Mud movers have a tough life

For me main problem was Shkval movement in Ka-50. I couldn't use mouse and was too lazy to manually set it up in config files. In Su-25T you can use mouse so you have fine control over image movement, thus easier locking
I never could get the mouse to control the target designator properly in the Su-25T (or in any other plane for that matter). Any tips on how to do this?

Fighters will always be a complement to SEAD and later to ground and CAS attack missions, unless their airbase is suddenly attacked and they need to scramble.:book:

EDIT:

''Fighter'' is actually a bad name for me... they should call this type of aircraft ''defenders''. They are only there to ''defend'' other aircraft after all and provide air superiority for other type of aircraft to be able to fly in.

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Conversely you dudes that talk with your hands must be prepared to cover your strike craft, especially when there are easier pickings in the offing somewhere else.

I normally fly the A-10C , so I know whats it like to be uncovered . Sometimes I get up in the F-15 or Mig-29 for a blast , but Im not really good in fighters ..... but I agree with your above comment .

I normally start a mission with A-10C , and when I see there is no top cover and manage to get my ass shot down , Ill go up in a fighter and try to help a little .

I found that the Fighters that concentrate on the mud movers are typically not very good against other Fighters. They try to pad their stats by taking easy kills and hiding from the other Fighters.

The Fighter pilots that are skilled tend to wait for other fighters.

Edit: How many times did I say Fighters? :)

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Many missions are won by attriting enemy ground forces, and as such concentrating on destroying enemy A2G aircraft is the correct thing to do. The other correct thing to do is to protect your own A2G aircraft ... thus fighters that just run off after other fighters aren't necessarily all that good at winning missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Very true in real life. But when listening on TS and playing it's not the case.

It's not very smart to try to run an A-10 in most servers with Fighters operating. You rarely have backup and once they spot you it's lights out and another 20 minutes getting back to the same spot.

If there was actual protection it would be great and the occasional getting shot down wouldn't be bad. Also if servers limited sides to their own TS channel the mud boys would be able to call for help without alerting the other side to their location.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

kontiuka

I used axis tune on my Su-25T to set the slew up, I use the same for the A-10C.

Joy_X Deadzone 5 and Saturation Y 60

Joy_Y Deadzone 5 and Saturation Y 60

Leave the curve and saturation X stock

If that is too slow bump the saturation settings up to 70 etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

so yesterday I was flying online and happy hunting the enemy ground troops in my Su-25T while watching out for funny looking white trails towards me from ground. Suddenly I was pinned by an enemy radar, and my RWR went all crazy. Long story short I though one missile was on my direction which I was able to dodge successfully but what I didn't know is that the second missile was also coming towards my direction which got me.

After mission was over, it seems that the other dude fired 3 missiles at me. Now what kind of petaQ would fire three missiles at a virtually defenseless Su-25T? :huh:

This makes me believe that we mud movers have a tough life. We have to look out for MANPADS, AAA, fighter jocks, long range SAMs, AI helis with awesome skills..Heck, even the infantry tries to shoot us down :D

Whereas fighter jocks just need to worry about long range SAMs and other fighter jocks throwing rotten tomatoes at each other from BVR. :P

By the way, is there any server where fighters really protect their mod movign buddies, and players play in a coordinated way?

I'm surprised that most online mission makers don't even include the P-51D to act as CAP being the only fighter hi-fi ED ever produced. Its a shame that also not alot of huey pilots can't act as GFC's.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

LMFAO ..... now that 2nd vid was brilliant ..... Im still laughing too , especially with the terminator Mav and the flying cow and the debris hitting the Hawk battery ..... ED should hire these dudes and turn any thread into a laughing spree !!!

Just excellent .............

Some how Bill et John come to mind:punk:

When did DCS ever have cows!? How can I add them back into DCS? Believe me, nothing would enhance realism more for me than being able to bomb a herd of cows!

I have fond memories of shooting cows in Comanche 3 and hearing them explode with a "MOOOOOOOOO!"

Edit: