Torque induced yaw

LV-PDD

What are its limits?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Finally I can also share some praise on the fm, what you are describing is what the Gazelles FM does best, much better than i.e. the huey. Apart from the SAS doing magic, it is the vertical stabilizer on the tail generating enough force to counter the torque from the main rotor, easing the power required of the fenestron. I really like how the Gazelles FM simulates this effect. I can confirm it is basically the same in the Bo105 which I got to fly IRL once, pedals not exactly centered at cruise speed, but more centered than not, and I consider it very much plausible that the SAS does the rest to keep it exactly centered in forward flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats the SAS doing it's magic.

It does the same thing with the SAS off.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

It does the same thing with the SAS off.

AFAIK the Gazelle gets a lot of it's forward flight stability (apart from roll) from it's horizontal and vertical tails.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174586...and, please FIX the flight model - please!

If you flil in a bug report using the template and include a track and tacview recording, I can take a look and confirm any problems if necessary.

However, note that the Gazelle module is in beta (so is WIP) and PolyChop are receiving feedback from at least one ex-Gazelle pilot, as well their own contacts/testers. It can take some time before a flight model is considered 'DONE' (i.e. there is still forum discussion on the MiG-21 and A-10C flight models) and developers will often update FM's as and when new information is received or confirmed by RL pilots/engineers.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080