Mig-29

Jasmo74

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow we spend more than 1 eur for dcs version :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

They could count me in on that module (and I already have FC3), if... at least they released it with the damn Professional Flight Model.

At the time, crucial MiG-29 parameters like it's turn rate, aren't well featured - the thing seams a brick when turning, compared to other jets.

Ive found it turns really well around 800-1000kph, and this seems to match what I see in the E-M diagrams I find. I have never found an original E-M for the MiG though, so something could be wrong.

In-Game Handle: Lutrafisk

She/Her

Nope, they sold their fulcrums to Poland for symbolic 1 euro. I think they kept two for museums.

i though it was just a joke, indicating they sold them really dirt cheap, but i didn't think it was literally for just 1 Euro.

Looks up on google......

Yea.. Germany did literally sell 23 Mig29's to poland for the Price of 1 Euro, just because of the Law. for everything to be legal there needed to be a exchange involving money XD.

Damn Polish are lucky to have jets given to them pretty much for free. anyways im sure those free migs nicely compliment the 48 F16C blk 52+ they ordered & paid for in full price.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i think there is something wrong with landing physics of mig-29 (g)

i know it wasn't a great landing but, recently i tried about 20 landings day/night with su-27 and managed to land in one piece at all attempts. please watch the very end of the video. is it normal?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Is it suppose to explode more effectively than a bomb?

Youtube

Is it suppose to explode more effectively than a bomb?

Thats what FC-3 aircraft tend to do especially what they did in the past and since the Mig-29 has not yet been updated (PFM + new damgemodel etc) im guessing its still the case.

So touching the ground with the fuselage or wings (belly up/crash landing etc) might just end up exploding your aircraft instead of it breaking up in a more realistic manner

(even at low speeds and a very shallow angle gently touching the ground often causes the aircraft to explode).

This is less common with some aircraft then others and is less common today then it has been earlier (at least from my own experiences)

Edited by mattebubben

i know it wasn't a great landing but, recently i tried about 20 landings day/night with su-27 and managed to land in one piece at all attempts. please watch the very end of the video. is it normal?

Not bad, and almost there, but you were much too high when you intercepted the glide slope and also too fast. You also didn't perform an adequate flare before touchdown so the combination of excessive sink rate with excessive speed either collapsed your gear and destroyed the aircraft or the tail hit the runway which, combined with too high a sink rate caused the aircraft to be destroyed.

During final approach you should have a sink rate of no more than 5 m/s and at the point where you intercept the glide slope (usually around 12-15Km from the runway) you should be at 1000 + airfeld altitude in metres. 3 degree glides slope + 5 m/s sink rate until you flare. Your speed, depending on weight, should be no more than around 280 Km/h coming over the runway threshold. Chop the throttle as you flare and touch down with 1-2 m/s sink rate. Lower the nose and open the drag chute.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Hahahaha lol

Yesterday I made one piece landing. But I couldn't deploy speed brakes after lowering gears . Is it bug or correct behavior of mig?

I had to make 200 knots landing it was real crazy

Youtube

@darkfire

thanks.

The thing that I didn't understand is ,

Hud shows an altitude and speed but when I meet these values, pitch reaches more than 10 degrees so can't see anything and sink rate causes immediate kill

Youtube

@darkfire

thanks.

The thing that I didn't understand is ,

Hud shows an altitude and speed but when I meet these values, pitch reaches more than 10 degrees so can't see anything and sink rate causes immediate kill

There can be problems with the speed and altitude references shown on the HUD:

SPEED: The speed reference shown on the HUD is calibrated for an expected maximum landing weight. If your aircraft is heavier than the expected weight then to maintain a usable AOA you'll need a higher than expected air speed. I'm not sure what the expected maximum landing weight is for the MiG-29, but for most Russian aircraft it seems to be the empty weight, with no weapons, and about 20% fuel. Any higher than that and you'll need to be faster to compensate.

ALTITUDE: The expected altitude can some times be inaccurate, especially if the weather at the airfield is very different from the standard DCS day. This isn't often a problem for single player missions but in multiplayer servers with dynamic weather the 'expected altitude' on the HUD can be so inaccurate that you have to fly a purely visual approach.

For this reason, it's very important to contact the ATC at the airfield and tell them you're inbound so that they'll tell you the QFE pressure setting for that airfield. Calibrating your pressure altimeter before you approach helps a lot to make the expected altitude value more accurate.

If you do find yourself having to fly a purely visual approach, keep the runway threshold in the lower 1/3rd of your HUD and fly a standard 5 m/s sink rate approach. It won't be perfect but it should get you down safely.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

i know it wasn't a great landing but, recently i tried about 20 landings day/night with su-27 and managed to land in one piece at all attempts. please watch the very end of the video. is it normal?...

Ebabil,

Attached is a rather boring track of a landing mostly viewed from inside the cockpit. You should slow down and extend your landing gear and flaps prior to intercepting the glide slope. And time your arrival so that your airspeed has slowed to about 380 km/hr before you start down toward the runway. While on the glide slope, use the flight director circle to keep centered both horizontally and vertically on the glide slope. Continue to gradually slow down during the approach. Cut your throttle and flare for the landing.

Note that everything is done gradually. Don't start "chasing" airspeeds or altitudes because that will lead to trouble. EDIT: I guess the takeaway from this would be to not worry about the speed and altitude values displayed on the HUD. Follow the flight director to keep you centered on the glidepath. Start down the glide slope at roughly 380 km/hr, gradually slowing to a touchdown with an airspeed of about 270 km/hr. If you do watch the track, note my airspeed values as I cross, first, the outer marker and, second, the inner marker (the two beeps or chimes you hear). If you're on those values, it's hard not to make a good landing.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

thanks for the tips guys. will try again tonight.

Youtube

Remember.

320-310 on final.

270-280 on touchdown.

Dont land at max weight. Reduce weight in the editor below max landing weight.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Please share your Fulcrum MP experience:

- Not realistic going against the Eagle and the M2000?

- Hard but possible when using specific tactics?

Is it worth Learning & Practicing in order to take her to MP?

Thanks

another question: doesn't the right MFD show radar display of the radar cone ahead? like in the Flanker where I can see friend & bogie ?

Edited by Mowgli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Depends on tactic. If you are flying solo 1 vs 1, the Eagle will be more than a handful if you are not sneaky enough. The Fulcrum is like playing Metal Gear Solid within DCS, you sneak around and strike silently from behind... Or dive down into an ongoing battle from 40k feet with R73's. It can be a lot of fun, so my tip is to learn any aircraft that you are interested in. Don't worry so much about what aircraft performs best in 1 vs 1.

In BVR the Eagle offers a lot of advantages IF you detect the enemy first. WVR is a good place to be MiG29, Su27 or Mirage driver. So it kind of comes down what style you prefer. Long range engagements or up close and personal dogfights.

A good thing about learning the MiG29 is that you will find a lot of the same systems on the Su27 and Su33. So learning one aircraft will actually help you learn several others.

Edited by Schmidtfire

Using mig29 is like shooting yourself in the foot for the most part. It has a really low fuel load and a really low chaff/flare load. it also carries slightly less missiles but its non issue most of the time anyway.

What it has for advantages is better acceleration and speed then a su27. it is considerably faster and accelerates better. But when you do full throttle you lose all your fuel in 5 seconds.

Edited by MaxDamage