New F-14 model released!

BadgerDK

Yep as stated the model is only the plane as of right now. The cockpit will be released as soon as it is finished. Being touched up as we speak (Rattler, has been busy with school exams) but hopefully it should be out shortly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

This new model is very nice:thumbup: but it is not compatible with new model of A-10 and Walmis' F-15 because of "me.xml" file.:( Can anyone fix it?:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

This new model is very nice:thumbup: but it is not compatible with new model of A-10 and Walmis' F-15 because of "me.xml" file.:( Can anyone fix it?:joystick:

Yes, please merge it with Walmis F-15C + Weapons2.11 + SIMMOD A-10A (package that replaces AI plane, I don't intend to fly F-14 as Su-33)

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Instead of replacing the whole meinit.xml file just copy/paste the Su-33 section from this mod to your meinit.xml file, and if you want F-14 model to be AI only then do the same (copy Su-33 secton of the mod meinit.xml and paste into F-14A section of your own meinit.xml oh and rename Su-33.LOM to F-14A.LOM)

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Instead of replacing the whole meinit.xml file just copy/paste the Su-33 section from this mod to your meinit.xml file, and if you want F-14 model to be AI only then do the same (copy Su-33 secton of the mod meinit.xml and paste into F-14A section of your own meinit.xml oh and rename Su-33.LOM to F-14A.LOM)

What to do with the second .lom file? What is the purpose of it?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Here's my Meinit.xml, i modified the new VNAO's F-14D model for AI (old F-14A) but you can fly this plane, it's also compatible with Simmod's A-10A and Walmis' F-15. You must uninstall VNAO F-14 then rename the Su-33.lom into f-14a.lom

ps: i didn't modify the F-14D model for the Su-33 :music_whistling:

no idea what forsag.lom is for

Kuky, i don't think Forsag.lom is needed

Meinit.rar

Edited by Majesco

no idea what forsag.lom is for. I just override the existing one or if you want make a backup first then override and test.

I believe forsag.lom is for the afterburner cone model.

BTW great ideas guys for making this an AI only model, ideal :thumbup:

Alt+G : spoilers + cross

That's an error IMO.

Spoilers destruct lift when fully extended.

If you destruct the lift on both wings at the same time :

- plane on ground, you apply more pressure on the gears, allowing them to brake better.

- plane flying, you'll quickly get (pieces of) plane on ground...:D

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

ps: i didn't modify the F-14D model for the Su-33

Meaning that you don't get the Su-33 cockpit with the new Tomcat? I'm not the most computer savvy guy on the planet, so how exactly does someone go about getting the Tomcat to work if they have the A-10 and F-15 models installed? :helpsmilie:

Thanks guys!

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

• ED Team
Here's my Meinit.xml, i modified the new VNAO's F-14D model for AI (old F-14A) but you can fly this plane, it's also compatible with Simmod's A-10A and Walmis' F-15. You must uninstall VNAO F-14 then rename the Su-33.lom into f-14a.lom

ps: i didn't modify the F-14D model for the Su-33 :music_whistling:

Kuky, i don't think Forsag.lom is needed

Thank you. It's working perfectly.:thumbup::joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Excellent work guys, my Carrier deck never looked so pretty ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how hard would it be to get it to work with v1.02. I have already the F-18c working perfect.It uses the su-33 already. Tried to get the tomcat to work using f-14a. Did everything but takeoff, every function worked but would not lift off runway. oh well. Hope you feel like helping us v1.02 people out, very nice mod.:thumbup: