[RESOLVED INTERNAL] 3D model positional (or physics) bug

59th_Reaper

Can you go into deatail please...

Hi!

Already on the ground the plane has a few degrees angle of attack (also shows that the instrument in the cockpit)...

That means nothing.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Does the mig still fly level with negative angle of attack?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135653

Maybe LD tried to fix it and this is an unexpected consequence, just guesing.

Edit: checked and no, the MIG is still flying with negative AOA.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Can you go into deatail please...

That means nothing.

It means something, because there is no aircraft on the world, what has angle of attack, when standing on the ground...

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems that it is not just a graphical bug, but the suspension is a bit off as well. When accellerating the aircraft is _very_ light on the nose wheel.

Aaand I think, I found the cause for this:

from ...\mods\...\entry.lua:

--dofile(current_mod_path.."/Entry/Hs")
dofile(current_mod_path.."/Entry/01_Suspension.lua")
dofile(current_mod_path.."/Entry/03_Views.lua")

The referenced file 01_Suspension.lua does not exist while the file "Hs" does.

I assume, "Hs" is the compiled version of "01_suspension.lua" and the code snipped above in entry.lua is just some testing/debugging leftovers and should infact have the dofile for "Hs" enabled and the dofile() for 01_Suspension.lua disabled/deleted.

(did I already mention that I am not a big fan of precompiled LUA code? ;o)

Apart from most of them, especially ALL tail draggers!

So a sweeping statement that just means nothing whatsoever!

I thought that someone says the planes with tail gears, or helicopters or any tail draggers in windstorm. OMG, this is the topic of MiG-21bis and yes, the MiG-21 hasn't any angle of attack, when standing on the ground...

All other unnecessary speech. If you can't constructive to say, then why bother writing anything?

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I confirm. Plane on the ground has rear wheels inside ground. No wheel animation and no braking efficiency. (not sure if braking is related)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

It´s is resolved in the internal Leatherneck Build.

When this feature would see the Public DCS version is TBD.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4