DCS 2.0 - NTTR - Mission Editor - spot mapping - Nellis AFB

SDsc0rch

when you place an aircraft on the map and you designate it to start the mission on the ramp, it is assigned a parking spot on the airfield...

Image_175.jpg

but.. there are a lot of spots! how do you know where on the airfield you will end up by selecting a number in the dropdown list?

well, here you go...

south-west ramps:

Image_170.jpg

east and north-east:

Image_171.jpg

north:

Image_172.jpg

west ramp (fighters):

Image_173.jpg

west ramp (heavies):

Image_174.jpg

so there you go!

you have no excuse now

8)

ps.. i just named these ramps based on their relative location, if they're actually called something else, let me know i'll change it

• Like 4

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks. Will make it much easier to decide where you want to start.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

haha! me too - this will save you time

also, you can see where you can park - ED enabled some spots, and not others...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also - you forgot to mention - helicopters have a specific area in the northern part of the airfield that only work for helicopters, about 12 helo specific parking spots (further North of E01-E06 near and including the [ H ] helipad).

:-)

oh! so you're saying if you are placing an a/c on the map, the list of available spots will be based on that type of aircraft? interesting... the spots i've shown are for the eagle only

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh! so you're saying if you are placing an a/c on the map, the list of available spots will be based on that type of aircraft? interesting... the spots i've shown are for the eagle only

At least between Helicopters and Planes/Jets ... yes! You can't place the Winged Aircraft on the Helicopter slots, and the Helicopters cannot be placed on the Winged Aircraft slots. I think this is an excellent decision.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

At least between Helicopters and Planes/Jets ... yes! You can't place the Winged Aircraft on the Helicopter slots, and the Helicopters cannot be placed on the Winged Aircraft slots. I think this is an excellent decision.

:thumbup:

I believe that is the same way in old 1.2 and 1.5 beta. I know when having airplanes and helicopters on same field I could not put them in any old slot. There were certain ones each could not go into but the other could. Yes, it is a well thought out idea. :thumbup:

Awesome ! Thank you very much.

I guess eventually we will also get to see the aircraft on the tarmac instead of the icons. It would make it much easier to set the direction it is facing etc...

I thought they might have added it to 2.0 but I guess not.

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this !

Same with larger aircraft. You can't place a C-130 or a KC-135 anywhere you'd like. They have limited number of spots.

look what i've started

8)

good job man

(can't rep ya - but you deserve it)

Thanks! All encouragement is good encouragement!

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]