EAC? *NOOB ALERT*

Rammit

That would have been the EGI Power switch (Right console)... after alignment is finished, blinking "NAV READY", and pressing NAV, you must choose the EGI as source for navigation on the NMSP (the button panel directly behind the flightstick).

If you forget that EAC will not work. In the end make sure all lights on the Warning lights panel are unlit :smartass:

If you already knew all this, take it as a hint for the next newcomer searching the forums... :D

Thank you man! That's exactly what I was missing

So in the end, what exactly controls the autopilot axises on this particular aircraft?

Well, a computer. The A-10C's EGI uses a combination of GPS and INS, it has the instruments to measure airspeed and vertical speed, accelerometers, pitot tubes and what have you, it's all combined in some big pile of 1's and 0's and then it interprets all the data to determine what the aircraft is doing and what corrections are needed to maintain the selected mode of flight (path hold, altitude + heading hold, or altitude hold). At the same time, regardless of the autopilot, the aircraft presents all of that data on the instruments in the cockpit. They don't do the actual work itself, they simply relate it in a manner that the human factor in the aircraft can understand and work with.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm no expert on the A-10, but that was my thought too.

As soon as the CDU and EGI are powered on it begins the ground alignment. As others have said, you need to wait until it says 4.0.0.8 on the CDU which takes about 4 minutes. After that press Nav on the CDU, then on the dash (kind of hidden behind the stick) you push EGI. Now under the throttle is a switch called EAC. You switch that to ARM. That's it for the alignment process. It's worked flawlessly for me hundreds of times like that.

No need to move the plane before you do that, otherwise it does an in-flight alignment which isn't as accurate and takes longer.

Ive been stuck here too and this solved it for me. Many thanks :)

I started reading this thread because I also had trouble with the EAC activation and when I realized I was just not waiting long enough for the align before activating the switches that depended on it, then problem solved. I use acceleration (contrl-z) to get through the timeout quicker.

-Pv-

Well, you will quickly learn a lot of things you need to do during that four minutes!:D

Preparing Weapon profiles on the DSMS page (HOF of Cluster Bombs for example), setting up the TAD maps, preparing TACAN frequencies for Tanker, ILS for Landing, program frequency presets for the radios... most of the time you are pretty occupied and the alignment is already finished before you are ready to start.

EDIT: forgot to mention Laser frequencies for LGBs and TGP, when dropping in Multiplayer. Each plane should sort to individual laser frequencies, so you don't end up lasing your wingmans bomb away from its target.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Unfortunately, many of my friends use those 4 minutes to bitch at me for not getting to the runway. Apparently they think thats chump time sitting there. Their drag indexes tend to be obscene.

Well just fire your TGP Laser on 1688 whenever they drop a LGB and ask them why they didn't change the Bombs Laser frequency on the ground? :D

They may do it inflight, of course, but during mission I like to keep my eyeballs outside the cockpit as much as possible...;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)