Su-25T Cockpit Mod Questions

I finally updated from 1.5 to 2.5 and the first thing that jumped at me was the horrible opaque HUD smudge that basically prevents me from seeing details.

I've tried the cockpit by Pied Piper on Reddit, but it either doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have a fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same issue after installing 2.5 and trying the “landing-difficult” training mission. The central part of the HUD was impossible to see through and I was effectively blind. I some had visibility to the left right, and appreciated some of the upgraded lightning and rain graphic effects but it was otherwise possible to fly. I had to roll back to 1.5 and will wait until this release is out of beta

I've tried the cockpit by Pied Piper on Reddit, but it either doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

It does work, you have to put its files into a folder on /saved games/DCS.openbeta/liveries/Cockpit_Su-25T and then it will show up on the settings as a custom cockpit, like this:

fr33tFe.jpg

NoZJ3oe.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Please link someone the cockpit with the clean HUD.

You can get it from my stash: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gvhoGeDVpMTHYQJBig

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Your mod is perfect, but I use russian cockpit. Which file(s) have to copy from your mod to orig SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

I really dont know, I'm not the Mod's author, that would be Pied Piper ... I only shared the copy that I had of this Mod :(

It's OK!

We made the mod with original russian cockpit.

Here is the link: Russian Clean HUD ...

Nice ... thanks a lot for sharing with the community :)

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre baked reflection not as same in real life, in sim hard to view from another angle, and the opaque picture is not changing as is should. The transparency is less.

I greatly appreciate if someone update the clear HUD mod.

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Posted garbage beforehand. HUD brightness depends on the time of mission start. At 0600 hours the green HUD symbology is severely dimmed down when you start up one of the FC3 aircraft. Rctrl+Rshift+H turns it up. Just in case someone is as slow as me in getting this and thinking its a bug :)

Edited by sc_neo

:huh:. I just do this really small mods because I am aesthetically quite picky...

After, it does not take much effort to share with the rest in case anybody else is interested.

IMO Su-25T is indeed a great free module with already a lot to offer, It just needs a bit of attention from ED, at least to update it's exterior model shaders.

Will worth a nice "remake" like the one done for the MiG-29.

In any case, you are welcome tovivan!:)

• 2 weeks later...