MSFFB2 fps drop

gavagai

The matter has been assigned to the developers with 'Priority Urgent' status. Apart from patiently waiting rectification there is unfortunately nothing more to be done at this stage.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 159th_Viper et all,

Another problem with the MSFF2 is that after DCS is shut down the stick goes completely limp, with no "return to center" default force that is used for titles that do not use the force feedback functions.

DCS does not release the force feedback functions back to the OS after it exits.

Win 7 64 bit here.

S!

• Like 1

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Hi 159th_Viper et all,

Another problem with the MSFF2 is that after DCS is shut down the stick goes completely limp, with no "return to center" default force that is used for titles that do not use the force feedback functions.

DCS does not release the force feedback functions back to the OS after it exits.

Win 7 64 bit here.

S!

Thats true, if we can have a fix for this right now it would be awesome. I can use my FF2 on games that dosen´t support force feedback without loose the "return to center".

I tried that force feedback program (64 bit version) but I have to restart the game all the time and this is a pain.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Guys, I was doing some tests here and I found something odd.

I made a backup of my controls and graphics settings(Saved Games - DCS - Config - Input) and started DCS for a Quick Mission with the Su-33. I didn´t set anything, only the same graphics settings, the axis and FF settings are from the game.

The Su-33 seems to be not affected for the FPS drops, when in flight over the sea, only when I started to flight above the cities, obviously my FPS drops from 50 to 45/40 but it was a very smoothly to fly with this FPS, but then, I picked the A10A on the Quick Mission but the FPS drops started when I made a hard turn after the FF turned it on.

Try yourself and give your feedback to ED, let´s help them to solve this problem for us.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Yes, I already noted that the you have to make some hard turns for the fps drop to hit.

Starting on the ground, turning on the engine does it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Thanks for the efforts, c0ff. I really appreciate it.:)

We tracked the problem down to the joystick driver.

Fixing this require a non-trivial work-around, so the nearest patch unlikely to include it. But the next one - most probably will.

Good to hear. Thanks!

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

We tracked the problem down to the joystick driver.

Fixing this require a non-trivial work-around, so the nearest patch unlikely to include it. But the next one - most probably will.

Thank you!:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The fix is implemented, but requires more testing because it affects the whole FFB subsystem.

But c0ff, with the next patch we´ll be able to play without the FPS drops and the lost of the joystick centralization? (the joystick goes completely limp after shutting down DCS).

If we have an option to shut it down the FB without loose the centralization, it´s good for me, at least I´ll be able to play DCS once again.

Thanks for the news, looking forward for the new patch, and one more time, thanks for all the efforts.

Got the new update today but the problem remains.

As confirmed previously, it was never going to make this update. Work continues on solving the problem.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 3 weeks later...

Any news about the fix, guys? I was wondering to get DCS Mustang in the summer sale so I just want to know if we´ll have to wait until DCS 1.2.5.

Any news about the fix, guys? I was wondering to get DCS Mustang in the summer sale so I just want to know if we´ll have to wait until DCS 1.2.5.

I assume it's still This:

As confirmed previously, it was never going to make this update. Work continues on solving the problem.

(I just try to prevent Viper from re-posting his on post;))

BTW: Please! Make sure that this "Fix" will not brake the function of having two FFB controllers working in sync at the same time.

>>> Two MS FFB2 with Cougar Grip

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Resolution:

The bug will be half-fixed in 1.2.5: i.e. half of the FPS loss will remain.

The complete fix, which turned out to be a serious rewrite of the low-level input code, is ready and will be out in 1.2.6.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Well, better than nothing. If you could at least fix the problem that makes the stick stays completely limp without return to center when you deactivate the FF option and after you shut down DCS. I think this is one is a big problem for FF2 users too.

Thanks for the news, c0ff, and sorry for any inconvenience.

• ED Team
Well, better than nothing.

DCS is quickly evolving internally, and merging the complete fix into 1.2.5 is not an easy task by itself.

If you could at least fix the problem that makes the stick stays completely limp without return to center when you deactivate the FF option and after you shut down DCS. I think this is one is a big problem for FF2 users too.

Can you please elaborate more on this with steps to reproduce the problem.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Sorry, c0ff, when I said "better than nothing" I was referring about the little improvement that we will have with this partial fix in terms of FPS, maybe now I can lock my FPS to 40 instead 30 because it´s the only way that I found to keep playing DCS world. Sorry for the misunderstood.

Well, about the limp FF2, it happens when you close DCS World after a flight, when you back to the desktop, the stick gets loose and only back to be centralized when you reboot the Windows or when you unplug from the USB.

It would be great if ED could find a way to let us play without the FF but without losing the joystick centralization.