74 members have voted

1. 1. P-51 Hotas Anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prototype Prop. & Mixt. Lock Knob complete

This isn't 100% representative of the final work, but will be used for the prototype. Original material is plastic...this one is made from steel. Also, rivets are supposed to be used for holding the crossbar onto the knob - machine screws were used here to expedite the process.

photo.thumb.JPG.33c748993d931ca867c92387df46a019.JPG

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

YES!! I will take it in kit form, not painted, not sanded, no electronics. And no thottle grip if you can't make one. I can sand, rivet paint and assemble myself.

I'll start on the electronics for it and I'll alpha test the hell out of it. And when my 3d printer arrives I can make plastic parts for it, cheap and fast. What is the throttle grip made of, rubber or hard plastic?

EDIT: Oh and when I start cranking out all the other stuff for the P-51 you'll be the first one to get it! Come on, I'm real desperate here :)

Edited by hegykc

YES!! I will take it in kit form, not painted, not sanded, no electronics. And no thottle grip if you can't make one. I can sand, rivet paint and assemble myself.

I'll start on the electronics for it and I'll alpha test the hell out of it. And when my 3d printer arrives I can make plastic parts for it, cheap and fast. What is the throttle grip made of, rubber or hard plastic?

EDIT: Oh and when I start cranking out all the other stuff for the P-51 you'll be the first one to get it! Come on, I'm real desperate here :)

Sorry....can't help you out yet!

The throttle grip is rubber....similar to neoprene.

Here's another subassembly though!

image.thumb.jpg.fa668578e37fcce4a8f41cb0e2c8c084.jpg

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

• 2 weeks later...
This is neat! Would I be able to buy one sometime?:D

I hope so! There will be a very small batch which will definitely be made...whether there will be enough for everyone who wants one will most likely be dependent on a successful kickstarter campaign...at least that is the way I am planning to fund this project at a larger scale.

I have some semi-finished "springs" almost ready to go - they still need to be formed and heat treated though. These are what control the friction on the levers. As you can see, they actually fit nicely with the previously finished spring guides/cylinders.

photo.thumb.JPG.acfaf2a515ff4df0a9b050d3acb0be7d.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.6d9b5644e597f4bb4e7f5c51b57b815c.jpeg

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

• 2 weeks later...

So LOGICNC, what would a person reasonably have to do to assure they would be able to acquire one of your offerings when they are ready for their debut? Be sure to note the "reasonably" part.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

So LOGICNC, what would a person reasonably have to do to assure they would be able to acquire one of your offerings when they are ready for their debut? Be sure to note the "reasonably" part.:music_whistling:

That depends on what you consider reasonable. ;)

There will be a very small batch which will definitely be produced...all of which I believe are currently spoken for. I haven't accepted deposits on these units yet, so it's possible some of those may become available.

Large® scale production will only be possible through a crowdfunding campaign (kickstarter) which I hope to initiate closer to the summer after finishing the prototype. I hope to use funds raised from a kickstarter campain to expand the machinery range I posess to make larger scale production possible.

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

Okay!

Well, wishing you luck and I will stay tuned on this site should one of those already spoken for becomes available.:pilotfly:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT