AWACS is for Noobs

Ice

AWACS is for Noobs  

70 members have voted

1. 1. AWACS is for Noobs

• AWACS are for Noobs
    • AWACS are Cool
    • I like it both ways

How about: active radar missiles are for noobs.

Anyway I’ve got the impression that F-15 pilots perform like noobs facing AWACS support.

Thus for balance reasons without AWACS is OK for me.

It's a different fight entirely, that's all I'll say about that ... if you can't adjust your tactics (and I mean in terms of bandit detection for one) you'll be in trouble.

As for active radar guided missiles being for n00bs ... I'll have that discussion with anyone who has a good clue about how any missile in LOMAC works ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AWACS is not implemented correctly - so giving AWACS even to both sides actually doesn't work well at all, since one side gets a datalink, the other doesn't even get a picture call, depending on the aircraft used.
The other side does not have to be F-15 only. Cold war is over GGTharos.

And the fact is, F-15 was technologically inferior to Su-27 when it comes to data-link.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

dude, none of things in Lomac a noob. None. if it's a realistic Flight simulator, so be it, there is no such noob items or things in realistic.

Cheer.

I vote both ways, both works fine for me.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

both ways and yes offering chances to use all of the games features online really opens up the results of more people being interested.

Without guys posting in here begging for people to play online.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

AWACS is not implemented correctly - so giving AWACS even to both sides actually doesn't work well at all, since one side gets a datalink, the other doesn't even get a picture call, depending on the aircraft used.

Agree completely GGT, better not to have it than to have a completely one sided implementation as now. See picture in this thread

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=5658&page=7

It seems to me that too many people flying Lock-On have Blinkers on.

I whole heartedly agree that an F15 on its own in an AWACS evironment has a disadvantage in Situation Awareness. But it only takes one pilot in a Su27 (Also on blue Team) and some voice comms to give full Information just like a "DataLink" to the Ego Drivers to make them the most lethal aircraft on the map.

in the "72 Player" mission, the 2 most maneuverable aircraft, the F15 and the Su27 are both on blue team.

What about the benifits of the F15?

Huge Fuel carrying capacity

Able to carry 8 Fire and forget medium/long range missiles

The best radar of any aircraft in the sim

Best Cockpit for visibilty

AWACS info is in English, you only need listen

Much faster than any other ac at low speeds and for longer

Able to Fire HOJ or TWS without launch Warning

Receives a launch warning when fired apon in HOJ mode

Can fire at up to 6 targets at once in TWS

>>It seems to me that too many people flying Lock-On have Blinkers on.<< I've been recording online flights for sometime and its real revealing ... the number of enemy a/c that you just fly by and never see! Well worth doing!

>>What about the benifits of the F15?<<

Huge Fuel carrying capacity - 27 has more internally.

Able to carry 8 Fire and forget medium/long range missiles - 27 carries more missiles - although they are not F&F granted.

The best radar of any aircraft in the sim ... as in RL

Best Cockpit for visibilty ... as in RL

AWACS info is in English, you only need listen ... never used the Russian fighters, so not sure about his one.

Much faster than any other ac at low speeds and for longer ... not sure what you mean 'faster at lower speeds'

Able to Fire HOJ or TWS without launch Warning ... 29 has HOJ too. TWS granted ... but again as in RL

Receives a launch warning when fired apon in HOJ mode ... is this true for 29s with 77?

Can fire at up to 6 targets at once in TWS ... as in RL.

But it also has a number of important features missing ... radar modes, MFD with nav, AWACS feeds etc.

The aim of a sim (IMHO) is to simulate RL as close as possible from my arm chair, it doesn't have to be fair. Everyone plays LO for different reasons ...

>>It seems to me that too many people flying Lock-On have Blinkers on.<< I've been recording online flights for sometime and its real revealing ... the number of enemy a/c that you just fly by and never see! Well worth doing!

>>What about the benifits of the F15?<<

Huge Fuel carrying capacity - 27 has more internally.

Able to carry 8 Fire and forget medium/long range missiles - 27 carries more missiles - although they are not F&F granted.

The best radar of any aircraft in the sim ... as in RL

Best Cockpit for visibilty ... as in RL

AWACS info is in English, you only need listen ... never used the Russian fighters, so not sure about his one.

Much faster than any other ac at low speeds and for longer ... not sure what you mean 'faster at lower speeds'

Able to Fire HOJ or TWS without launch Warning ... 29 has HOJ too. TWS granted ... but again as in RL

Receives a launch warning when fired apon in HOJ mode ... is this true for 29s with 77?

Can fire at up to 6 targets at once in TWS ... as in RL.

But it also has a number of important features missing ... radar modes, MFD with nav, AWACS feeds etc.

The aim of a sim (IMHO) is to simulate RL as close as possible from my arm chair, it doesn't have to be fair. Everyone plays LO for different reasons ...

27 has more but does not fly as fast down low

"As in RL" Is not an argument. I dont expect LO to attempt to simulate anything else.

Only the F15 gets launch Warning in HOJ

TWS is next to useless in russian aircraft it has no real benifit unlike the f15

Recording tracks is an invaluable way to learn. I record all my tracks and try to make the rest of my squad to remember to. Although this can be like beating head against brick wall. Not mentioning any names..Mustang :horseback

Can fire at up to 6 targets at once in TWS

Wrong,thats 4. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F2 view could be OK for me, if server could disable F5 view, and F2 view of enemies.

It's good to have own death cam. At least you know what happened to you.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The mission was fun, thanx 169th!

AWACS adds much and should be considered for many future open HL-missions.

I vote against externals however. Loadout policing is good but can also be done from debriefing screens. The point is that externals destroy the blind zones that have been patched into AWACS/GCI with a huge effort.

Whoever talks about realism in connection with AWACS seriously can´t have his externals on...

The best AWACS to be found is a human player one however. If you have LO-AWACS up on your open server you should see to it that there´s also a LOTATC plugin running. This would also be one more good reason for players to join the corresponding TS.

Thank´s 44th_GrayGhost and _Misfit for the fun I had last week on your server and TS testing AWACS in HL!

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

The mission was fun, thanx 169th!

AWACS adds much and should be considered for many future open HL-missions.

I vote against externals however. Loadout policing is good but can also be done from debriefing screens. The point is that externals destroy the blind zones that have been patched into AWACS/GCI with a huge effort.

Whoever talks about realism in connection with AWACS seriously can´t have his externals on...

I too thought that externals on would ruin the realism at first. But it actually is very difficult to get any real advantage when padlock and F5 are disabled. Especially when there are alot of players in the server. As far as the log giving acurate evidence on illegal loadouts, we already know that isnt the case and can cause much grief in the community. The 169th has tested both settings extensively and it doesnt seem that we are getting kills or getting killed any more or less with externals on WHEN there are AWACS.

Thanks to the 169th_Dedicated server with AWACS I had a lot of fun tonight.

A hostile fighter was chasing me @100ft within 16-32nm range. I could spoof his missiles and bullets were flying all over my cockpit. However I was flying direct towards a friendly fighter who was approaching us. Thanks to AWACS support I could survive and the allied fighter finished my chaser.

BTW, with the Su-33 I scored 4 F-15 kills in 1 hour.

~{148th}~Van ,:icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

hehe nice job, now i know who you are! i had a blast in the A-10 in there tonight, with the assitance of 169th_Dredd and Cyberwaste i managed to annihilate the S-300 at maykop and clear a few Buk's out :)

Hi 169th_Mustang,

Nice score you made with that A-10A there: 270 points (on top of the list just before me) and 13 units killed!

169th_Dedicated Score table: http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/kills4.jpg

~{148th}~Van,

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Got to be better as there would be one up in RL.

Or next time you could include a couple of Tunguska’s in the S-300 setup :icon_wink