Endless waiting times

FatTrooper

Hi!

Does anyone else suffer from endless waiting times?

I don't have the newest hardware but it works ok, even for DCS. I have 14-30 fps with detail high, textures mid etc. Midsim, while flying my loved huey, I do have the occasional lag because of my 4GB of RAM. And the actual loading times could be faster, but that's all totally OK.

BUT:

Between flying and loading I have endless waiting times where I just see a black screen and the Windows 7 Mouse waiting cursor! It always appears but the duration varies from a few seconds up to 15 minutes. During these times there is no CPU load by DCS, no harddrive reading or writing, it just waits. It never crashes, it always proceeds but just starting DCS takes 5 seconds up to 5 minutes!

The longest waiting time occurs after I hit the "end mission" button. There it's 10 Minutes or more "spa and relaxing time" for my computer.

That's driving me crazy!!!

I LOVE FLYING THIS SIM! But hate the inconsistence. "Will I be able to fly in the next 20 minutes or not..."

PLEASE HELP!!!:helpsmilie:

Thanks for your fast replies!

It's not loading during these waiting times. I don't think it's a hardware problem.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 overclocked to 3,8 GHz

Radeon HD5890

Windows 7 64Bit

One SSD for System and one SSD for DCS

4 GB of DDR2-RAM

Old System but as long as the sim is loading or as I'm flying it's working fine. I just don't understand the standby-times in between.

Check the minimum requirements. There are 6GBs of RAM mentioned there... I have 4GBs too and I'm suffering by that endless loading also - loading a mission takes +/- 3min. But I already wrote a letter to Santa to bring me some new RAM modules :thumbup:

Edited by Suchacz

I have the same waiting times with 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM from time to time since 1.2.6. Seems like DCS is somewhat poorly optimized to be honest. And before someone brings it up - yes, I use a SSD (Corsair Force 3).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Also have 8Gb RAM (DDR3 1600) and no SSD ---> loading time < 1 minute.

My CPU is I5 @3.2, no programs running in background (except TIR5 and radio menu clickable) aero desabled and AVG desabled for DCS.

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am one to leave my PC running 24/7. But always restart the PC before starting DCS. This removes all files held in cache folders. A few updates ago you would have to drop DCS to the task bar and reload it get it up to speed,

This lack of FPS (Optimization) error would be removed and frame rates would exceed those normally given by the specific PC.

It is as if Windows is attempting to maintain control of the PC not allowing DCS programs full access to the Ram, GPU and Cache files.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.