Aries Radio System

towsim

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be, that your new monitor has a different pixel resolution than the old one.

Indeed. The new monitor is 2560x1600, the old was 1920x1200.

DCS runs with DirectX while Aries Radio creates a Open GL graphics window. This would underline the situation, that DCS runs perfect without Aries Radio (without Open GL).

I'm running the latest drivers already, but I most certainly will wait for your update before tinkering further. Thanks for the response, it provides excellent context for the problem which I couldn't rationalize previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I punched in some goofy numbers to to the TGP statements, and crashed just before getting in the pit, I fixed the numbers and away I go.

If I edit the INI file to save my quality settings, I crash. I'm forced to set it every time I get in, and works every time, hassle, but it works.

I can only edit [window] for the TGP and it had to be correct, meaning a display had to be under it. and I could only edit the three radio setting, The background nor any other could be edited with out crash.

so far my 3x27", 1x24", and 2 Lilliputs are working most awesome. my Drivers are 344.75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

The only values which may be modified manually are the TGP coordinates. All other values should be set with the configuration program. There are some traps caused by format and value range, which probably crashes the simulation. But it is interesting. You seem to be only user who uses the TGP snap shot...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All installed correctly, double checked all files in place with manual installation guide, and Windows registry entries inserted, yet Aries interface does not render while pit is loaded and I am reported as 'off game' to other clients. I have 3 monitor set up, running borderless window mode on primary at its full res, yet Aries, it doesn't pop up on any of them. TS plugin is running, exports reported as connected.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

@shamandgg

It's hard to say what the reason could be. Could you send the following log files from your latest session to support@ariescon.com:

\DCS World\AriesWings\logs\AriesAirborneRadio_log.html

C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\AriesRadio\AriesRadioLog_log.html.

I will inspect the logs and keep you informed about the results. If you use a version > 1.955, it is necessary, that all participants use the same version. From version 1.956 on we changed the internet message format.

BTW, we will release version 1.970 as beta tomorrow night. It includes an installer. The manual installation becomes more complicated because of a modified directory structure and additional entries in the registry. It will even include the Gossip Box. The manual installation guide will take another week to be completed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Towsim, thanks, alright, will send these logs and will retry after new year's eve with new version as I am leaving today for holiday break. Wishing all the best to all of you.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Dec. 23rd.(this year).

:megalol:

Have a nice Christmas and thank you again for your effort!

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

The only values which may be modified manually are the TGP coordinates. All other values should be set with the configuration program. There are some traps caused by format and value range, which probably crashes the simulation. But it is interesting. You seem to be only user who uses the TGP snap shot...

Good to know about editing the INI.

The TGP snap shot is awesome, I'm using the crap out of it. I am renaming them after the mission, with MGRS, and its range, I can read this off the image after setting to display MGRS. I didn't keep the time stamp, but I really should, and will add it to my SOP.

I'm using it to help my clan find the targets and they are using it to learn how to set the Gain and level to make the detail pop out.

I've not been using the yellow identifying box as I'm a little busy. If I need one I'll use Windows Paint later. This is a great feature, not sure how to best us it just yet.

What's key here is that I can take the shot with my Shifted Master mode button it shows up on the far left display, out of my immediate viewing area, then press it again and it will save, and clear for the next shot. I don't even have to look at the shot before storing it.

Looking forward to an Aries Scratch and Sniff Mod...:thumbup:

Ooo, Yea, have a great Christmas, Now that the whole family is over, Trust me, They don't want to watch you fly. and they they will all be leaving soon..

Edited by spokejocky
Grammar was worse than it is now..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

all seems to be working again after:

I have yet to add JGSME and the _Mods folder, and later I'll booger with comm's quality. I'll need this to run with out issues for a few days to prove I've overcome my past issues.

To follow up from an earlier post, I have all _MOD's install with out issues. I must alt tab to com's quality when I enter the pit and reset them. Some times they stay set, I think if I close DCS and TS and reopen I may need to reset them. I'm just in the habit to alt tab now to check and re-verify.

If I'm in a public server my self and my small [iB]clan may see some issues and crashes if its late and it's busy. Any other time we see no issues. I'm pretty sure work has been done in this regard. I just didn't want any one to think my setup is all blue sky, donuts in the morning and all that happy crap. I too can see issues but some how they subside and all is chirpity-chirp, cricketie-cricket.

The Key to us has been to have all mentioned devices in that message,

(TS, DCS world, A10C, Aries, Tacview, JGSME, Mulimonitor Config, any thing that edits any thing beyond DCS world)

Has the Raw extricable set to run as admin. The installers and the programs them self's after the install's are set to "run as admin" This seems to be the big bottle of aspirin for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Version 1.970 beta

This new version is a internally reworked Aries Radio,based on user bug reports.The internal changes imply, that all users in a session have to have this new version installed. With other words, version 1.970 cannotconnect to users with older versions installed.

We decided to release a beta version because we have still an uncertain condition if more than 16 users are in a session at a time. It was not possible to get always that number of people together for a test session. If you experience troubles in a session with more than 16 participants, please report it to support@aries con.com.

Since we spent a lot of time for urgent bug repairs, it was not possible to finalize the support of Bf-109K-4 and the MI8 right in time. It will be supported with the next release.

The Gossip Box was delivered as separate package in former times. Since the gossip Box uses the same environment with TeamSpeak as the Airborne Radio does,it was likely, that troubles come up with different DLL versions.Now we deliver the Gossip Box together with the Airborne Radio. This ensures a consistent version management. The installation of the Gossip Box is not a must. It can be selected in the installer program.

The new year will bring us the first radar applications. To simplify the beta test phase, the configuration data and the BlackSea map data are installed precautionary.This is even done in regard to the coming Nevada Map and WW2 environment. You find these additional data in C:\Program Files\AriesWings\RadarEnvironment\BlackSea

Download

The new version 1.970 can be downloaded from the Ares Wings download page:

http://ariescon.com/index10.html

New features in 1.970

Version 1.970contains the following new features:

• The rotary selector of the A10C intercom panel determines, which radio box will be used for transmission if the MICforward button is pushed.
  • The device installation during mission startup is repaired.The PTT buttons now work without any error.
  • The information window in the TeamSpeak client was reworked.The client configuration is now visible even if the localclient is Off Game.
  • The internal internet messaging was reworked. Therefore thisversion (1.970) does not communicate with older versions anymore. All members of a session have to have version 1.970 installed.
  • The client management was reworked to differentiate between the client ID, client computer and game server.This repairs some effects while calculating the voice degradation based on distance and terrain.
  • The folder structure was changed to prepare the coming radarapplications. The shadow map file is moved to
  • C:\Program Files\AriesWings\RadarEnvironment\BlackSea and renamed to BlackSeaShaddow.map

Known Bugs

The internal target and client management was reworked. In the older versions we experienced some memory bugs if more than 16 clients were connected at a time. This bug should be repaired. However, we could not test the situation with more than 16 clients extensively .

Conclusion

We are at the end of the year 2014. It was a year with a lot ups and downs and endless work on the radio applications.Thanks of the support of my fellow pilots from the 10th Gunfighters and other virtual wings as testers, most of the announcements could be realized right in time.Therefore I say 'Thank you' to all Aries users because of their patience and support.

A peaceful and contemplative holiday season and a happy new year to all DCS enthusiasts from:

Aries Wings Consulting

Owner:-------------------------Friedhelm Michel

CEO:-----------------------------Friedhelm Michel

CTO:-----------------------------Friedhelm Michel

Software development:----Friedhelm Michel

Consultant:--------------------Friedhelm Michel

Marketing:---------------------Friedhelm Michel

Controlling:--------------------Friedhelm Michel

Test Staff:----------------------10th Gunfighters

Quality Management:-------10th Gunfighters

Documentation:--------------Friedhelm Michel

Accounts department:------Friedhelm Michel

Cleaning Staff:----------------Friedhelm Michel

Notorious grumbler:--------Schleudi

CMtreeA10.thumb.jpg.0a45aa17d9095eaa2b74221929ad5971.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks for all the effort you and your team put into this great application. Frohe weihnachten und gute rutz ins neue jahr!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks for this invaluable piece of software. I cant imagine DCS without Aries, is part of every flight and a must have for inmersion and realism.

Thanks Aries Team.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks for the update. Well appreciated.

I couldn't get the Gossip box installed!

(Install as admin, and Gossip box checked.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

We strongly recommend to de-install any versions before 1.970 Beta.

Thanks for update..do I need to completely remove previous version or can I simply update the file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

@R34P3R

Up to now, the installer needed not to access the Program Files folder. Version 1.70 adds the Gossip Box and some additional Folders to C:\Program Files\AriesWings. The access rights depend on ,your user account control settings. I would recommend to set the user account control settings to the lowest level and try the installation again. You find the user account control settings in the control panel / action center. There, select 'change User Account Control settings' . Move the slider down, towards 'never notify'. If this procedure does not work, please contact me on support@ariescon.com again. I will then assemble a small manual installation package for the Gossip Box.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After installation I got two more icon on my desktop...related to GossipBox...but when I click on both icon I get an error message:

GossipBox was not installed correctly! Aborting...

DO I need to install other software then AriesRadio?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and support

@R34P3R

Up to now, the installer needed not to access the Program Files folder. Version 1.70 adds the Gossip Box and some additional Folders to C:\Program Files\AriesWings. The access rights depend on ,your user account control settings. I would recommend to set the user account control settings to the lowest level and try the installation again. You find the user account control settings in the control panel / action center. There, select 'change User Account Control settings' . Move the slider down, towards 'never notify'. If this procedure does not work, please contact me on support@ariescon.com again. I will then assemble a small manual installation package for the Gossip Box.

Didn't work. E-mail send.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

@vespa and R34P3R

I prepared a manual installation package for the Gossip Box. With the help of the attached documentation, you can compare the different directory and registry entries whether they match. If not, you can download the entire manual installation package from:

http://ariescon.com/GBOmanualInstallation.zip

Gossip Box Manual Installation.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]