Crosscompatibility of modules?

Roadrunner

hi all,

i havent found a dedicated thread, so i start this one.

my questions are as follows:

it was mentioned, that it will be possible to fly all DCS:World airframes in DCS:WWII and the other way around as well. so far so simple.

- how will that work with the three core aircrafts, the BF-109, Spitfire and P-47? will they as well be transferable by, lets say copying the folders from the mods folder?

- will the other airframes, that you will get for free as a backer for example from a 40$ pledge, also be transferable? or will they be a DCS:WWII only?

the reason behind those questions is simply, that i for myself want to fly all that stuff within DCS:World, so if those modules must be purchased again for DCS:World later, then almost none of the pledge options would be of any use for me, and raising my pledge wouldnt be of use to me as well, as i'm not in the position to give much :-(

i hope anyone already has hard facts for this, or one of the dev team can throw in some hard information.

regards & thanks,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Its actually in the kickstarter description.

"The DCS WWII series will start with Europe 1944 and, given enough interest, continue to grow to cover more theaters, more aircraft, and more content. Moreover, its modules will plug into DCS World modules and vice versa, so you’ll be able to fly a 1940s Messerschmitt against a modern Su-25, if you so choose."

Its all going to be based on Modules. Each plane is a Module which can be plugged into either DCS:World or DCS:WWII, just like the already existing P-51 (from DCS:World) can be plugged into DCS:WWII on release.

No offense, but I think you didn't read close enough!

Question was, will the 3 free planes be "hard coded" into DCS:WWII, just like the Su-25T is in DCS:World?

Or are the free planes also "modules" and you get DCS:WWII for free, and 3 seperate (also free) downloads for the planes that you then can chose whether to integrate them into World or WWII?

That information is not clear from the Kickstarter's descrcription.

I'd be interested in that too.

Greetings

MadCat

If we already purchaced module for say the DCS P51 and we are using it in DCSWorld, can we use that module in WII:1944 or do we have to purchace the module a second time to use in the second game?

Will the WWII:1944 Mustang be identical to the DCS world version or is it more contemporary to the year of the sim?

Sorry if these have been answered before, I haven't seen a diffinative answer.

As far as I understood, you don't need to purchase the modules again to have them in WWII too.

How it will work, install them again, copy the folders, link WWII to the World folders or however, wasn't explained yet.

It may very well just be too early in development to answer this.

Already known is, the P-51 and Fw190 are the DCS versions, nothing will be touched there!

Greetings

MadCat

It probably isn't even fully worked out or settled, but given the time to release im sure they can figure out something that doesnt have people reinstalling mods, copying folders around, or other stupidity.

Of course, they can, but the more pertinent question is, if they will!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Does not tell us anything we don't already know. The question about what will technically be required to fly aircraft from one product in the other and if 'built-ins', for lack of a better term, will be flyable in the other product.

It's not that complicated. Have you played DCS World? You just download the client (5 to 6 gb), which includes the Su-25 only that is flyable. Other aircraft models are in-game, but if you don't download the aircraft modules, you can't fly them "yet". Then, you download the aircraft modules themselves (can go from 200mb to 500 mb themselves) in order to have it playable in the MAIN module, which is DCS World. Luthier stated multiple times that one module that is playable in DCS WWII will be simply importable into DCS World.

Imagine you download a folder called "A-10C Warthog". You paste it into DCS World. You can now play it in DCS World. Now, imagine you just copy-and-paste this same folder into DCS WWII. Congratulations, you can now fly this aircraft in DCS WWII. This theory, however, is only applicable to DCS WWII products. Hence, you can have A-10C flying with a Spitfire in DCS World, but you can't have an A-10C flying into DCS WWII.

I just don't understand what is so complicated...

I just don't understand what is so complicated...

Licenses can be complicated.

We are also adding DCS World licenses to kickstarter rewards. You will receive the P-51D and the FW.190D with DCS WWII; but if you select the appropriate reward, you will also receive those licenses for DCS World.

They already imply a fact that some licenses will only work in one base game, not in the another. So it is possible that at some point, some other aircrafts will be licensed to be used with only one base game. Doesn't really matter if you copy the directory or not. The base game will reject a module if the license is not proper for it.

I'm not saying that this will be the case with the 3 free planes. But in future it might be somewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are also adding DCS World licenses to kickstarter rewards. You will receive the P-51D and the FW.190D with DCS WWII; but if you select the appropriate reward, you will also receive those licenses for DCS World.
Hope this doesn't mean what I think it does and what it sounds like.

If I have to repurchase the P-51 again or purchase 1 licence for each world in the future to fly the aircrafts in both,

this suddenly adds a (very) bad taste to the whole thing (for me personally that is).

I'd appreciate a clarification ragarding this matter !

Greetings

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

Hope this doesn't mean what I think it does and what it sounds like.

If I have to repurchase the P-51 again or purchase 1 licence for each world in the future to fly the aircrafts in both,

this suddenly adds a (very) bad taste to the whole thing (for me personally that is).

I'd appreciate a clarification ragarding this matter !

Greetings

MadCat

It means that P51 or Dora from $20-$40 pledges won't be flyable in DCS: World. Only in DCS WW2. If you want to have them everywhere you need DCS: World level pledges or buy them separately (the ones bought from DCS now do count). That's my understanding. regarding the future of what you buy where and for what. Obviously none of us can know that. But it seems that separate licensing is possible.

EDIT: Look at this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114011

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a lot of people are going to be rather angry if like myself I bought the P-51 on the bases that there would be other world war 2 aircraft to fly against.

Now If I have to buy another P-51 with this new arena for it to work I think like most people I will feel rather cheated, in other words to be quite blunt I will have bought the P-51 under full pretenses if it is the case!

I am sure someone could clarify this from Eagle dynamic!

Now If I have to guy another P-51 with this new arena for it to work I think like most people I will feel rather cheated, in other words to be quite blunt I will have bought the P-51 under full pretenses if it is the case!

Read carefully. It has never been said that you will have to! The DCS P51 will work with DCS WW2. Just not the other way around. The P51 from $20-$40 will not work with DCS: World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There may be the two branches, but they should be the one world

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Stop giving people hemorrhoids.

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you get all the tips together you're not exactly right. And there seem to be a big problem with actually getting accurate information here so putting all the tips together is the only option. What you said is correct. It's just not a complete information.

DCS: WW2 provides 3 planes for free. I think they are usable everywhere.

DCS: P51 and DCS: Dora can be obtained through DCS or DCS:World level kickstarter pledges ($65+) and are usable everywhere.

So to this point it's like you said. But:

In addtion to that there are P51 and Dora licenses that you can choose as payable DCS WW2 aircrafts for $20-$40 pledges that are only usable in DCS WW2. At least that's what Ilya said.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/597595

If that's not what he meant, then sorry. But in this case the difference between $10 and $40 is none as there are no payable aircrafts without stretches. Have a look here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114011

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"We are also adding DCS World licenses to kickstarter rewards."

Those DCS World "licences" are the P-51 and Dora modules which are going to be cross-compatible. World and WWII.

"You will receive the P-51D and the FW.190D with DCS WWII;"

Meaning, the P-51 and Dora will be part of DCS WWII once its released.

"but if you select the appropriate reward, you will also receive those licenses for DCS World."

If you select the appropriate reward, you get the P-51 and/or Dora modules for DCS World, which can then be plugged into DCS WWII once its released.

"The P-51D license will be issued after the kickstarter project successfully funds."

If you selected this reward, you will get the DCS: World P-51 module right after kickstarter is successful, and can plug it into DCS WWII once its released.

"The Dora license will give the backers the option to beta test the aircraft once it enters closed beta some time this winter."

If you selected this reward, you can beta test the DCS: World Dora once it enters beta this winter, and you will recieve it right after its DCS: World release, and can then be plugged into DCS WWII once its released.

"You will receive the P-51D and the FW.190D with DCS WWII;"

Meaning, the P-51 and Dora will be part of DCS WWII once its released.

Please elaborate here. So what is exactly new here (in contrast to before this sentence was said)? What does this sentence mean?

Before it it was known that P51 and Dora will be compatible with DCS WW2. No news here.

What does it mean that they will be a part of DCS WW2 once its released?

Does it mean that by pledging $65+ you can get P51 now but by pledging $20 you can get it only after DCS WW2 is released but it will be usable everywhere anyway?

There is so many unknowns in here... I wish someone had clarified this properly. Because for now I still don't see any real difference between $10 and $40 (assuming stretches won't be reached).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[...]

If you already own a DCS World P-51 and/or FW-190, then obviously no one wants you to have to pay for anything twice.

[...]

So this tells me I can plug my DCS:W P-51 and Fw190 into DCS:WWII, good.

The P51 is the same! The license is not.

Yet this, on the other hand, states one licence is not usable for both worlds at the same time.

From this I gather, when I buy a licence for a DCS:WWII module, I cannot plug it into DCS:W without getting another one ?!

Still confused about what's what now and if the free aircrafts are able to plug into world still remains unclear (to me at least).

And in all honesty:

There now are "Original Rewards", "DCS World Rewards" and "Alpha Access Rewards", like what the... ? !

What currently unfolds before my eyes is a rushed kickstarter without thoroughly elaborating things beforehand and that now turns into a patchwork adding more and more confusion.

If it turns out that licences for World and WWII really are seperate in the future, this could possibly be a deal braker for me and I'll stay with DCS:World only, plugging everything into that world.

It just is not 100% clear how all this will work once both worlds are officially distributed from the website.

Note, all these are assumptions at this point but it's what I currently see.

I have no ambition to attack anyone in any way, but to express my personal opinion!

I gladly stand corrected in the future (by officials), but for now, this is what I think about all this.

Greetings

MadCat

Yet this, on the other hand, states one licence is not usable for both worlds at the same time.

From this I gather, when I buy a licence for a DCS:WWII module, I cannot plug it into DCS:W without getting another one ?!

This was my understanding that came from this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114011.

In general they are supposed to be cross compatible, with an exception of the P51 and Dora chosen from $20-$40. Now I'm not so sure that is the case. But if it's not then there is no real difference between $10 and $40 pledges. And I'm even more confused now.

I think I'll wait for an official clarification...

I wish we could get any.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]