Can't fire Vikhr in A2G mode + other issues

PhanTom301

... and I don't know what to do!?:(

My procedure:

1. turn on Shkval via "O"

2. hit "Enter" to switch to ground-fixed (KC) mode

3. move marker to target (","/":"/"-"/"Ö" on german keyboard)

4. wait for "AC" indication on Shkval

5. activate the laser via "RShift+O"

6. move the targeting reticle over the Shkval target

7. wait for "LA" indication on HUD

8. press fire: "space"

and after that no missle is fired.:huh:

Further minor issues:

- "R" indication in HUD bugged in "0" number

- no weapon stations visible on HUD + no squares around selected ones

Kind regards, Tom

Weapons stations apparently still not fixed yet, DEVs, it seems (maybe though in real Su-25T it's not even there, dunno though)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Are you holding the space bar for one full second?

Delayed fire is a feature, not a bug as much as I know.

- "R" indication in HUD bugged in "0" number

If you are reffering to altimeter on the top right side of the HUD display it aligns it self with the last digit. So it will be 10P (10R) when you're at 10 meters high, 1000R when you're 1000m high... If that is what you're talking about - it is not a bug, but a feature, and I was also like "It's a BUUUUUG" until I took off :D

Edited by Kameni

Strange... Everywhere else I see the "p"/"R" on the very right side of the radar alitmeter when on ground. So for me the "p" is right IN the "0" when on ground. No more problems in the air though.

Regarding the delayed fire: stupidity of myself.:music_whistling:

So for me the "p" is right IN the "0" when on ground. No more problems in the air though.

It's like that for all of us.

Personally - I like it more like this :D

But they do have buggy Su25T HUD in this release, and I've already reported a more serious bug.

• 2 weeks later...
Delayed fire is a feature, not a bug as much as I know.

Yes, it prevents from firing missiles by accidental pressing of fire button.

Other missiles have delayed fire too.

5. activate the laser via "RShift+O"
Its not needed if you firing vikhrs. Laser will automatically turn on after vikhr launch.

Only missiles like Kh-25ML or KH-29L require to manually turn on laser before launch.

Edited by macieksoft

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to ask a question, but I guess I should test it again after splash said you dont need an active laser to fire the vikhr...

My question would have been if its intended, that you are able to fire only 1 Vikhr at a time. I have (or had) to disable the laser and activate it again to fire a second one

I wanted to ask a question, but I guess I should test it again after splash said you dont need an active laser to fire the vikhr...

My question would have been if its intended, that you are able to fire only 1 Vikhr at a time. I have (or had) to disable the laser and activate it again to fire a second one

Well, yes and no.

Normall operation is to fire one.

Though, when salvo mode is used you should be able to fire two.

No idea if that actually works though, never use it.

About having to switch of the laser before firing another one, i think that if you wait for the countdown timer in the lower LH side of the HUD to reach 0 you don't have to switch off the laser for the next shot.

May well be wrong though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

You can fire the vikhr without the laser being active.

The moment the vikhr launches the laser activates to guide the vikhr.

If you then switch of the laser the vikhr will lose guidance.

Allright, that's what I meant. Vikhr can be fired without active range finding laser - the missile just flies as long until it impacts at something. But with completely turned off laser, even the guidance laser will not activate and thus the vikhr will not function as intended.

Just wanted to make sure of what laser we were talking here.