New version of training missions

baltic_dragon

Hey folks,

Over the Christmas break I have worked on the training missions and I have heavily updated the first one and modified the others. The reason for that was that I got a TrackIR for my dad and I was watching him as someone without any experience in DCS going through the training, which gave me a lot of first hand feedback what could be upgraded.

I am making the missions available as a download link below and I will submit them to RAZBAM to include in the next update. Please have a look at them and let me know if you find any problems.

The main changes:

- subtitles for VOs are by default set to be displayed for several minutes now, especially where it is up to the player to advance the training by pressing something or using SPACE BAR. That gives you much more time to go through the text over and over again - it won't disappear quickly anymore (with the exception of those parts which are clearly descriptive and are placed one after another and played without any input from the player)

- in M1 I've added some missing stuff (uncaging the ADI, turning on the radios, using sound alarm switch and running the lights test) and highlighted more of the knobs and switches.

- (02/01/2017) I have removed some typos and updated the names of the missions (the second part won't be really noticable, but can prevent potential problems with future updates)

- (04/01/2017) Fixes to Mission 8 (bug with bombs not releasing fixed, added new line about the need to switch on the radar to EM mode and removed part about the need to change it to TAS, as it is set to it by default)

Enjoy and happy new year everyone!!

NEW TRAINING MISSIONS PACKAGE (04/01/2017)

Many thanks to Redglyph, Maulkin, Azrayen and others who gave me a lot of useful feedback on the training!

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks I'll try these out right away! :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Hi BD,

Just flew mission two. Kind of scary because I didn't figure innitially I had to lead the element initially, but finish it all right. Loved it.

BTW, pretty nice to have the briefings in PDFs. Helps a lot.

May I make a humble suggestion. Put the briefing text on the beginning of the PDFs. I am sure it will increase immersion. Well, just a thought anyway.

Tks a lot and looking forward to proceed.

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Nice work, baltic_dragon !!!

Please, where do I have to install it? I can see missions files and a lua file.

Thanks You.

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Hi baltic dragon,

are these training missions interactive? I mean, are the buttons, switches etc. highlighted that you have to press?

I`m still no owner of the Mirage, but I saw a youtube video about mission 1 of your M-2000C campaign and I am really impressed by that immersion (as I was with your Enemy Within campaign) and I surely could need some good training missions before starting the campaign (in case I will buy the Mirage).

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi baltic dragon,

are these training missions interactive? I mean, are the buttons, switches etc. highlighted that you have to press?

I`m still no owner of the Mirage, but I saw a youtube video about mission 1 of your M-2000C campaign and I am really impressed by that immersion (as I was with your Enemy Within campaign) and I surely could need some good training missions before starting the campaign (in case I will buy the Mirage).

Yes, they are, you can see an exemple in

. It's very well done, and there are complements of information in the campaign, some more advanced stuff.

Plus, it's a great aircraft, I recommend! :)

• Like 1

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks Redglyph! I think I will give it a try.;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi BD,

Thank you for your great hard work!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

In mission 1 I've noticed that the VHF frequency mode selector is jumping back to it's place (M) and I can't move to the P position. also I cant dial in the numbers myself - they keep jumping back to their original place.

In the original training mission it works normally and also in the "cold and dark" instant action mission.

Many Thanks again! :)

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

ron533

UNCHECK easy comms in options

Thanks! it worked :)

What was the difference with the mission config that here I had to uncheck easy com to make it work, and in the default training - I didn't have to?

Callsign   SETUP

Honestly, I don't know. It shouldn't & didn't work for others in training mission 1 (all the others do not require any work on the radios). But glad you sorted it out. Enjoy the campaign!

Thank you!!! I AM :thumbup:

Callsign   SETUP

• 1 month later...

Just one or two tiny changes I'd make in the training 03 on navigation.

When setting the time to destination, it's worth mentioning that the pilot must click twice on PREP to get the correct waypoint there, otherwise it doesn't work and the extra brackets don't appear on the HUD. It's not obvious to detect why. :)

It's probably best to tell that the RD isn't implemented yet, after all the training is for "beginners " who are probably not aware of the missing features. ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...