Complete transport script

geloxo

yup - loading and unloading works...

I also note the callspawn logistics appears borked too.

Any scuttlebutt on script fix?

Hmmmm the logistics thing was fixed.

It's probably not necessary- but if you reset the init (then SAVE the game with a new name) then reload the init script and save again...

I've opened that miz file and had no issue with it...

Might try a repair...

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

ok - to confirm my understanding - reset init - the CTTS.lua will dissappear - SAVE new name, Close ME, reopen ME/Mission and load CTTS.lua in init, save again.

I'll try that. Are you saying this will only fix the Callspawnlogistics or CallSpawn red as well?

Last night i tried to use the CTTS.lua FM beacon set up and couldnt get it to work either?

Maybe I am setting it up wrong... I notice with MIST that i set it up by a DO SCRIPT FILE trigger at T>10s. With CTTS.lua, i notice the missions are using the init file method when i reference missions such as airmobile.... I dont see either DO SCRIPT or DO SCRIPT FILE for any CTTS missions.... Is there a difference?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I do ctts init and mist is a "mission start" but any command I use for either of them (ie: mist related or ctts related scripts / instructions)I wait 10-12 seconds.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner- for some reasons I didn't register a new response.

"ENO"

• 2 weeks later...

I am not clear on how to use "countextracted" - as per the OP:

5. You can check the amount of extracted units inside a particular trigger using the following standalone function:

Code:

CountExtracted("triggerName", flagBlue, flagRed)

Where:

- "triggerName" = name of trigger to supervise

- flagBlue = userflag to count the number of blue units inside trigger

- flagRed = userflag to count the number of red units inside trigger

Does this mean i can use this to report on the status of dropped troops in zones? How do i push out the report as print in the top right? I recall missions saying "8units awaiting extraction LZ 1" etc...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 weeks later...

Im quite the scripting noob. When I load script file after 5 seconds. I still do not get the "load troop function" in the F10 menu. Ive copied everything excatly as it is on other missions with this script. Why wont it work!! Im about to punch a hole in my monitor!!!

Im quite the scripting noob. When I load script file after 5 seconds. I still do not get the "load troop function" in the F10 menu. Ive copied everything excatly as it is on other missions with this script. Why wont it work!! Im about to punch a hole in my monitor!!!

Load the Transport Tutorial mission on first post, have a look of how exactly it must be loaded in mission editor.

Also worth noting that the script is broken, if you get in the Huey and start it, it will give an error as soon as the call-spawn function run. Just start it without being a pilot or commander if you want to see how it is supposed to work.

Good luck

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Getting sling loads to work!

Hi, just tweaked the CTTS to give working sling loads for the Huey...

First change logisticItemModel = "Cargo1"

Then add the new properties... somewhere around line 565

local static = {
       ["type"] = objtype,
       ["unitId"] = logcargoCounter,
       ["y"] = yCenter + yofs,
       ["x"] = xCenter + xofs,
       [b]["mass"] = 150,[/b]
       ["name"] = name,                        
       [b]["category"] = "Cargos",
["canCargo"] = true,[/b]
       ["heading"] = angle,
   }

Now you get the neat cargo net boxes and comms menu for cargo.

By the way, to fix spawn errors raise the counters so they do not crash with normal IDs during mission. Should fix it.

groupCounter = 10000

unitCounter = 10000

logcargoCounter = 10000

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Shagrat, do you have a working version of this script for 1.2.8? If so, will you please upload.

I had a curious problem with the CTTS script, ran the demo, all fine except the callspawn of course. I then ran the script in my mission and guess what.....got the message that troops were dropped....no troops visible. I have used this script in numerous missions without a prob wrt spawning of troops when offloaded. I'm at a loss here!

Midnite Signature.jpg

I just added this script to my already made mission, everything is working but, i'm having the same issue with troops not visibly spawning, even though the message says they did. Is there any fix for this, could someone please reply soon with any ideas. thanks

Shagrat, do you have a working version of this script for 1.2.8? If so, will you please upload.

I had a curious problem with the CTTS script, ran the demo, all fine except the callspawn of course. I then ran the script in my mission and guess what.....got the message that troops were dropped....no troops visible. I have used this script in numerous missions without a prob wrt spawning of troops when offloaded. I'm at a loss here!

Hi,

here I have the current CTTS I use and the MIST version 3.3 with the integrated temporary fix mentioned in the MIST thread... load troops/unload troops works for me, just tested...

also I added the new cargo that you need for sling loads, so if you use "spawn cargo" with CTTS it can be sling loaded!

Only issue with 1.2.8 I have currently is AI route finding for vehicles is broken with 1.2.8 so most Huey mission s are broken if "Patrols" or "Convoys" are passing over/under bridges!:cry:

CTTS_shagratCARGO.lua

Mistv3_3_TEMPFIX.lua

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi,

here I have the current CTTS I use and the MIST version 3.3 with the integrated temporary fix mentioned in the MIST thread... load troops/unload troops works for me, just tested...

also I added the new cargo that you need for sling loads, so if you use "spawn cargo" with CTTS it can be sling loaded!

Only issue with 1.2.8 I have currently is AI route finding for vehicles is broken with 1.2.8 so most Huey mission s are broken if "Patrols" or "Convoys" are passing over/under bridges!:cry:

[ATTACH]98137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98138[/ATTACH]

COULD YOU SEND AN EXAMPLE MISSION FILE AS WELL?

still no go....from what a friend has told me, i have to begin creating a new mission with this script layed out completely first....then i can begin adding the objects and units needed for my mission. This is supposedly the only way it will work. Basically this script will not function when added to an already populated mission, which seems to be pointless and aggravating.

Yup, no go. Interesting observation about the new mission creation Firedawg, will try that. I must say that I am getting a bit demoralized with all these SNAGS in the script, a lot of work went into my missions and now it's in vain.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Midnite Signature.jpg

I think Mist is the issue, it has to be added early in the creation of the mission. So this script works great as long as Mist is added at the proper time. Which kinda sux since im sure many would like to implement this into previously made missions

I don't think so. The mission I used both scripts in is an old A-10C mission. First I added the Hueys, then I added the Medevac script and MIST, then came CTTS and finally FireSuppression script.

What is crucial though is to load the scripts in a logical order and use time triggers to give them time to load! First on mission start load MIST, then a once trigger - time since start more than 6 sec.- load CTTS... every additional script add 4 sec or more to time.

Always load MIST before any scripts that require MIST. Before using any trigger that uses the script functions, like spawn troops etc can be used, all scripts need to be loaded.

Only drawback is some stutter at mission start 4 -5 sec while all the scripts load in parallel to huge numbers of units in larger missions.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

That stutter can be a pain... wonder if there's a template with 1 of every type of vehicle that you could load into some abandoned part of the map. It's my understanding that it's the unloaded models that cause the stutter when different units spawn in.

On topic... I was under the impression CTTS needs to be the initial / initiated script- then mist at mission start and all CTTS functions set on a time more than 6-10 (take your pick, I guess it depends on the number of things loading)...

I'm sure either way we're close- but that's what I thought it said we needed to do.

"ENO"

No. It should be MIST first , because it initiates the objects/functions used by other script like Medevac or CTTS! CTTS uses a mist function to spawn objects etc. so it can only call that function if MIST is loaded into the memory! As MIST is a big script registering a lot of functions this takes some seconds. Unfortunately that is when the mission initialization takes place and already loads vehicle object models, textures etc into the RAM. Add graphics initializing frame buffers, loading tables of map objects, and-what-not so whenever you hit unpause there are a lot of things going on in the background. It may help to consolidate the scripts into one script and load it before any other triggers, but a simple copy / paste may mess up big time, because of variable names and so on...

If you don't have an air start this shouldn't be to muchof a problem, though. After the first few seconds this settles.

Shagrat

Oops, correct! the medevac script and fire suppression script uses MIST functions I guess. Still I don't understand what is causing trouble here. Apart from broken route finder AI everything is working. Even with all four scripts running and a shitload of vehicles on the map... when you delay triggers that use ANY function from a script loaded on mission start at least for 10-12 seconds does it work?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Just checking- some of you already know about it... but some of you may have downloaded new versions while problem solving.

If there are already units in mission up past unit number 100, those other units won't exist since they'll take a unit name of something already generated.

Possible that some folks didn't do the 10000 edit? (I think his units start at 100 in the unmodified version)

"ENO"

Complete transport script

Dont load MiST directly at mission start. I always (per Grimes or Speeds recommendation) set it at loading at 4 seconds into the mission and the other scripts 4 secs after that. I have a pretty high-end system and few units in my mission so you might try increasing those delays. Mist catalogues all units present in the mission when it starts so it might be syncing issues you are having...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Just checking- some of you already know about it... but some of you may have downloaded new versions while problem solving.

If there are already units in mission up past unit number 100, those other units won't exist since they'll take a unit name of something already generated.

Possible that some folks didn't do the 10000 edit? (I think his units start at 100 in the unmodified version)

I DID THE 10000 EDIT AND STILL GETTING THE ISSUE OF HAVING NO TROOPS VISIBLE.