[NO BUG] Cougar MFD buttons not working in F18

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I can assign the osb button in the controller set up. But when I push the buttons nothing changes on the DDI's (MFD's) in the F18. No issues with assigning actions to My HOTAS.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

All 40 of my buttons work. Did you start with #1 above the BRT rocker and go clockwise around to #20?

The same thing happends for me and I did mine clockwise.

Sure did. Strange.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

All of my buttons are working on my end. It threw me off at first because the number sequence is different.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Do you mean I need to go clockwise on the control settings even though the F18 numbers don't correspond with the cougars?

Forget about the number corresponding because they dont. Just start with Cougar OSB16 --> Hornet PB1, Cougar OSB17 --> Hornet PB2, etc...

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Was just about to post this myself as in A-10 they go along with the hardware numbering from top left and numbers go clockwise thru OSB1-OSB20

but on Hornet (and Harrier too btw!) numbering starts from bottom left (PB1, which would have been button 16)

so the hardware button numbering is off, everything works even with 3 MFDs, just need to consider left bottom as number 1.

Edited by Antimon
format

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

Thanks for this post...i was really trying to understand why it is not working...did not know number convection is different

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 9 months later...

Yes - it is a wonderful thing to go through all buttons for both keypads - only to find that someone in dev has decided that the everyone else is wrong starting at button 1, and 16 is much more coder friendly number ;)

BTW: set up one pad + shift button to use as the 3rd MFD buttons if you only have 2 cougars - just remember to press the shift button.