The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Yes, the one that pops up with a Windows sound and stating the build and profile name

Just so I'm 100% sure, you're talking about this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=190010&stc=1&d=1531672038

Notification.jpg.c73dda1012f98ebd4e15c72d2554bad6.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Sorry, Skate, no, I mean this one.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Sorry, Skate, no, I mean this one.

Same thing, it looks different on Windows 10 vs Windows 7

And Yes, Next Update Expands the System Tray Code Significantly, and there will be option to Enable/Disable Tray Notifications.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks for that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out about this utility during my conversation here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216875

Will this utility actually do the same as a reinstall would do, or is it for maintenance? My step dad is having a problem whenever he installs his Harrier the game will not start up completely and does not show up in the task manager. If he removes the Harrier folder everything works great. If I add the Harrier to his setup and remove it using this utility will it clean the reg files or just delete the folder. The Harrier has the new protection as opposed to all the working jets using StarForce.

Thanks

It has update,clean. And repair options plus you can add or remove select modules and have multiple configuration setups. It a really good app

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

FYI SkateZilla;

Just got the newest version of the tool but Avira Professional thinks SZGS Mini Updater.exe is a bad boy due to heuristic detection( on medium/default ).

I have yet no idea what this new file is for but I need to deactivate Avira to find out ( or whitelist it in settings )

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It has update,clean. And repair options plus you can add or remove select modules and have multiple configuration setups. It a really good app

Thanks for the info. We just did a complete uninstall and reinstall and still the Harrier breaks the game. I f we remove the Harrier the game runs just fine and all the other jet modules work fine. It's driving us nuts. Something about that new protection on that module and his system that we cannot figure out.

FYI SkateZilla;

Just got the newest version of the tool but Avira Professional thinks SZGS Mini Updater.exe is a bad boy due to heuristic detection( on medium/default ).

I have yet no idea what this new file is for but I need to deactivate Avira to find out ( or whitelist it in settings )

false positive.

I would use dcs update utility from SkateZilla and remove the hornet then repai and clean your install once that has been done I would reinstall it using the utility if that works great if not I would remove it using the utility again then go through both the dcs world and saved games directory’s and manually remove any hornet folder it’s probably in the saved games directories or has been the currupt files in my experience. You could also delete the three common directories fox, metashaders2 and missioneditor in the saved games girectory. These usually need to be deleted upon each update and rebuilt using repair cmd .

Note: Request would it be possible to have a button that deletes these three folders from the saved games directory the automatically run repair . I know it is easily done manually but I think it would be a great addition to your app since your app does everything else that needs to be done in this process. My typical routine is update, clean repair then I Remember to delete the three folders so I do repair and clean again then launch from you app.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I would use dcs update utility from SkateZilla and remove the hornet then repai and clean your install once that has been done I would reinstall it using the utility if that works great if not I would remove it using the utility again then go through both the dcs world and saved games directory’s and manually remove any hornet folder it’s probably in the saved games directories or has been the currupt files in my experience. You could also delete the three common directories fox, metashaders2 and missioneditor in the saved games girectory. These usually need to be deleted upon each update and rebuilt using repair cmd .

Note: Request would it be possible to have a button that deletes these three folders from the saved games directory the automatically run repair . I know it is easily done manually but I think it would be a great addition to your app since your app does everything else that needs to be done in this process. My typical routine is update, clean repair then I Remember to delete the three folders so I do repair and clean again then launch from you app.

Internal Version already has BackUp, Copy and Delete options for Saved Games folders if set.

Internal version? Where do you set it up ?

Sorry, "Internal Version" means in development.

However, Saved Games Copy, Backup and Delete Options are Part of any build from 6.1.2018 or newer, the options are on the settings screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just got the latest version of the updater utility, what is up with the two separate executables? Both seem to launch the same thing?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey just got the latest version of the updater utility, what is up with the two separate executables? Both seem to launch the same thing?

Make sure that they are pointing to different directories. I have the current and run Release Build and Beta build. Haven't checked lately, but they do seem to be different (or last I check abo 4 weeks ago).

** Just checked and Release launches 2.5.2.xxx whereas Openbeta launches 2.5.3. They might be the same if you updated the release build last week, but haven't update the beta yet. Just guessing.

:joystick:

Edited by AKA_Clutter

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Make sure that they are pointing to different directories. I have the current and run Release Build and Beta build. Haven't checked lately, but they do seem to be different (or last I check abo 4 weeks ago).

** Just checked and Release launches 2.5.2.xxx whereas Openbeta launches 2.5.3. They might be the same if you updated the release build last week, but haven't update the beta yet. Just guessing.

:joystick:

I only have the Open Beta.

The two GUI Utility files I have are:

DCS Updater Utility.exe

SZGS Mini Updater.exe

Both appear to be pointed to my Open Beta Install, and both seem to open the same thing as far as the Utility goes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hello! I tried running the application, it works so far. But when I try clicking on any module in order to install it, the app displays an error window:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  bei DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.INSTALL_MODULE()
  bei DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.Button_FC3_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
   Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3163.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
DCS Updater Utility
   Assembly-Version: 1.1.0.1008.
   Win32-Version: 7.9.2018.
   CodeBase: file:///E:/Spiele/DCS%20World%20Updater%20Utility%20GUI/DCS%20Updater%20Utility.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 14.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
mscorlib.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

I already checked and windows claims that a later version than .net 4.7 is installed. How can I troubleshoot this?

Hello! I tried running the application, it works so far. But when I try clicking on any module in order to install it, the app displays an error window:

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  bei DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.INSTALL_MODULE()
  bei DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.Button_FC3_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I already checked and windows claims that a later version than .net 4.7 is installed. How can I troubleshoot this?

DCS_Updater.exe is missing.

Please Launch the App, and Choose to View Log and Save it to the desktop then attach here.

Thanks for your quick reply! I managed to sort it out:

Checked my game folder and DCS_Updater.exe was in the main game folder?!? Because of reasons?

I moved the executable to the "/bin" folder and suddenly no more error messages! Was finally able to repair my installation and install some modules.

Thank you!

New Release: 1.1.0.1009 / 09.10.2018:

Change Log for 1.1.0.1009 / 09.10.2018:

-Revised Update Code, Will Auto Download Update App And Move to Backup When Done

-Condensed Install/Uninstall Selected Modules Code by ~50% (550 Lines to 275)

-Revised Application Windows Icon(s)

-Revised "Browse" Button(s) Code, App Will Auto Scan when Selecting folders for Builds/Folders.

-Condensed System Tray Code

-Add Option To Startup Normal or Startup Minimized

-Add Option To Minimize and Restore App on DCS Launches

-Add Option/Toggle to Enable/Disable System Tray Notifications

-Add Option/Toggle to Switch between 1300x835 to 1320x600 Window (w/ Scroll Bar), for use w/ smaller screens.

-Expanded System Tray Functionality

-Corrected Multiple Code Parameter Typo's, Revised Some Return Functions.

-Added TrackIR Default Install Location Detection

-Added TeamSpeak Default Install Location Detection

-Added OculusVR Default Install Location Detection

-Added SteamVR Default Install Location Detection

-Added TrackIr, TeamSpeak, OculusVR, SteamVR Browse Buttons to Enable User Install Paths

-Added TrackIr, TeamSpeak, OculusVR, SteamVR Launch Buttons

-Added Option to Launch External Apps when Launching DCS (Not Applicable to SteamVR or OculusVR)

-Added DCS Updater Settings Button (Brings up DCS Updater Settings Dialog)

-Added NS430 For L-39 and Mi-8MTV2 Assets

-Added Yak-52 Assets

-Added Memory of the Hero Campaign Assets

-Renamed Old NS 430 Assets to NS430 Pop Up.

-Revised Tool Tips For Some Items

-Revised Module Button Graphics

-Updated to Remove "XP Visual Styles"

-Added Button to Toggle Log Window Size (WIP, Maybe Removed)(Edit:Removed)

-Added Indicator Colors to System Tray Menu for Modules

-Added ModelViewer2 Button (Launches ModelViewer2)

-Added Code to Verify and Move Qt Platform for Windows for use w/ ModelViewer2

-Added JSON Parsing for AutoUpdate.cfg, App will Detect and Label installs as Release, Beta, Alpha On the Settings Screen

So, From THIS COMING BUILD Onward, Auto Update Should Work As Follows:

App Will Check for Update, Prompt Yes/No to Update.

If Yes is Chosen,

-App Will download the Latest Version of the SZGS Updater from the Server, (17 kb)

-Launch the SZGS Updater and Close itself.

-SZGS Updater will Move/Rename DCS Updater Utility to /Saved Games/DCS Updater Utility/Backup/ Folder.

-SZGS Updater Will download the Version from the Webserver

-SZGS Will Launch the New DCS Updater Utility and Close Itself.

-Updater Utility Will Move/Rename the SZGS Updater EXE to the /Saved Ganes/DCS Updater Utility/Backup Folder.

SZGS Updater wont be bundled w/ DCS Updater Utility Application in Zip Folder Here, it's 17kb on the server, and that way the app will automatically download the latest version I deploy to the server, and users can continue to keep the Utility on their Desktop w/o an Extra EXE having to be there.

This will hopefully resolve update / auto updates from this build forward so I can start working on other exceptions and issues discussed.

Known Issues:

-Minimize Window doesn't restore sometimes after minimizing if Pinned to the Taskbar, (User must restart app via systray restart app option, Working on the root cause of this one).

-Buttons are Not Disabled if DCS, Updater or Modelviewer Processes are running (this will be fixed in the next build, I re-ordered startup procedure, and another procedure over-rides the disabled buttons).

-Application Server Offline Status (this is a server ping issue I cannot control)

Also may need to Delete and Re-do User Settings due to changes made in the app code if You get a Error Prompt on Application Startup.

Goto and Delete All the Folders for Versions Here:

\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq\

Future Path:

-The App will be Re-Organized into individual TABs now that I have moved away from "XP Visual Styles", So Pretty much the Tabs will control what's visible on screen instead of buttons for each menu/screen. (Modules, Settings, Log, Etc Etc)

-Will Likely divide up Aircraft Modules into Sub Categories once the Tab System is set.

(Likely WWII, Jets, Rotary Wing),

Will Also Reduce the Window Size Greatly and Remove the Window Size Toggle.

Preview Screens:

attachment.php?attachmentid=193805&stc=1&d=1536627954

attachment.php?attachmentid=193806&stc=1&d=1536627954

attachment.php?attachmentid=193807&stc=1&d=1536627954

DCS_Updater-078.thumb.jpg.de387b2c036ceda87ac46a1f208950ec.jpg

DCS_Updater-079.thumb.jpg.b9b918ccc963170c6c627be469780faf.jpg

DCS_Updater-080.thumb.jpg.19e073b68f4c3423bbe15c405a1c323e.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Program crashes on startup, with "unhandled exception" error.

Details:

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'

at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.FolderScanAndVerify()

at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3132.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

DCS Updater Utility

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1009

Win32 Version: 9.10.2018

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Aaron%20Smith/Desktop/DCS%20Updater%20Utility.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 14.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

I also did clean the AppData/Local folder.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, i5 6600K @3.5ghz, GTX 1070, 16GB ram, Windows 10 Home x64 https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JH9J7P

Modules: A-10C, FC3, F/A-18C, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, AJS-37, AV-8BNA, M-2000C, MiG-21, F-14A/B, JF-17, F-16C, Supercarrier

Maps: Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf

Awaiting: DCS: F-15E

Program crashes on startup, with "unhandled exception" error.

Details:

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'

at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.FolderScanAndVerify()

at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.7.3132.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

DCS Updater Utility

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1009

Win32 Version: 9.10.2018

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Aaron%20Smith/Desktop/DCS%20Updater%20Utility.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 14.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

I also did clean the AppData/Local folder.

Same issue.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I get exactly as the two above , I also did a clean out of the AppData folder and the save games folder .

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE