How to re texture tanks?

As above. Thanks

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You 100% sure?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yep, you'd need a template. None are released for ground vehicles though. However, asking never hurt. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Grrrr.... Why ED no template for tanks??m WHY???

Dear ED, please can you release all, if not some, of the ground vehicle templates please.

Fixed it for you.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
re texture tanks

You interested templates only for tanks?

Some (not many) of light armored vehicles interested ?

PSD files.

My first test work with skins BTR-80 Look and download (who likes) can here: digitalcombatsimulator.com

• Like 1

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Would be great if ED get a texture template archive going. If they still got the templates, why not release them? The only reason I can think of not to is that the templates are maybe too disorganized for public release or something.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

• ED Team
Would be great if ED get a texture template archive going. If they still got the templates, why not release them? The only reason I can think of not to is that the templates are maybe too disorganized for public release or something.

There is really no good system for selecting different skins for a lot of the vehicles in the sim, as well there are a lot of older models getting re-done and such, I think there is a host of reasons they dont want to or cant release them.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sorry for my bad English. Will try to explain.

A lot of models of armored vehicles made ​​third-party developers. And the template files do not have ED.

There have a small pack light armored vehicles.

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Where exactly do the texture files currently reside?

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

the purpose of this request was to create different textures for different countries for training in visual PID (positive ID) of vehicles.

Think of it as practice for avoiding blue on blue situations.

Right now I'm itching for Nevada as I think Iraq, and some Afghanistan missions could be replicated. (What are you?) !

Where exactly do the texture files currently reside?

I have been looking for them ( and for some of the ships,) without much luck.

Vehicle textures reside in the Y?_FInal_texture.zip's. The Bazar/texture files only reference the files in the _FInal_.zips. Extract the file you want, modify it, and place it in bazar/temptexture directory. As the temptexture directory implies, remove the texture and it reverts back to the default.

.dds files are lossy but good for general camo. If you want high detail unit markings then save as .bmp's

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

Mostly they reside there, but there are some in other places too. I spent the best part of a month making the DCS Desert terrain and changing the textures for all of the vehicles included in DCS for a desert scenario and a template would have made my life much easier.

ED are moving down the right path, and some units do indeed have a liveries slot like the aircraft do, and even slots for different seasons, but only a few so far...

some sand colored tanks for Nevada map will be needed.

Good job I already made some then ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Highwayman-Ed

Question about textures ASLAV-25 for LAV-25 in CA.

Have you seen real ASLAV-25 ?

I Looked many photos ASLAV-25 and there are different shades of color .....

I have 3 versions camo .... (spoiler 1,2,3.) What is most similar ? :)

Also what people think? Version 1 and 3 are almost identical.

4e230f330e60.jpg

3d2a4b195253.jpg

403d908106fe.jpg

bb9b7cc6ab5b.jpg

24fc8b9048f2.jpg

65a174bd571b.jpg

I really like them. Can't you make a template for us?

you can take the current textures and "color to alpha" certain colors to make your own rivet and panel line layers from the current texture....after about 3 days you will have your own .psd layers, there by creating your own templates...

....as we say in the construction industry...."You just got to want to do it."....

• Like 1

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.