*** Official ED Campaign Creation Competition ***

Igormk, the second file worked. I just played the first mission, and I'm very very impressed. It's the most immersive mission I've flown in BS. If the rest of the campaign lives up to the potential I just witnessed, then anyone else who submits a campaign for this contest is going to be facing some very tough competition! Well done.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The powers that be,

re:

contest

I would like to know if the submittion of the campaign for the contest could be as late as 9 p.m. (PDT) tonight, as the person who is finishing the Campaign cannot submit it until later tonight after work..

Thanx..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Sweet, a second campaign.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I have played the first mission ^^ High quality campaign!

Pity FPS drop sometimes even below 20 when flying near infantry training grounds - any ideas what should I do to increase it?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Waggs

Thanks much for the extra time.

Campaign preview (sure to be tweaked)

Campaign Name - Dogs of War Campaign

Type - Multiplayer Coop Campaign

Number of Players - 3 -5 players, some mission "doable" with 2 and easy with 4 or more.

Mission length 1 - 2 hours

Basic premise:

In May 2008 the Indian Air Force issued a requisition proposal to purchase 22 attack helicopters to modernize and supplement their close support attack forces. Shortly thereafter this request was put on hold due to budget cuts. In November of the same year a coordinated Islamic terrorist attack in Mumbai, India’s largest city, killed 173 people and wounded at least 308. The initial speculation was the attacks originated from Pakistan. After less than 3 months of investigation Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik, in a televised news briefing, confirmed that parts of the attack had been planned in Pakistan and said that six people, including the alleged mastermind, were being held in connection with the attacks. Additional funding was immediately granted by India’s government to purchase additional air assets to improve border security and to seek and destroy militant elements along the border between Pakistan and India.

Throughout 2009 U.S. forces increased their presence in both Afghanistan and Pakistan in an attempt to eliminate extremist forces at the same time India waged a similar war along their border. In Dec 2009 the American government offered military and economic incentives to India in order to improve their military and increase their effectiveness in combating terrorist forces along their border and (unofficially) into Pakistan itself. Part of this incentive package was an exchange of military technologies. India received, among other things, several UAV assets and thermal imaging devices for use for border patrols. In exchange the Indian Air Force loaned several KA-50 helicopters to US forces to expedite getting American trained pilots in the air.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><

Team Members

AKA_Clutter

AKA_Goshawk

AKA_Ramstein

Topgun505

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!! Another campaign. And Multiplayer. I am getting happier by the minute. Any other campaigns being made? Step up and let us know. So far I count 3. This makes the replayability of BS so much more. Way to go people!

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

it takes a huge amount of work to create good campaigns (Very good ones take 4x that amount of work..)

I bet that some people started and found it how much time and work and decided to not try at this time to finish one..

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

When this contest started, I didn't have the time to make a campaign (I have done one small campaign before to test my skills. It sucked but I tried and learned a great deal. That was with version 1.0 and not the enhancements of 1.01). If the contest had started now, I would have had the time to do it. I may just do one anyway when I finish up with some other gaming commitments I started recently. It won't be fancy schmancy, but it will be serviceable and the effort will be there.

Dusty Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...

Hope to put mine up late tonight or tomorrow. I not sure it will meet expectations of "polished" but hopefully all will find it fun.

I have the files in 5 different ZIP files, each less than 10 MB, for a total of 27 MB. Will this be a problem with loading to the site?

Thanks.

AKA_Clutter

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

We are submitting Georgian Havoc v1.0 (again). Here is the link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=48328

Unfortunately some bugs and polishing suggestions were discovered in the last 20 days of testing. Thanks to all guys that gave support!!! The team have started working on them, and managed to do more than 50% of the changes, but with good reasons it didn’t succeed to finish v1.1.

Releasing v1.1 now would make it just more confusing for the end users since there is lack of synchronization between changes-briefings-radio comms-mission goals, so this is the reason we have decided to submit v1.0 again. I hope you will understand and respect that. Those who have tried to make complex mission knows how much time that takes.

We have more relaxed schedule during second half of January, so even if we don’t meet standards of the competition with v1.0 and get kicked off, we will release v1.1 till the end of that month. Or maybe if ED releases LOFC 2.0 in early January, so we get very busy. :D

I wish you all best in the New Year!

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please find attached our entry into the campaign contest. Below is a breif outline of the mission. A more detailed description with mission briefings is contained in the attached Dogs Of War Campaign Document.zip file. Also contained in that file is the campaign flow as the missions are not yet linked.

Also, we would like to point out a feature of the Dogs of War Campaign that is not clearly evident.

Several missions in the Dogs of War campaign do contain random elements. These elements ranges from where the initial and reserve units spawn, whether air units show up to support the enemy ground troops, or where the down pilot is located. Missions that have an element of randomness are mission 1 – 7, 10, 12 (partially implemented), and 15. This was done to add some replay value to the campaign and the missions themselves. This feature is not readily apparent unless you replay the campaign or replay the missions listed above. This does not include Mission 14A and 14B which are very similar with the exception that 14B has ships that need to be dealt with.

Download at

http://rapidshare.com/files/328692157/Dogs_of_War_Campaign.zip

An alternate location for download can be found at (Thanks to ECV_Tordo ! )

http://www.filefront.com/15267913/Do..._Campaign.zip/

Also, a PDF of the campaign document is now attached as well. (Can't see to edit the messgae to inclde PDF. It is listed later in this thread)

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dogs of War Campaign

Campaign Type - Multiplayer Coop Campaign

Number of Players - 3 -5 players, some mission "doable" with 2 and easy with 4 or more.

Mission length: 1 - 2 hours

Comments: Some missions have slots for up to 12 players, others only have slots for 8. Also, some missions have a secondary FARP either closer to the “front line” to facilitate re-spawn or rearming, while others have a secondary FARP further back incase primary gets overran. Some missions will require use of PVI-800 to enter NAV points. Most missions require landing and reamring.

System Specs System used to perform test. Win Vista Ultimate/Win 7, Intel E8600 Core Duo, EVGA GTX 216 SC, 8 Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM. Test were done with 3 – 6 pilots.

Campaign Background

In May 2008 the Indian Air Force issued a requisition proposal to purchase 22 attack helicopters to modernize and supplement their close support attack forces. Shortly thereafter this request was put on hold due to budget cuts. In November of the same year a coordinated Islamic terrorist attack in Mumbai, India’s largest city, killed 173 people and wounded at least 308. The initial speculation was the attacks originated from Pakistan. After less than 3 months of investigation Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik, in a televised news briefing, confirmed that parts of the attack had been planned in Pakistan and said that six people, including the alleged mastermind, were being held in connection with the attacks.

Additional funding was immediately granted by India’s government to purchase additional air assets to improve border security and to seek and destroy militant elements along the border between Pakistan and India.

Throughout 2009 U.S. forces increased their presence in both Afghanistan and Pakistan in an attempt to eliminate extremist forces at the same time India waged a similar war along their border. In Dec 2009 the American government offered military and economic incentives to India in order to improve their military and increase their effectiveness in combating terrorist forces along their border and (unofficially) into Pakistan itself. Part of this incentive package was an exchange of military technologies. India received, among other things, several UAV assets and thermal imaging devices for use for border patrols. In exchange the Indian Air Force loaned several KA-50 helicopters to US forces to expedite getting American trained pilots in the air.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Development Team

AKA_Clutter

AKA_Ramstein

Topgun505

AKA_Goshawk

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dogs_Of_War_Campaign_Document.zip

Edited by AKA_Clutter
1-5-10 Added description of random elements in missions
  • Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

India received, among other things, several UAV assets and thermal imaging devices for use for border patrols. In exchange the Indian Air Force loaned several KA-50 helicopters to US forces to expedite getting American trained pilots in the air.

Stupid question: did this happened or is this fictional?

zdXu,

The only stupid question is the one not asked!

The background for the campaign is fictional, at the moment, and hopefully remains so in the future. :)

----------------

AKA_Clutter

zdXu,

I didn't develop the background story, Topgun did that. I think that he may have based on this event, or some other event. What we wanted was a somewhat plausible reason for the US Marines to be flying the KA-50 and not to directly pit US vs Ru. Yes we did us US and Ru units, but ti was not meant to be a US force versus a Russian force.

I'll get in touch with Topgun later today and see if he based the background story on this specific event.

Thanks for the question.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

The first portion of the story is true in the fact that India did at one point consider buying a number of Ka-50s. And of course the terrorist attack in India did happen. Everything after that is fiction ... albeit it very well could have happened. :)

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.