SU27 TAXI LIGHTS

aceviper

It is working with latest version (v1.2.12,35194). It was also working prev. version.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

My mod was installed too, but this bug (if it really exists) has nothing to do with cockpit bug.

I didn't test lights at night though...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I can confirm the same issue using FC3 Su-27 and with or without any mods. DCS World updated an hour ago.

The key binding is ok as I can see the lights beam/halo effect on the landing gear, but no light effect on the runway/taxiway.

Tested with the start up training mission and a custom training mission with low luminosity (early morning).

No idea what's happening here.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

My mod was installed too, but this bug (if it really exists) has nothing to do with cockpit bug.

I didn't test lights at night though...

At last some confirmation from someone else

Yes Devrim it really exists:cry:

@ShuRugal....I wouldnt waste time here without doing so first...repeatedly

Perhaps a different behavior on different airfields?

Just tested at Batumi (a simple mission cold start Su-27, default date, 19h or 23h start, no mods at all), no taxi nor landing lights enlight the ground & surrounding indeed (but the light looks alight when looking at it on the front gear, so control is correctly mapped).

Where did you test Devrim & aceviper?

spacer.png

verified, no effect on surface.

and is it ok landing gears can be deployed, retracted on the ground? i hit g button by mistake and my front gear retracted so that my nose has been burried in the ronway

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Previously, I tested it in daylight, not at night. It seems I got Aceviper wrong and I checked only gear lights, not projection on surface.

Now, I confirm the bug. At night, the ground is not illuminated. It's like twilight zone... :)

• 4 weeks later...
Su 27 landing and taxi lights don't illuminate the ground, although they are visible in external model. Can confirm this.

Yup. Experiencing exactly the same issue.

Tried to update video drivers just in case - no visible changes.

• Gigabyte Z97X SLI
  • i5 4670K OC + СoolerMaster 212 Evo
  • inno3D GTX980 iChill
  • 16 GB RAM
  • OCZ Vector 128 GB SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD
  • M-Audio 2496 Audiophile
  • Pimax 4K HMD

• Self-made air mouse controller
  • VKB Cobra Z (BRD Mod)
  • Gametrix ECS; VKB T-Rudder
  • Custom Mjoy 16 switch panel
  • Wireless Inertial Tracker + Opentrack

Fix for landing and taxi lights bug in Su-27

For those who still suffer from the bug in Su-27 related to landing and taxi lights - here's the fix working in the latest 1.2.14 update available at the moment.

Go to [your DCS World installation folder]\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common and open Lights.lua file. You have 2 options.

The first option:

• Find "-- 3 spots" comment in the file, line 69 if you haven't modified the file before. Put this string somewhere before "};" symbol. I put it before Su-33 line:

[ Su_27]        ={{5.501, -0.675, -0.002} ,{    5.439, -0.318, 0.121        } ,{ 5.4, -0.234, -0.154}},

• Than find this block of code further down below (should be starting at line 263 or so):

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = {[indent]         typename = "collection",
       lights = {
           [WOLALIGHT_STROBES]            = {},--must be collection
           [WOLALIGHT_SPOTS]              = {typename = "collection",
                                           lights = {{typename  = "argumentlight" ,argument  = 209},
                                                     {typename  = "argumentlight" ,argument  = 208}}
                                          },
           [WOLALIGHT_NAVLIGHTS]          = nav_lights_default,
           [WOLALIGHT_FORMATION_LIGHTS] = formation_lights_default,
       }
}[/indent]

and replace it with this:

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = default_lights_plane(Su_27)

The second option (shorter and simpler):

Find this block of code (should be starting at line 262 if you haven't modified the file before):

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = {[indent]         typename = "collection",
       lights = {
                                          },
       }
}[/indent]

and replace it with this:

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = default_lights_plane(Su_33)

Description of the bug. It seems to be Su-27 lights aren't described correctly in the Lights.lua configuration file. If I understand correctly, ED is trying to implement better taxi/landing lights, nav lights and so on for Su-27. You can see the description of A-10C lights for instance or Mi-8. Although the proposed solution works perfectly fine there's the third way to eliminate the bug.

This block of code:

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = {
       typename = "collection",
       lights = {
                                          },
       }
}

should be replaced with this:

lights_prototypes[su_27]               = {
       typename = "collection",
       lights = {
                                            lights = {{typename =  "spotlight",    [b][color=Red]connector = "RESERV_SPOT_PTR",[/color][/b]    argument = 209},
                                                      {typename =  "spotlight",    [b][color=Red]connector = "RESERV_SPOT_PTR_2",[/color][/b]    argument = 208}}
                                          },
       }
}

The new portion of code is marked with red color. I borrowed it from Mi-8 code. But this solution isn't that good since it gives weird additional lighting in the cockpit as if you were switching the cockpit lights on (while it's actually off). The thing is it doesn't give you any difference in visual effect of external illumination compared to first and second solutions at all. Obviously, there's something about arguments in the lights description code - we need to know the exact meaning of those in order to implement it correctly. Which is much easier for ED since they know their stuff better. That's why I'm using the solution No.1 so far.

P. S. Of course, you better preserve your original Lights.lua file before you do any modifications. Either make a backup or use JSGME. I use JSGME to keep the original file structure intact.

P. P. S. For those of you who are lazy enough :) I attach my modified Lights.lua file.

Lights.lua

• Like 2

"Never, never, never, never give up", © Sir Winston Churchill.

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm", © Sir Winston Churchill.

For those who still suffer from the bug in Su-27 related to landing and taxi lights - here's the fix working in the latest 1.2.14 update available at the moment.

nice try, however as i wrote earlier:

all the necessary connectors have been removed from the model :doh:

so, earlier connectors were attached to the nose gear strut, with gear up/down animation the light direction changed when the strut was moving

moreover the connector directions were wrong, taxi light must be illuminate forward, 2*landing light must be illuminate downward and slightly to left-side

sign-pic4.jpg