DCS wiki site (WIP)

Dethmagnetic

Oh that DCS wiki, I kept going to the ED one. Is there anything from stopping us from using the ED one? If needed I could probably add stuff for a mission building reference section. Not sure how many people actually use the wiki anyways, but typically one would be more helpful for general info sort of stuff rather than sticky threads.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yeah, feel free to restructure eagle wiki, whatever. If you think something is missed or doesn't have enough value - increase it by introducing new types of sections (including putting existing ones as a part of the new ones). Everything can be changed there at any time. So no great harm can be made actually.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

i put much of the ka50 stuff into the ed wiki and it was fairly easy... perhaps I can offer help if anyone is interested in doing the a10 wiki.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

We would certainly encourage greater use of the official Wiki. Properly organized, it's probably the best way to present information to those looking for it.

It´s indeed too bad that the DCS Wiki has gone, but at the End there are 2 of them and this is one too much. The DCS Wki Stuff had to be added to the officiak eagle wiki right from the beginning, not on a seperated one.

I dont know what about the DCS wiki, why she was removed or who did that. But we should make it a well structured DCS Database same as the BIKI from Bohemia Interactive which is quite alot filled up with Stuff from the ArmA Community. That would make things easier.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

The availability and the quality of material is the crux for learning such complex sim as DCS. Right after each sim release subject of learning is risen again and again. There is a plenty of threads dedicated exclusively to learning. Organisation of all materials for quick and convenient access is an important topic.

The availability and the quality of material is the crux for learning such complex sim as DCS. Right after each sim release subject of learning is risen again and again. There is a plenty of threads dedicated exclusively to learning. Organisation of all materials for quick and convenient access is an important topic.

You´re right Tez, but the current eagly wiki needs to be reorganized as she is quite a mess at the current moment. May be I could tale a hand on it and simply start to organize some things. Who wants to join me?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

OK, I´ve been workin a bit on the ED Wiki to make the overlook more comfortable. Please take a look and leaf a comment about whether you like it and what we can do more to becoame it a well structures and well organized wiki again...remember its a community product...so we all need to put hands on it

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Is it the same login as fort the forum or would I have to create yet another account?

Yes, you need to create a new account since this is a simple wiki software and has nothings in common with the Forums software. It´s actually selfexplenetory, but if you´ve not really a clue about what you´ll do there...be carefull you can easily delete stuff and then it´s lost!

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Wiki title page looks better! Squadron roster took too much space indeed.

I see no reasons to ask for feedback after each change. I will find you and I will ... ask you if you do something I personally don't like. I ruin only bots' work without a notice.

Another topic is FAQs. How to urge people to store data on wiki instead of forum. While forum FAQs are attractive to writers there is no sense to copy them to wiki.

Edited by Tez
  • Like 1

Wiki title page looks better! Squadron roster took too much space indeed.

I see no reasons to ask for feedback after each change. I will find you and I will ... ask you if you do something I personally don't like. I ruin only bots' work without a notice.

Another topic is FAQs. How to urge people to store data on wiki instead of forum. While forum FAQs are attractive to writers there is no sense to copy them to wiki.

Agree with you. Changing the main page and the whole wiki should be a flowting process. I also would recommend to close this thread now, since the DCS wiki is no more and we need to focus on the ED wiki...which needs an own thread, for the people who work at the wiki to communicate which each other. So I recommen to use this one (sticky and formally creatd by EvilBivol

I´d rather go a step forward and say that it would be a good thing to create a group for people who care about the wiki. To have a space for discussions about this without openinh hundrets of senseless threads.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

It´s indeed too bad that the DCS Wiki has gone, but at the End there are 2 of them and this is one too much. The DCS Wki Stuff had to be added to the officiak eagle wiki right from the beginning, not on a seperated one.

agree, only one resource is needed. but between the two i wouldn't miss Eagle wiki one bit, it is the useful one that is gone. at the moment Eagle is just a collection of links, while the fallen Wiki contained well written articles for almost every instrument and system. the

i understand it was not up to ED to keep it.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I´d really like to know if the DCS wiki website has just been ran out of contract or was removed by law.

If there´s a possibility to get the dcs content back for putting in eagle wiki...that would be great.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

One aspect of the Eagle Wiki I would like to see cleaned up is the massive collection of training material for A-10C, which is currently split up into two completely separate section- a single Tutorial Collection page and the Training Supplements collection of pages. Both of these sections contain material that is likely to be unique in some cases and redundant in other cases. It would be great if all of the A-10C community training material was presented in a single organized environment.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

One aspect of the Eagle Wiki I would like to see cleaned up is the massive collection of training material for A-10C, which is currently split up into two completely separate section- a single Tutorial Collection page and the Training Supplements collection of pages. Both of these sections contain material that is likely to be unique in some cases and redundant in other cases. It would be great if all of the A-10C community training material was presented in a single organized environment.

hello EvilBivol, I am right about to figure specific things for the wiki Software to reorganize the whole wiki in preperation for things to come...incl. things you just mentioned...But at the very first step on my schedule is the main page which is still a mess... So I´ll contacting you once I am done with the basic structuring, ok?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

In short, I had spent months working on my site, and I didn't want that effort to be wasted or deleted because someone at ED decided they didn't agree with the content I was writing or how I had it organized. I had a specific idea for what I was trying to create, and therefore I decided to continue on with my site rather than trying to graft my content onto someone else's wiki that is organized and maintained completely differently.

Could you manage to revive your dcswiki? I'd like to see it's content either on its own or being integrated in the ED wiki. But the content was awsome. Please bring it back.