DVD Version

• ED Team
Do you know an estimated date of release for the dvd version?

If not, is it in the final stage?

Greetings

When the FC2 patch is final, we will then have a master DVD disc to go into manufaturing.

Allow 4 weeks for manufacturing/distribution etc.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Thanks for the reply JimMack.

That patch is the patch that gives compatibility with BS?

If i understand ok, you mean time to finish the patch + 4 weeks for manufacturing/distribution, or in 4 weeks?

Greetings

The compatibility patch will be a Black Shark patch. So this patche would more likely be correcting issues like flaps drag coefficient, low-mach F-15 performance, maybe some sound issues due to the brand new sound-engine... ;)

And my guess would be, yeah, 4 weeks fromthe moment the patch is ready. Which unfortunately still makes a little while to wait (I'm all FC2 already, but some people just won't buy download version)

• ED Team

To be clear, there are two patches in final test. One is a patch for FC2 to clean up identified bugs and add some more Russian aircraft campaigns. The second is a Black Shark patch that will make it and FC2 online compatible.

We need to have the first patch done before we can finish the second.

Edited by Wags
  • Like 1

One is a patch for FC2 to clean up identified bugs and add some more content

Sounds great!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

....and add some more content....

Oh please tell me there's a dedicated Anti-Ship missile for the '33 or the Toad in there somewhere.....:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Still waiting for the DVD version...

So 4 weeks after the two patches. Then maybe another 4 weeks for my case..

One month ETA to our local software store..

I couldn't relate about what people are talking about now and still stuck with the ancient 1.12b lolz

It's a loooooong wait for me. Hope the patches and mods are all polished by the time i get my copy :)

...... in July TAT LoL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No new F-15 or A-10 missions? Darn!

Just make some. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

is the DRM going to be the same for the download vs. the DVD version? if so, then you could just buy the download version and burn it to your own DVD and be just as good.

if, however, the DRM is gone on the DVD version then that'd be another story. Just not sure what the benefit is of having them master a disc vs just burning your own.

I would suspect the disc to have the training videos and such on it, which can be a boon for those who have capped internet connections. Some extra draconian ISP's can have you capped for the whole month just from doing those downloads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

When the FC2 patch is final, we will then have a master DVD disc to go into manufaturing.

Allow 4 weeks for manufacturing/distribution etc.

What?? Another month? And without training videos??? C'mon! It was sheduled for 7 of may 2010 in our stores. Why do we have to wait so long, while ppl with download version fly since march? That's unfair, wake up ED! :cry:

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

Sometimes I tell myself "You Should be one of the ED owners"

I bought first Lock On 2 times, download and CD version.

Then I bought Flaming Cliffs download and Gold Version (2 CD,s)

Later I bought DCS: BS Russian DVD version and Spanish DVD Version.

Then I bought FC 2 download version

And I will buy FC2 DVD version (100%)

ED, please, stop releasing different versions. My pocket, my wife and my son would be extremely grateful. ;);)

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

All of the above plus, is North America left out!!!! Only option is download and burn. PLEASEEEE. Yes an option but only a last resort. I have all cd/dvd versions, so why would you stop now. NO interest in North America or what. I get the feeling that this question does not want to be answered in fear of losing the download version customers in North America. Its been asked many times and I will admit a few from me too with no reply other than get the download and back it up on disc. Well if a disc is availiable, it may not be quite the same as the download. So we wait especially in North America for this answer. I will purchase it regardless but easier if dealing with North American distributor. Waiting for an answer and hoping that I don't get flamed for this post. Just try to imagine the frustration on this side of the WATER. Yes I will say it, people have been frustrated in Europe as well with just getting download. So lets just say there are people frustrated everywhere that need an answer to their questions. Most have been dealt with , this one has not.:(

• ED Team
All of the above plus, is North America left out!!!! Only option is download and burn. PLEASEEEE. Yes an option but only a last resort. I have all cd/dvd versions, so why would you stop now. NO interest in North America or what. I get the feeling that this question does not want to be answered in fear of losing the download version customers in North America. Its been asked many times and I will admit a few from me too with no reply other than get the download and back it up on disc. Well if a disc is availiable, it may not be quite the same as the download. So we wait especially in North America for this answer. I will purchase it regardless but easier if dealing with North American distributor. Waiting for an answer and hoping that I don't get flamed for this post. Just try to imagine the frustration on this side of the WATER. Yes I will say it, people have been frustrated in Europe as well with just getting download. So lets just say there are people frustrated everywhere that need an answer to their questions. Most have been dealt with , this one has not.:(

The DVD boxed version will be distributed in North America. We are currently in discussions with US distributors, and therefore can not yet give any dates. Their call, not ours.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

What?? Another month? And without training videos??? C'mon! It was sheduled for 7 of may 2010 in our stores. Why do we have to wait so long, while ppl with download version fly since march? That's unfair, wake up ED! :cry:

are you unable to download the downloadable version?

are you unable to download the downloadable version?

If I were able, i wouldn't wait for DVD. Besides, I prefer a boxed version over download one (say I like to collect my games). And if I have to download training vids anyway, I'll be very disappointed.

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64