[Request] Start from ground

Winterz

Hey there, I dont know if it has already been asked but:

Could we have a "Start from Ground" option as the harrier and helicopters for the Viggen?

It would be really interesting for a lot of scenarios, allowing mission editors to put planes on roads and stuffs.

:smilewink:

There is a mod around which will let you take off from ground.

Yes, but it would be nice to just select "Start from Ground" just like it is possible for helos and the Harrier, so you won't need a mod.

+1 for OP

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, but it would be nice to just select "Start from Ground" just like it is possible for helos and the Harrier, so you won't need a mod.

+1 for OP

+1 from my side, I would love to have this option as well, though I would say "Start from Road", because placing in on the ground makes the airplane get stuck in grass (most probably)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there, I dont know if it has already been asked but:

Could we have a "Start from Ground" option as the harrier and helicopters for the Viggen?

It would be really interesting for a lot of scenarios, allowing mission editors to put planes on roads and stuffs.

:smilewink:

+1 This is really a must have feature for mission builders on all DCS Maps

Please add it as a standard feature.

Edited by Boomer_QLD
Corrected my poor grammar

I believe reading in another thread where Cobra mentioned that it will come. He even claimed that they wanted it from the start but due to limitations in DCS back then it could not be done. Then it fell in oblivion. Now when they managed to add it to the Harrier it have been brought up to the surface again.

Edit:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3344481

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Far less robust / non-VStol aircraft have been known to train on flying onto and off of highways.

There are several areas of Interstate in Nevada where anything in the sim could launch / recover.

"Start From Ground" makes perfect sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 4 weeks later...
just checking, but you can do this anyway yourselves, just in the mission screen :)

I know you already know that?

Mission screen?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

yea left that a bit eh? can you not just when making a mission add fuel and ammo trucks to a straight road then use that ?
People have been able to land on roads and "connect" to a helicopter FARP by placing a wheel on it and rearm/refuel. That's not the question here. They whant to start the mission on ground. Whenever you select start from runway, start from ramp, start from parking hot and so on, the aircraft will be automatically relocated to nearest airport.

A long shot: Would it be possible to place the Viggen over a road with the starting waypoint as flyover and make the speed 0 and AGL 0?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5