DCS F-15 module

Mark my words, It will be $39.90 for either the F-15C or Su-27S, $59.90 for a dual pack.

That's fair, although I'd guess at $30 per module.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a clickable cockpit I won't pay more than $0, because:

1) We have already free mods with awesome exteriors. They doesn't have a perfect modeled interiors, but I don't see any advantage of having a cockpit that I can't use.. If I want a nice image I can use a picture on my desktop;

2) I don't want to learn thousand of different key-combos. I want to learn the switch position on the plane and use them, like I do with my A10C and like I would do in real life.

3) I plan to use a HMD (today it's the oculus rift, tomorrow it will be something else), I want to be independent of the keyboard, I want to use my HOTAS and use my cockpit.. not to look around blindly for my keyboard.

If ED is desperately looking for money, I would be glad to give my contribution (they could start a kickstarter project), but only for the simulative modules (at the same level as the A10C .. *minimum*), I wouldn't pay a cent for anything else.

$19.99 for an AFM by itself seems reasonable to me. The common forum member doesn't realize (or forgets) just how hard and time-consuming writing an AFM is. There's no magic button you press and it poops out a working, accurate FM. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I'm happy to pay $50 per module and even if they cost more I'd still buy them. I've been using flight sims since the mid 80's and seen the company's making them drop one by one ever since. The DCS products, including 3rd party modules such as the new Huey, are excellent and well worth every penny and it would be such a shame to see this series and all the talent involved vanish and as such I'm willing to support their hard work any way and will always find the funds to buy their products.

Flight sims also don't sell in anything like the quantities of other games so to make it worthwhile as a business they have to charge more.

I know these are tough times financially for people but as the old saying goes "Where there a will, there's a way"

40 bucks for a module. Spread that over a year and that's 11 cents a day. That's essentially free. Compare that to 15 dollars at the IMAX to see Star Trek in 3D. That movie was 2 hours and 12 minutes. I bought my A-10C license in summer of 2010, and still fly it every chance I get (although I've been spending far too much time in the Huey lately).

Every time you start the sime you get your monies' worth. For your entertainment dollar vs. time spent it pays for itself many times over. That's why I'm happy to buy modules I'll never use, like the P-51. I have no particular interest in WWII aircraft flying myself, but I will happily support ED with the scant pennies they charge for their products. I'm more sanguine when it comes to the 3rd party stuff, but if they turn out to be as addictive as the UH-1H, then they'll get my damn money as well.

Support the art,else it will die, and all you have left is angry birds.

Hear hear!

All that fuzz about 40 bucks. If i should count how much money I spent in bars the last 15 years. Or in the movies, or restaurants!!

pheeew!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• ED Team
both Modules will show up as F-15C as they will use the same internal wsType and reporting name. (hopefully)

I have no idea, but I hope that would be the case... an F-15C is an F-15C, if you dont own it, it will be AI, if you own FC3 it will be SFM and if you own the new module it will be AFM...

Or my personal wish... anyone that has FC3 gets upgrade to F-15C module/AFM for a discounted price of some sort...

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No.

Mark my words, It will be $39.90 for either the F-15C or Su-27S, $59.90 for a dual pack.

Same price as the A10 with only a fraction of the content.

Seems too steep, if they do end up charging that i don't think it'll sell too well.

$14.99 per plane

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I have no idea, but I hope that would be the case... an F-15C is an F-15C, if you dont own it, it will be AI, if you own FC3 it will be SFM and if you own the new module it will be AFM...

Or my personal wish... anyone that has FC3 gets upgrade to F-15C module/AFM for a discounted price of some sort...

and that will keep me from having both installed and fighting with each other :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's fair, although I'd guess at $30 per module.

I agree. I own every sim ED has made and I totally support that they need money to develop these modules. I don't mind 30$ for a AFM module.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Does anyone here remember being a kid back when you had to go to the arcade and toss in your quarter to play a game??

What would you spend in a day? A week?

DCSs products are worth every penny they charge for it.

Whatever price they decide to sell a new module for, its worth the price they ask.

Ill buy it.

Does anyone here remember being a kid back when you had to go to the arcade and toss in your quarter to play a game??

DCSs products are worth every penny they charge for it.

Whatever price they decide to sell a new module for, its worth the price they ask.

Ill buy it.

I remember spending $40 a day at namco arcades easily.

Also why is there 2 active threads on generally the same topic (the F-15C standalone stuff)

Going bonkers trying to read both.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Over the years, I've spent thousands on new PC's, joysticks, rudders and TrackIR's all with playing ED products as the driving motivation. Paying $50 for a module that gives so much return in terms of hours of study and gameplay is almost insignificant. I fully support ED and they are masters of our niche genre, they set the standard and I have no problems with paying what they deem is worthy of reward for all their hard work and continued support to our community. I just wish I could devote more of my time to fully appreciate what they give us. I will continue to purchase all their modules, knowing it will lead to greater releases. I've been a huge fan since the days of Flanker, I've invested thousands of hours of study, and had countless "wow" moments as a reward.

Maybe people should ask themselves what they would be doing if we didn't have ED almost giving away these high quality products that give hours of entertainment and a sense of achievement that very few other products come anywhere near reproducing.

:megalol:

Yeah right pull the other one :thumbup: :megalol:

It's 2013........We're happy enough to pay $75 for Battlefield 4 but you want to pay $10 for a DCS module? What is this thread, an attempt at trolling? Surely not.

$10? :megalol:

$75 for Battlefield 4

DICE is out of their mind

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I remember that very well, I would go to the arcade and watch all the rich kids play - I could not afford it. Thanks for bringing back some sad childhood memories. :cry:

Same price as the A10 with only a fraction of the content.

Seems too steep, if they do end up charging that i don't think it'll sell too well.

$49.90 for UH-1H, and in that module there's no advanced systems such as onboard computers, radar and so on.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I clicked a wrong button.

We thought you are arguing with yourself :D :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The whole DCS line is underpriced considering the fidelity of the simulation IMHO.

I suspect the military side of the contract which resulted in civilian releases helped to reduce our cost.

Either way I do agree with you and am extremely happy that these have been priced to the point where enthusiasts of MOST levels can enjoy it.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

As a FC3 owner, I have quite mixed feelings.

I'm pissed off at first, because if i knew about those modules, i would never have purchased FC3 and i'm sure several here wouldn't. And that make me crazy because they didn't told us before FC -exactly for that reason. I fell like a big stick in my ass. FC3 was just here to financially support those addon developpement. in some way, i understand they need the money, in some way, i felt they could have done better (see 2nd chapter)

FC3 was released on November 2012 and the new models may be available on December 2013. Could you resist not flying FC3 for a year if you knew ? :D

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

$49.90 for UH-1H, and in that module there's no advanced systems such as onboard computers, radar and so on.

you don't buy a pro sim just only for the onboard computers;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog