Servers crashed.

SVK_Daniel

Whats that means server ping time out?!Please do something with this instability and crashes of servers.I try every day a few the best servers here as 51th,WAR,RAF,104th etc.and every one server crash after some time.This leads me into despair,specially in the midle of the flight or mission.Its unplayable multyplayer every day.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH THIS!!!!!!!!

Easy there, this is a transitional situation. Be back when its better. I spent a year away to try this again, prolly will continue waiting for better times.

Chill out and have fun with something else in the mean time.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Easy there, this is a transitional situation. Be back when its better. I spent a year away to try this again, prolly will continue waiting for better times.

Chill out and have fun with something else in the mean time.

Pilotaso are you joking with me :lol:

I paid for DCS FC3 so I want to have product what I paid,becouse i dont want to fly anything else.Old Lock on, FC2 and DCS FC3 are the best fighters simulator for me.I `m member of SVK virtual Squadron years and whole comunity is waiting long long time to have product FC3 without bugs and anything else and still every update fix some bugs and bring anothers.This is never ending story.Less and less people flying.I remember FC2 time there were full servers,we have been invited for lots of events,fights squadron against squadron and now I cant imagine that.Bug after bug,crashed servers.

And anyway.What are you flying in mean time?:D

You paid in advance in exchange to beta access. You can only start counting from launch date.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

With all do respect, DCS-World is for long time not beta-version (well, at least it is said to be so). And for running server you do not need anything else except for DCS-World. So if server is crashing, it is not because of FC3-beta...

Edited by Rhinox

Unfortunately there is more to launching a server and then just expecting it to work... Should it be that way- I'd think not... but there are a few other things at play.

In particular are the missions and the need to constantly update them as the different versions of DCS are released. Each mission needs to be opened on the server computer in the mission editor of each patch and saved again. I think most will agree that the smaller update patches can be saved again under their current name, but larger updates (1.26 to 1.27 for example) should be saved under new version names.

This of course means that each time a "load mission" trigger is activated, that file needs to be changed. Or, each time you save a new version, you need to delete the old version and save it yet again under that older version name. Or I suppose save it in a different location under the same name, then copy and paste it over to the original file location in whatever directory.

Anyway- basically- you need a clean mission.

And though we CAN patch from 126 to 127... you really shouldn't and while some people have a smooth experience many do not and a crash is a crash. So clean installs all around are recommended.

A simple, clean install of 127 on a server running NOTHING but DCS and maybe an autoexec that tells it to run with 3D rendering turned off is the way to go. And if you're hosting a server and playing on the same computer... it's tough to nail down which part of the program caused the crash.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

With all do respect, DCS-World is for long time not beta-version (well, at least it is said to be so). And for running server you do not need anything else except for DCS-World. So if server is crashing, it is not because of FC3-beta...

Actually it is !

Server without FC3 , only DCS planes: A10C, KA50,SU25 can run for 3-5 hours without issues.

Server with FC3 fighters, highly populated with many missiles and explosions in the air = 30minutes... :(

Last stabile version was 1.2.4. Since that time it is crash after crash for FC3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

Even server with flyable FC3-planes is still "only" server running DCS-World. There is no FC3 beta module on server side. And if DCS-World server crashes because of clients running FC3-beta, than it is apparently problem with server too. It should filter any invalid data from clients out, eventually disconnect them if necessary as its own protection...

Alexej, that is not how it works. The more players you have the faster it's going to crash. Missions have to be built very carefully to avoid crashes (this is especially true for CA). But you never get to know all stupid combination of triggers and stuff so sooner or later it'll crash anyway.

Besides, 50 bucks tops isn't too much spent on such insane amount of work. Not to mention most of us bought modules through sales that are present every few months. Hopefully it'll get much better with EDGE, it's coming this year supposedly. Until then, only patience remains.

• Like 1

Actually it is !

Server without FC3 , only DCS planes: A10C, KA50,SU25 can run for 3-5 hours without issues.

Server with FC3 fighters, highly populated with many missiles and explosions in the air = 30minutes... :(

Last stabile version was 1.2.4. Since that time it is crash after crash for FC3

We experience the same exactly thing!

In some sessions with 18-22 pilots and FC3 the server crashes every time at around 40 to 45 minutes.

This is happening if there are human vs human battles ,not only AI .

If the mission has only the other modules except FC3 we can fly for 3+ hours without problems. I sent a track a while ago reporting this problem.

Maybe the clients send more data when they fight in fighter vs fighter missions and cause the crash ?

At the other hand I remember that the 51st server was up for many hours in the testing period and their missions are Team vs Team with FC3 .

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

We experience the same exactly thing!

In some sessions with 18-22 pilots and FC3 the server crashes every time at around 40 to 45 minutes.

This is happening if there are human vs human battles ,not only AI .

If the mission has only the other modules except FC3 we can fly for 3+ hours without problems. I sent a track a while ago reporting this problem.

Maybe the clients send more data when they fight in fighter vs fighter missions and cause the crash ?

At the other hand I remember that the 51st server was up for many hours in the testing period and their missions are Team vs Team with FC3 .

But you sure as hell don't have as many players on any server that excludes FC3, am I correct? Never seen any of that kind with more than 15.

But you sure as hell don't have as many players on any server that excludes FC3' date=' am I correct? Never seen any of that kind with more than 15.[/quote']

I went through the crash logs on the VA server the other day for something else. Now as is well known we do not allow any weapons on the VA server so I cant comment on that, however I can say that it is crashing less with 1.2.7 then it was with 1.2.6

We are getting about 1-2 a day at the moment vs 5-8 a day on 1.2.6

On top of that from Friday to Sunday we moved over 120gb of upload data, we had at LEAST 20 people on it for those 3 days at all times and on 4 separate occasions we maxed out at 48 people, to the point I had people poking me that they were waiting to get in...

Things are getting better, slowly.

Pman

But you sure as hell don't have as many players on any server that excludes FC3' date=' am I correct? Never seen any of that kind with more than 15.[/quote']

Yes you are right we had only 1-2 missions without FC3 and so many pilots.

At the other hand as pman said I think it has something to do with weapons and especially missiles and clients.

I say this cause we have some dogfight and BVR matches (only FC3) with around 6-8 pilots and the server crashes again at around 40 to 50 minutes.

We also uploaded a track from this crash.

But 51st server has all of the above and it's more stable. Maybe it has something to do with the servers specs?

Yes you are right we had only 1-2 missions without FC3 and so many pilots.

At the other hand as pman said I think it has something to do with weapons and especially missiles and clients.

I say this cause we have some dogfight and BVR matches (only FC3) with around 6-8 pilots and the server crashes again at around 40 to 50 minutes.

We also uploaded a track from this crash.

But 51st server has all of the above and it's more stable. Maybe it has something to do with the servers specs?

nah not really about server specs,

The VA server never uses even close to all its power but it still crashes

There are still a few underlying bugs with DCS but they are being fixed gradually

Pete

It's about having a mission designer that thoroughly understands how things work (especially the bugs that are most likely not very obvious to someone who's not involved with this).

then i like to have one of this mission, which can run 5-6 hours without a crash....to see what he does and we don`t?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

It's about having a mission designer that thoroughly understands how things work (especially the bugs that are most likely not very obvious to someone who's not involved with this).

I'd love to hear why you think the VA server crashes then when it had no triggers on it and no AI

Its not always to do with that, granted SOME crashes can be caused by that but most of those have been fixed. There are still a few remaining issues.

Pman

The crash is not linked to trigger.

We play SATAC like training mission - ZERO TRIGGERS, ZERO GROUND UNIT, NOTHING - only 10 clients slot for FC3 fighter on each side and 1 waypoint for each aircraft.

ABSOLUTELY CLEAN MISSION.

Only intensive A2A action.

=== crash every 30 minutes.

Must be connected to FC3: missiles, firing, radar, ejection etc...

CAS Mission Ka50,A10C, Su25T

Many many ground units, a lot of triggers....

3-5 hours stable play....

THE PROBLEM IS FC3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

then i like to have one of this mission, which can run 5-6 hours without a crash....to see what he does and we don`t?

51st can run 3-5 hours with 20+ online and still has a bunch of AI.

I'd love to hear why you think the VA server crashes then when it had no triggers on it and no AI

Its not always to do with that, granted SOME crashes can be caused by that but most of those have been fixed. There are still a few remaining issues.

I didn't say it always has to do with AI or triggers.

The crash is not linked to trigger.

We play SATAC like training mission - ZERO TRIGGERS, ZERO GROUND UNIT, NOTHING - only 10 clients slot for FC3 fighter on each side and 1 waypoint for each aircraft.

ABSOLUTELY CLEAN MISSION.

Only intensive A2A action.

=== crash every 30 minutes.

Must be connected to FC3: missiles, firing, radar, ejection etc...

CAS Mission Ka50,A10C, Su25T

Many many ground units, a lot of triggers....

3-5 hours stable play....

THE PROBLEM IS FC3.

If it is FC3 related then its not all to do with weapons as our server crashes as well and its impossible to use weapons on the VA server

Pman

51st can run 3-5 hours with 20+ online and still has a bunch of AI.

I didn't say it always has to do with AI or triggers.

Actually its pretty much exactly what you said

That its down to the mission designer when that is not the case. There are few if any bugs that cause insta crash involving triggers or AI in DCS atm.

Simply because you can run a server with zero ai, zero triggers and it will still crash, I have my own theories which I have communicated directly the powers that be.

Pman

You misunderstood me, what I meant with that is that you can create a mission that can survive 3-5 hours if it's carefully designed, even with a rather high amount of players (uptime will also vary on what the players do I guess, but you rarely ever see the 51st crash within the first 2 hours, unless it's a script). Obviously there's a point where it's not the mission's fault anymore. But in the meantime you can compare a mission made by a guy who's aware a lot of things that happen and another one that was made by someone who doesn't have a clue about those. You'll see what I mean.

The crash is reproducable in a very simple mission (no AI or weapons) with just a host and 2 clients both airstart and nothing else - just keep crashing into the ground and respawning over and over and eventually the host will crash (clients get a ping timeout) i'd like to see if anyone else could reproduce this.

Edited by Mustang

The crash is reproducable in a very simple mission (no AI or weapons) with just a host and 2 clients both airstart and nothing else - just keep crashing into the ground and respawning over and over and eventually the host will crash (clients get a ping timeout) i'd like to see if anyone else could reproduce this.

This could be the reason a particular training mission we have crashes all the time. I uploaded the tracks a while ago.

In this mission the aircrafts respawn in the air (no take off) and they fight in air to air scenarios.

Eventually the clients will eject/crash/respawn many times and we use to crash at around 40 minutes.