new mission: time trial, test of flying skills

wolle

I put together a simple time trial mission.

Complete a series of challenges in as little time as possible.

Feel free to change/expand/edit mission.

Hope you guys like it, comments welcome.

EDIT: Improved and extended version (May 19). Will also post this in the missions and campaigns thread, and on "user files" on the DCS homepage.

TimeTrialSkill.zip

TimeTrialSkillMay19.miz

Edited by wolle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Great idea! If I play this some more, I may finally be able to say good-bye to me very dear friend, the Vortex Ring State. :D

371 seconds after 7 or so attempts. And there's definitely room for improvement. ;)

• 1 month later...
Great idea! If I play this some more, I may finally be able to say good-bye to me very dear friend, the Vortex Ring State. :D

371 seconds after 7 or so attempts. And there's definitely room for improvement. ;)

Good old VRS, pops up at the most unexpected times, just as you think you have a tight landing nailed you watch the vsi wind off the clock, that's just before arse meets your elbows.:helpsmilie:

III/JG11_Tiger

Good old VRS, pops up at the most unexpected times, just as you think you have a tight landing nailed you watch the vsi wind off the clock, that's just before arse meets your elbows.:helpsmilie:

Oooh yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

But this was among the missions that helped me the most to address my problems. Haven't flown the Huey in a while, but I did get better at not crashing all the time. :thumbup:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

doesnt seem to work for me. When I take off from the carrier, the red smoke is up in the air but no building. landing underneath the smoke still counts, but when I land at the green smoked intersection the mission does not continue. Would be awesome if I could fly this mission with the current version ...

• 2 weeks later...
doesnt seem to work for me. When I take off from the carrier, the red smoke is up in the air but no building. landing underneath the smoke still counts, but when I land at the green smoked intersection the mission does not continue. Would be awesome if I could fly this mission with the current version ...

The mission works for me, I'm using this version and everything works:

newTimeTrialSkillMay19.miz

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

This mission is great and I really enjoy the practice but when instructed to locate a chopper on the ground on 1750khz with the ADF, I find that there is no ADF signal at that frequency or anywhere near it.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? I'm fairly experienced so I'm 99.9% confident that I'm using the ADF correctly.

Windows 10 running DCS 1.5.6

Thanks for any help you can offer. Would really like to see if I can complete the trial.