Mi-8 mission concept thread

I had a request for a long play mission so here it is. If nothing else you will become proficient at hovering at 2000m and I learnt a lot of control testing this:)

Its an observation mission lasts about 3 hours and you will fly at an average of 30 km/hour:music_whistling:

If you are a hermit I also present my track of this mission;)

MISSION BRIEF:

Good Evening Captain. As you know we are helping our Ukrainian allies Our ISTAR assets have been tracking a convoy of arms and men from across the border. They seem unaware of our tracking them and we gather from radio traffic that they are heading to a secret base somewhere near Sukhumi. Our allies believe they are getting set up to attack during the winter olympics to be held next month. Our predator drone currently observing the column is almost at maximum range and will have to turn back before long. You and your crew must take the Mi-8 and find the enemy base.

Take blue flight as wingman incase one of you runs into problems.

Blue Task:

Locate the convoy. Its currently heading west on the main highway near the town of Gali.

You will be updated by command by text as you have no coms with the drone.

It is suggested you fly at 2000 meters ASL and keep as far back as possible so you dont compromise the mission

Once the convoy goes firm land back at FARP London and we will get tooled up to take it out.

London will be broadcasting for your ARK UD channel 1 in case you have Nav problems

Observation V1b.miz

stealth.trk

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New mission following on from the Observation Mission.

Insert a SF team outside the camp following a Naval and air bombardment.

Provide CAS alongside a pair of apaches

Additional tasking may be required as mission progresses:)

This is beta so any comments welcome. Flight is 55km but the naval bombardment goes on for 25 minutes, recomend you wait till its finished before inserting troops:thumbup:

Uses CTTS script

Deliberate Op'sV1b.miz

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems pretty simple. My thoughts are that you should emplace some sorta AA gun in the forest near the objective. It was really quiet for me. Too bad we can't have WWII naval gunfire. The tomahawks were cool, but not very exciting. I sorta feel like there isn't enough resistance.

Keep up the good work, man.

Edited by riboyster

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Thanks. There are 4 AAA 2 Igla in the vicinity :) Guess you where lucky.

Anyway here is a more hardcore version with commandable ground forces in case your chopper dies. Grab control of the Bradley for the final assault;)

Deliberate Op'sV2a.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about a Mission like Bringing stuff from the valley up on the mountains?

Short Rotations but Hard due to high weight? (you have to do a perfect approach HOGE is not possible

Lets say the Pickup in the Valley is the same, but there are different Unloadpoints, but close, about 10-30 km away from the Pickup, and each unload point must be served 2 - 3 times. Welcome to the commercial world, where time is money :D

Im not wishing anything, just a small input. Im able to set the FARPS and Helipads myself, but i dont get the thing with the Coding of Triggers for on- and offload :/

I will try your missions this week, im pretty busy atm... we have to fly concrete tomorow :)

Cheers Dahui, I was playing about last night doing something different. Flying from Tblisi to Anapa in -30 C. If you dont keep your speed to less than 150 Km/h it vibrates because of the ice I presume.

Will attempt a ferry/ multidrop soon:) Can someone make a Primark livery;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beta testers required

Here is my take on an emergency relief mission. Rescuing evacuees from a disaster. The actual flight is only about 20 km's the weight is increased when you pick up evacuees and there are currently 4 groups of evacuees to pick up. Currently not working are some messages for returning to collect the next group.

Can some people fly this and provide feedback

Thanks Cib:)

UN FlightV1C.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good so far! I adjusted my weather (noticed you had it on dynamic) to allow more deviation. The winds had kicked up substantially by my 3rd landing. Another interesting mission; looking forward to seeing how it progresses :)

Flying from Tblisi to Anapa in -30 C. If you dont keep your speed to less than 150 Km/h it vibrates because of the ice I presume.

Ironically, I was also playing with inclement weather several days ago. Tried flying in perfect icing conditions without anti/deice. Didn't notice any engine icing on huey, control surfaces seemed normal. I did notice my EGT on port engine in Hip fluctuating. The flight profile didn't feel any different though. Does anyone know if icing is implemented yet? Was aiming for engine flameout or pitot icing, but so far no good.

Edited by riboyster
  • Like 1

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Updated versions of the rescue mission.

Changes are:

Standard weather

Cold start

Roof extractions only.

5 groups to extract.

2000Kg cargo gain on each pickup. Resets to normal at drop off.

Flares instead of smoke

Day and night versions.

Uses ARK-UD for finding first group

Please provide feedback

UN Flight night and rooftopsV2.miz

UN Flight rooftopsV2.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated versions of the rescue mission.

[...]

Please provide feedback

Just like with the Huey version, I get a massive FPS drop when the factory explodes.

In the ME, I tuned the explosion "volume" from 10000 to 500 for all units involved, that helped a lot with the FPS drop, but the area around the buildungs didn't look as blown up. Unfortunately, the large building next to the factory went down about a minute after the factory, leaving some hard-a$$ invincible soldiers floating in the air. :D

Screen_131130_031402.thumb.jpg.5277c3d07686b4200d672ca4f2a79845.jpg

I kept flying around the area and then decided to chase some other helicopters, when I finally got a message that the Techies survived and await pickup at the roof of a double H shaped building. Unless I missed a message, that was the first one indicating to actually rescue someone.

Unfortunately, I crashed before I could rescue them, but at least that was definitely my own fault. :doh::)

Just like with the Huey version, I get a massive FPS drop when the factory explodes.

In the ME, I tuned the explosion "volume" from 10000 to 500 for all units involved, that helped a lot with the FPS drop, but the area around the buildungs didn't look as blown up. Unfortunately, the large building next to the factory went down about a minute after the factory, leaving some hard-a$$ invincible soldiers floating in the air. :D

[ATTACH]91139[/ATTACH]

I kept flying around the area and then decided to chase some other helicopters, when I finally got a message that the Techies survived and await pickup at the roof of a double H shaped building. Unless I missed a message, that was the first one indicating to actually rescue someone.

Unfortunately, I crashed before I could rescue them, but at least that was definitely my own fault. :doh::)

Same Here...

Huge FPS Drop...

Where do i have to go, after i pick up the first guys?

Cement transport mission converted for Mi-8

Mission Brief

Our company has been contracted to build a new platform for Russian State Railways. We have a ship berthed in the port of Novorossiysk. Fly there and when they see you they will pop smoke. There are 10 loads of concrete to transport from the docks to Abinsk Railway station. Once the loads are delivered return to Novorossiysk International Airport and shut down for the day. Leave room for a running takeoff till your fuel is less as these stevedores like to give you a full load. It means they have more time to drink tea while you struggle over the hill in your long suffering overloaded and overworked bird!

Abinsk Railway is East of Krymsk Aerodrome. VFR applies

Tasks

Take 10 loads of cement to the railway station after first picking it up off the freighter berthed in the harbour. Land at the smoke on the middle jetty. Avoid flying over built up areas it will be a flying brick with all that cement in back!

Tips for the mission.

Land close to the ship to load cargo.

Use F10 menu then F2 to both load and unload cargo. F3 will tell you if you are loaded.

Text will notify you at pick up and drop off how many loads have been delivered.

Anyone trying this can you please tell me is cargo too heavy? (1200 KG)

Is 10 loads a bit boring?

Does everything work as it should.

Dynamic weather?

Should I put in some SAMS

Things to do.

Add scores so you get some form of payment for your time.

End trigger.

Do people like these cargo delivery stylee missions?

Mi-8MTV Working for the railwaysV1b.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cement transport mission converted for Mi-8

Mission Brief

Our company has been contracted to build a new platform for Russian State Railways. We have a ship berthed in the port of Novorossiysk. Fly there and when they see you they will pop smoke. There are 10 loads of concrete to transport from the docks to Abinsk Railway station. Once the loads are delivered return to Novorossiysk International Airport and shut down for the day. Leave room for a running takeoff till your fuel is less as these stevedores like to give you a full load. It means they have more time to drink tea while you struggle over the hill in your long suffering overloaded and overworked bird!

Abinsk Railway is East of Krymsk Aerodrome. VFR applies

Tasks

Take 10 loads of cement to the railway station after first picking it up off the freighter berthed in the harbour. Land at the smoke on the middle jetty. Avoid flying over built up areas it will be a flying brick with all that cement in back!

Tips for the mission.

Land close to the ship to load cargo.

Use F10 menu then F2 to both load and unload cargo. F3 will tell you if you are loaded.

Text will notify you at pick up and drop off how many loads have been delivered.

Anyone trying this can you please tell me is cargo too heavy? (1200 KG)

Is 10 loads a bit boring?

Does everything work as it should.

Dynamic weather?

Should I put in some SAMS

Things to do.

Add scores so you get some form of payment for your time.

End trigger.

Do people like these cargo delivery stylee missions?

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

i cant wait until evening to try it :thumbup:

Now i hope on a CargoHook Modification :D

morning!

Ive testet it... weight is good. i think it could also be 2-300kgs more? Then it would be the absolute maximum :)

The Rotations are a bit long in my opinion. Its realistic, like the real world. There was a thread i could remember about the real time thing. In the real world, you fly hours and hours a day, but here in sim, the users coming home, after a long stressfull workday and want to do a "quick" Flight.

But i like it, i fly a few rotations and then stop it. Every User is different in this case :)

Am i right, that on the RailStation nothing happens when you are close? i land at the one, where i was thinking could be the right spot and the unload the HIP. I saw the Concrete pieces. Are they alsways visible? or just on the correct spot?

Thanks again Cibit for your work! a truly addition for this bird!

I've tried the "Working for railways" mission. Very nice. The problem is that when I land in the port at the designated spot (the one by the ship where's that yellow smoke) and try to load the cargo by F10 and F2 it says "you don't have any logistics group or equipment nearby". Although when I take off the helicopter is heavier. Any thoughts?

You need to be next to the ship, as close as possible really. I have not had time to do any editing this last week or so but will look to maybe make the rotations shorter and make it more obvious where to unload:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Cibit :). I finally got around to playing one of your missions - the UN flight.

First of all, great idea, I did not expect that twist! It really got me immersed.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it. After my navigator told me to look for survivors I noticed two groups on the rooftops. I landed on each roof and tried to get the group to board with the radio F10 menu. Do I need to load them up in particular order?

Also I did get that big framerate drop other people mentioned. I'll make the explosions smaller before my next attempt, but I need a little help with the loading problem. Thanks! :)