DCS F-15 module

Hellfire257's idea is something I have done in the past when we were active in World War 2 Online, I had 5 squad accounts for squad mates down on their luck, so they could play.

When they were back on their feet, they re-uped their account.

If there is a member of my group who voices interest in a DCS module, I will gladly buy them a copy to get them interested in the sim if need be.

For the time effort DCS puts into this sim and the enjoyment that is taken from it, the money is nothing.

How many copies of Harpoon or LOMAC have some people purchased over the years?

Its a way to support the product you love.

People buy cars and have monthly payments of 300.00 to 2000.00 a month. A one time charge for a sim like this is peanuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

games are for children 12 years old

simulators are typically purchased by adults

you're looking for a game to buy? ... buy HAWX 2 ...

That's okay. Let 12 yr olds have the joy of getting to know this sim/game. Let adults that have no time learn, first learn in game mode. More sales = more money for DCS sim or game.

Once a sim mode is made, adding game mode is just an option. Nothing wrong with options even if you don't like it. Others may.

Hey don't hate on kids. I was much younger than twelve when I got into PC flight simulation. That was a time when no sim was anywhere near DCS standard. Granted the flight sims were much easier, but they sure weren't HAWX.

Game mode is something that allows kids AND people with no prior flight sim experience to have a good time more quickly. Many people will move onto the sim anyway, once they are inevitably intrigued by the challenge.

Don't underestimate game mode. Not everyone has the luxury of years of experience in flight sims or real aircraft for that matter. In a world where there are very few entry level flight sims, game mode is an essential part for the package and flight simming as a whole.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

So if someone likes Ace Combat, can't stand Hawx, likes Call of Duty, likes ArmA, DCS, BMS and IL-2, where would they fit?

In what way does the existence of game mode harm anyone who plays these sims?

So if someone likes Ace Combat, can't stand Hawx, likes Call of Duty, likes ArmA, DCS, BMS and IL-2, where would they fit?

In the same place I would go I guess.

At any rate, I would be happy to pay $40 or $50 for a pre-release/beta F-15C with AFM.

This is, however, under the stipulation that it will, at some point, be upgraded to the full DCS version free of charge. I would pay $30 for just the AFM, but that is pushing it.

I understand that many people expect/want a discount of some sort if they have FC3 purchased. Now I purchased on day one of the release, so I might have gotten a little bit more play time on it than some, but I've gotten my money's worth. Some people say that they might not have bought it if they knew that a new module was coming out for the plane that they wanted. I say stop making excuses. The real point is that nobody owes you anything that they didn't promise you. ED promised you FC3; ED has since delivered FC3, and obviously the people who are complaining got their money's worth or they wouldn't own the game anymore.

What it really comes down to is people wanting free stuff. Don't be embarrassed, I would beg for free gas if it would help. The only reason that people are begging for it to be discounted or saying that they wouldn't buy it if it were over a certain ridiculously low amount of money, is because they want it. They want it, they want it now, and they want it done.

I want it, I want it now, and I want the whole everything. I have bought every single ED product since the original lockon on day one, and I have no intention of slowing down. I'm not rich by any standard, but they doesn't mean that I wouldn't eat at home for a day in order to buy a superb product that will last me ages. Hell, I've spent countless hours in the A-10C, which by my standard is all but a slow, ugly, pig with annoyingly high pitched engines.

So there are really only two choices:

1. You can buy it, because you want it.

2. You can opt to not purchase it, because you don't want it.

3. You need it because DCS has replaced food in your diet, and without it you would die?

There is not:

4. I really, really, really want it, and would give my second child to have it, oh if only it were cheaper than a parking ticket.

5. (my favorite) I hate this game, it is terrible in every way, shape and form. I knew it would be this way going in, but I bought it anyway to prove how much I hate it. I think that I should have (insert x amount of free items here), because, although I didn't want to get a refund, I still hate this game.

/rant

P.S. I accidentally necroed this three day old thread.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

My first sim was Jane's AH-64D Longbow in 1996 (a high fidelity sim at this time, IMO) ... I was 13 years old. ;)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]