Flexi Sight and Track IR

LupinYonder

I'd like to see the mod. I use the clip (REFUSE to do the other thing with wires).

posting pics tomorrow !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Press F9 to disable TrackIR, then mouse will work, well does for me.

Doesn't work for me. I'm using a three point clip with the point tracker plugin for FaceteackNoIR. Anyone else?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I dont like using trackIR for the flexi sight or the door gunners.

I would rather have a fixed sight position on the flexi sight and gunners which would be movable with the mouse / hat switch.

I hope it can be changed for final release

+1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Not sure if troll or just promoting your own agenda here.

Of course I am promoting my own agenda. My agenda is to have a Track Clip Pro that does not break so easily. I thought I made that perfectly clear. I have an agenda to get rid of wires. I thought I made that perfectly clear as well. I would prefer not to wear anything on my head at all. That is not an agenda but a preference.

Has anyone ever made a post on here that was not an agenda? Posts are made with the intent of attaining a goal.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

make your own thread if you want to complain about the fragile track clip pro, no need to hijack this one.

I would prefer not to use trackIR for the weapon stations, it does not feel right and when looking down the sight you get side shift and that makes it very difficult to get on target.

The ark of fire does not seem right on the door gunners, you see door gunners leaning out and firing in hueys, but in the sim it is not possible, of course its still beta and belmsitek are doing a great job

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

make your own thread if you want to complain about the fragile track clip pro, no need to hijack this one.

Thanks Mate One more time....

Has any one with track ir ( or other wise ) managed to bind the flexible site or door gunner site to a hat switch ?

Am I going mad? I said in the OP that I had got it working with the mouse but this was not satisfactory to me.

When using the copilot flexi sight, how can I unbind the trackIR control over it ? I want to use the ,/;. keys on my stick hat but can't get them to override track IR or mouse control

:helpsmilie:

My Solution so far

To bind a button to pause Track IR

To switch ctl C for mouse control

Use mouse to murder and pillage.

This is cool but, I'd like to try it with the hat switch, might be more stable.

Lets just forget about

THE MOUSE

THE BADLY MADE TIR

And Concentrate on BINDING the FLEXI SIGHT to a HAT SWTICH ?

If its not possible I will shut up and go away, I haven't managed it and I wonder if anyone has. Does it really take 4 pages to get a reply on this ?

Please, No one suggest that I disable track IR and use the mouse. I tried this before I made my OP and mentioned it in OP so I really don't understand why this is being suggested as a solution.

( Deep Breath, Rant Over )

And Concentrate on BINDING the FLEXI SIGHT to a HAT SWTICH ?

Options/Controls/UH-1H - find rows

- Flexible Sight Up

- Flexible Sight Down

- Flexible Sight Left

- Flexible Sight Right

and bind it with whatever buttons you like

Edited by Suchacz

Thanks Suchacz

Have you tried it and does it work ? There are fields to bind the fexi site to buttons but I could not get that to work.

Do you have Track IR ?

Have you managed to get flexi site controlled by button binds with or without Track IR ?

Pity that disabling TIR is the only practical way to aim with the mouse. It'd be nice if at least the gunner views worked like the F2 external view, where TIR is automatically disabled and the mouse works to move the view around.

I DON'T WANT TO AIM WITH THE MOUSE!!! I got the mouse working as I said in the OP

I want to try and use a hat switch.

Please someone read at least the OP and some of the posts before replying...

P.S. Sorry Biggus but I'm trying to get an answer out of "The Internet" is sometimes like herding cats

I DON'T WANT TO AIM WITH THE MOUSE!!! I got the mouse working as I said in the OP

I want to try and use a hat switch.

Please someone read at least the OP and some of the posts before replying...

P.S. Sorry Biggus but I'm trying to get an answer out of "The Internet" is sometimes like herding cats

I did read it. I read other things, too. Like this:

Would be good to seperate gunner control from the view axis though or a check box option somewhere

I also noted this bolded part in your opening post:

This is cool but, I'd like to try it with the hat switch, might be more stable.

Therefore, up until your tantrum on the last page I was under the impression that some form of compromise not involving hat switches or other keys might be acceptable, if not ideal. A more elegant separation of mouse-look from TIR input could have made this option a lot more workable and probably wouldn't be very hard for Belsimtek to implement until a better solution came along.

Thanks Biggus Sorry If I started to lose my cool, you know what its like on forums.. your not sure if your making yourself clear or if there is some other barrier to understanding. Anyway I am still using the Mouse and TIR disable solution as I mentioned in OP which is ok, and maybe after all is better than the hat swtich. I would have liked to try it with the hat but I could never get it to work even once TIR was disabled and the buttons are bound to my X-52 hat.

A more elegant separation of mouse-look from TIR input could have made this option a lot more workable and probably wouldn't be very hard for Belsimtek to implement until a better solution came along.

We will just have to wait for end of beta I guess. As a side note I wonder how real UH-1 pilots aim in the number 1 seat without that unreal site that appears in the middle of the glass for the main pilot. This has gone on long enough without anyone demonstrating that they managed to bind the felxi site controls to a hat at all. I assume while this feature is shown in the controls list it is either non functional or not working alongside Track IR. ] Thanks for everyone's help.

Edited by LupinYonder