Scale of Speedtrees in 2.5

Agreed. Especially in contrast with the trains, which seem awfully small compared to those trees, even at a 30% reduction.

Yepl I had traffic turned off when I did the 30% mod. Lesson learned. Even at 60%, the trees are still way too big. We'll see what 70% or 80% gives here shortly.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Ok Fellas,

Here's the final product. 80% looks to be about right. Any further and I think the trees will start to show too much terrain in the forests. It does look great and perception of speed and altitude has increased significantly. Enjoy:thumbup:

JSGME Ready. You can download it here. UPDATE: Deleted due to bad folder structure in the download. Will be posting an updated version later in this thread.

There are folders for 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 percent. Choose which you want to use. Only use one folder at a time when loading the mod in JSGME.

Edited by Bananimal
  • Like 1

Ok Fellas,

Here's the final product. 80% looks to be about right. Any further and I think the trees will start to show too much terrain in the forests. It does look great and perception of speed and altitude has increased significantly. Enjoy:thumbup:

JSGME Ready. You can download it here. DCS 2.5 Trees Fix.zip

There are folders for 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 percent. Choose which you want to use. Only use one folder at a time when loading the mod in JSGME.

Would you mind posting screenshots/video, and is this IC compliant? Thanks!

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

@ Badanimal - The 80% seems about right mate, maybe a tad slow but pretty good, anyway thanks for your enthusiam and looking into this and putting out a mod to fix it..

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

@ Badanimal - The 80% seems about right mate, maybe a tad slow but pretty good, anyway thanks for your enthusiam and looking into this and putting out a mod to fix it..

I agree. Just a tad slow. I thought about going to 90% but at 80% I noticed some openings in the forests, so stopped there. Looks like I hit the threshold for tree placement. I suspect going below 80% will be very noticeable. I can try 90 and 95. Theoretically, at that percentage, the trees should be shrubs, but I don't believe the sim is rendering at the full percentage reductions.

Not here but I'm running on a box with 64GB of RAM.

On 16gb here like many users, but what would RAM have to do with these modifications?

I'm currently using the 30% reduction that I did myself manually and that works fine, just wondering why the greater reduction files are causing a loading freeze.

On 16gb here like many users, but what would RAM have to do with these modifications?

I'm currently using the 30% reduction that I did myself manually and that works fine, just wondering why the greater reduction files are causing a loading freeze.

The only thing I can think of is that it looks like it loads more trees to a certain point. I went from 49 FPS to about 42 at 80%. Perhaps some tweaking of options is needed. I'm running Reshade with FXAA enabled. AF and AA in game are off and I set FXAA allowed and 2XSS in nVidia Inspector.

What's your frame rate looking like?

I think I've found an easier way to adjust the tree scale in Config\terrain\terrainoptions41.lua

line 370 blockTreesScale = 1.0;

edit: disregard, seems this parameter has no effect if altered.

The only thing I can think of is that it looks like it loads more trees to a certain point. I went from 49 FPS to about 42 at 80%. Perhaps some tweaking of options is needed. I'm running Reshade with FXAA enabled. AF and AA in game are off and I set FXAA allowed and 2XSS in nVidia Inspector.

What's your frame rate looking like?

FPS is fine, not really measured it but the difference seems negligible.

Seems I can use the 40% reduction files fine but as soon as I try anything past 50% the PC freezes up on loading and CTD's.

Edited by Mustang

Here is the JSGME ready version. Hope Bananimal doesn't mind ;)

S!

In case some haven't noticed. The mod as downloaded is not quite JSGME ready. Don't forget to remove the contents from the "DCS World 1.5" folder.

Thanks Pedro for the heavy lifting on this.

EDIT: OH yah, Thank YOU Bananimal.

Edited by Chic
  • Like 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

In case some haven't noticed. The mod as downloaded is not quite JSGME ready. Don't forget to remove the contents from the "DCS World 1.5" folder.

Thanks Pedro for the heavy lifting on this.

It has been updated by Bananimal already :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

anyone able to post up some side by side screenies to show the effect of mod?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Seems I can use the 40% reduction files fine but as soon as I try anything past 50% the PC freezes up on loading and CTD's.

Same here. Only 40% works for me as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok now can we please see some screenshots? I don't want to apply this to my vanilla copy without evidence.

I can't see any differences (40%)

1-st with -40% 2-nd with original

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

What do I do wrong? Why the mod does not work for me? Trees do not decrease even by a cm: ((((((((((((

Verify that the folders in my mod:

Trees - Default

Trees - Smaller -30

Trees - Smaller -40

Trees - Smaller -50

Trees - Smaller -60

Trees - Smaller -70

Trees - Smaller -80

are in the JSGME mod folder specified in your JSGME.ini file. This file should be in the root of your DCS folder along with JSGME.exe.

In my case, I have a folder called 0 Mods where I put all of my JSGME mods. My JSGME.ini points to this. See below.

[MODS FOLDER]

Name=0 Mods

[JSGME DETAILS]

FullPath=D:\DCS 2.5\JSGME.exe

[FORM SIZE]

Main Height=737

Main Left=1447

Main Top=526

Main Width=676

Main WindowState=0

Next, just double-click JSGME.exe in the root of your DCS folder (where it should be if you set it up properly) and select one of the tree mod folders. Click the right arrow to move that folder into the sim. Just click one of the tree mod folders, as trying to import more that one will only result in warnings asking you to overwrite.

Edited by Bananimal
  • Like 1