CVN Eye Candy

thank you crazyeddie!

I have just noticed that the 'tech' folder do not exist in my 'mods' folder, do I need to create one?

is the tech folder installed as part of default dcs world?

Archer, I think it should be in there but that depends on when you installed DCS and when you last ran an update or a repair.

Either way it does not matter, just create it yourself and drop the mods in.

The path is: DCS World/Mods/tech - and drop the mod in. You need the main mod first then the update if you want to tart it up even more.

• 8 months later...

OK Crazyeddie Im sorry to bother you dude but there a problem with this folder structure..I downloaded your main file "CrazyEddie and Kobra's Carrier Eye Candy", when I extracted it to my desktop there's no folder that says Shapes in the main folder. I had to create one and then place the emd files in it. I only found this out cause I looked at another mod carrier..Just wanted to let ya know...Thanks for the hard work.

:thumbup:Thanks a bunch Taylor, and of coerce CrazyEddie.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Thank you guys!

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

How to Install?

Hello,

I downloaded

Folder "CrazyEddie and Kobras Carrier Eye Candy Main Files"

4 Folders "CVN 71 USS Roosevelt", "CVN 72 USS Lincoln", "CVN 73 USS Washington", "USS Stennis"

Folder "Update Pack"

1) Could you give please Installation Instruction for the Main Files and the 4 original Carrier Files?

I do not understand the Folder and Files structure. I tried by reading all kinds of threads between you and others, but you are obviousely deep in the topic, while I myself just started on DCS last Friday :helpsmilie:

2) How do I handle the Update? There are 2 Kinds of Texture file Folders throughout all carriers (Alternative-Newer Style, Alternative-Older Style) and 4 New Texture File Folders (for each Carrier one). Where should These Folders and files go?

3) Where are the EDM-Files to replace with the newer ones?

My DCS Version is 1.5.4

Thanks a lot for your answer. I hope, you do not misinterprete my questions as criticism. I really appreciate how communitiy passionates create awesome stuff! :thumbup:

Are these carriers useable at all? I'm not so worried about fixed wing as there are none available at this time but can they be used for Helos?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hello,

I downloaded

Folder "CrazyEddie and Kobras Carrier Eye Candy Main Files"

4 Folders "CVN 71 USS Roosevelt", "CVN 72 USS Lincoln", "CVN 73 USS Washington", "USS Stennis"

Folder "Update Pack"

1) Could you give please Installation Instruction for the Main Files and the 4 original Carrier Files?

I do not understand the Folder and Files structure. I tried by reading all kinds of threads between you and others, but you are obviousely deep in the topic, while I myself just started on DCS last Friday :helpsmilie:

2) How do I handle the Update? There are 2 Kinds of Texture file Folders throughout all carriers (Alternative-Newer Style, Alternative-Older Style) and 4 New Texture File Folders (for each Carrier one). Where should These Folders and files go?

3) Where are the EDM-Files to replace with the newer ones?

My DCS Version is 1.5.4

Thanks a lot for your answer. I hope, you do not misinterprete my questions as criticism. I really appreciate how communitiy passionates create awesome stuff! :thumbup:

Hi mate.

Right, you seem to have all the files you need to get started.

Open up the Crazyeddie and Kobra zip file, and drill down to the second level, in there you should find the files that you drop into your Mods/tech folder - its called Crazyeddie and Kobra Carrier Eye Candy, and in that should be 4 x lua files for the 4 ships, a texture file, an Encylopedia file, and an entry.lua.

You drop that big file into DCS World/Mods/tech. If you do not have any of those folders in your DCS game file create them yourself and put them where I have shown you.

You now need to put a shapes folder into that file, so create a folder called Shapes, and drop it into the big main file beside the lua's Endcylopedia and texture files. That folder is for the .edm files that create the ship models.

You now open up the 4 other files you downloaded, one for each of the four ships.

Lets do one ship, and you can then do the other three yourself.

Open up CVN72 USS Lincoln. Lets say you want the deck to be full of aircraft, so you select the file Lincoln Full Deck.zip, you open that and you extract the 3 .edm files in there, and you drop them into the Shapes folder.

If you look at the jpg files in the 4 x ships folders you can see what the decks look like as full deck or half full decks, so you can decide which you prefer to use.

Do the other three ships the exact same way, so your Shapes folder should now have .edm files for all of the four ships.

Run the game and there they should be, eye candy carriers x 4.

The update pack simply replaces some of the aircraft on deck textures and that sort of stuff, its for the perfectionists who like to have everything completely accurate, but we never can do that, so its a compromise. If you master the instal the upgrade should be easy.

Over to you mate.

Edited by crazyeddie

I should have mention something else above, out of interest.

The reason there are so many damn files is the limitations on how big a file you can upload to the DCS and other sites. Most of them are not very big for a Mod like this.

So we broke it down into manageable sizes and added the variations to individual ships to make it easier to chose what you wanted.

Sorry its so complicated to understand. I might have another look at that soon.

Don't know about weird, I had a load of stuff on there for downloading that disappeared at the same time, never to be seen again. I tried a new account, wouldn't let me, same address, tried to upload stuff, would't let me, never could figure out why and gave up after trying and trying.

Guys on here put me onto Dropbox and that works fine. Sadly the DCS Site limits you to 100mb, so a big Mod like this wont go up unless you break it down into many parts.

You just learn how to work around these problems, and there is always loads of advice from the site, which is great of course.

• Like 1

Great work on these! Need to add this to my mods. Be cool to have a second loaded Carrier around the AO. So look like you can land a helo. How about the F-18 mod? Anyone tried?

Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I placed the F18 on a half filled deck and found the plane was positioned forward and to the right of the deck, partly aimed at the parked planes.

Took off anyway!:D

Did not hit a thing?

Looks really cool though, especially buzzing the deck.:)

Thanks for these.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 months later...
Hi mate.

Right, you seem to have all the files you need to get started.

Open up the Crazyeddie and Kobra zip file, and drill down to the second level, in there you should find the files that you drop into your Mods/tech folder - its called Crazyeddie and Kobra Carrier Eye Candy, and in that should be 4 x lua files for the 4 ships, a texture file, an Encylopedia file, and an entry.lua.

You drop that big file into DCS World/Mods/tech. If you do not have any of those folders in your DCS game file create them yourself and put them where I have shown you.

You now need to put a shapes folder into that file, so create a folder called Shapes, and drop it into the big main file beside the lua's Endcylopedia and texture files. That folder is for the .edm files that create the ship models.

You now open up the 4 other files you downloaded, one for each of the four ships.

Lets do one ship, and you can then do the other three yourself.

Open up CVN72 USS Lincoln. Lets say you want the deck to be full of aircraft, so you select the file Lincoln Full Deck.zip, you open that and you extract the 3 .edm files in there, and you drop them into the Shapes folder.

If you look at the jpg files in the 4 x ships folders you can see what the decks look like as full deck or half full decks, so you can decide which you prefer to use.

Do the other three ships the exact same way, so your Shapes folder should now have .edm files for all of the four ships.

Run the game and there they should be, eye candy carriers x 4.

The update pack simply replaces some of the aircraft on deck textures and that sort of stuff, its for the perfectionists who like to have everything completely accurate, but we never can do that, so its a compromise. If you master the instal the upgrade should be easy.

Over to you mate.

I was able to follow the instructions until the part that instructs me to the parts where I should open the CVN17 USS Lincoln. Where is that file (CVN17 USS Lincoln) located? It is not in any of the two folders included in the download.

If you have JSGME you can just download my zip file with it all in there. Just pick which set you want the half full deck or the full deck. Then add to JSGME and select and done!

Look for the 2 pictures of the carriers, link is under them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150534&page=4

I am trying not to get bogged down with side questions, but what is JSGME. Also, can you provide the link to where I can get everything I need (including instructions) to install the carriers?