controll assistance in DCS : P-51D

PeterP

Posting of Yo-Yo:

Реализм и помощники

I abstained to add a translation.

, this to prevent the obligatory five reply that only talking about the quality of a on-line translator, - so :

Translate it yourself!

My interpretation is that there will be three switch-able assistance systems:

-engine assistance

-rudder assistance

-Take-off assistance

and it's also planed that a virtual instructor shows you the best engine set-up for various flight profiles.

Please add a better interpretation if you have a better understanding of the original post.

EDIT:

Two assistants were planned (both with not 100% authority):

- auto rudder, for those who have poor device or do not have an analog axis for the rudder.

It helps to center the ball, helps to enter a turn but of course at least keys or buttons must be used to enter a spin or to recover.

- Takeoff assistant, helping not to get off from the runway. The rudder pedals can be used to add user's control. The assistant's main role is similar to an experienced pilot's role - it shows proper rudder input during takeoff and 2-points landing. As you gain skill the assistant's input can be gradually reduced up to zero.

Edited by PeterP

I started and flew the T-Toad exclusively my entire Flight Sim career (fixed wing). I have a pretty good 'feel' for aircraft - could make the Toad do cartwheels and inverted negative G loop..............and all that Majik did absolutely nothing for me when the Mustang spent a day killing me over and over and over again :megalol:

To prevent 'flightstick-through-monitor' rage-quitting incidents, the Devs have included assists. Wisely so IMHO :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
Posting of Yo-Yo:

Реализм и помощники

I abstained to add a translation.

, this to prevent the obligatory five reply that only talking about the quality of a on-line translator, - so :

Translate it yourself!

My interpretation is that there will be three switch-able assistance systems:

-engine assistance

-rudder assistance

-Take-off assistance

and it's also planed that a virtual instructor shows you the best engine set-up for various flight profiles.

Please add a better interpretation if you have a better understanding of the original post.

Two assistants were planned (both with not 100% authority):

- auto rudder, for those who have poor device or do not have an analog axis for the rudder.

It helps to center the ball, helps to enter a turn but of course at least keys or buttons must be used to enter a spin or to recover.

- Takeoff assistant, helping not to get off from the runway. The rudder pedals can be used to add user's control. The assistant's main role is similar to an experienced pilot's role - it shows proper rudder input during takeoff and 2-points landing. As you gain skill the assistant's input can be gradually reduced up to zero.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Good habits needs to be build from a start IMHO.

It's not a matter of habit per se. It's more a matter of how you wish to fly the SIM. Absolutely imperative that the product cater insofar as possible for the lowest denominator - as such all possible assists are not only helpful, but mandatory, especially considering the advantage some types of peripheral equipment afford one user and not another.

At the end of the day said advantages or disadvantages relating to peripherals, as the case may be, will seriously affect user's enjoyment if said assists are absent.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
We'll talk again once it's released ;)

We will be waiting the video of your first 2-point takeoff... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I think it can be said with certainty that the Mustang is EDs most challenging, hardest to fly module ever. Far from impossible and very rewarding once you got it down (i certainly haven't :D), but if you think the BS is hard to fly, boy are you in for a surprise.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team
We will be waiting the video of your first 2-point takeoff... :)

I will make him record his first flight !! :smilewink::smilewink:

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You're on :D

I'm going to do cuba8s over field followed by closed to a final. Easy peazy.

Hopefully, beta will be released in a month. Otherwise I'll have to wait for my return from vacation in Afgan....

Edited by SimFreak

I think also that this assistance will help even the "experienced" among us...;).

It will be essential to have easy access to the trim-wheels for various flight profiles.

When you don't have the additional axes left for mapping this trim-functions you will inevitable end up using the assistance sooner or later.

That's what I have in mind to do - so I (hopefully) won't need any of the assistance:

Trim Wheels - turn/deflection ratio ?

:D and everyone that will use the trim-hat at their stick for this is a Cheater!

Edited by PeterP

I expect to do doughnuts on the runway my first time out. I am a realist.:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I expect to do doughnuts on the runway my first time out. I am a realist.:P

:megalol:

That's easy! All you need to do is forget about the tail-wheel......Goodness knows I've done that often enough: You sweat your way through a perfect Wheeler on landing and are so happy that......well, it usually never ends well after that momentary peak in euphoria :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it can be said with certainty that the Mustang is EDs most challenging, hardest to fly module ever. Far from impossible and very rewarding once you got it down (i certainly haven't :D), but if you think the BS is hard to fly, boy are you in for a surprise.

I love flying BS just because of the flight model. Mustang ought to be awesome then!

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

well, it usually never ends well after that momentary peak in euphoria :P

Positive feedback is a bitch. :)

Mechanical, not psychological, btw. :P

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!