Corrupted textures on 2.5.4

Nealius

Probably need to put in a ticket to just see if it's going to be fixed. Or if that's what we are living with from now on?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Ok, I put in a ticked on this .bmp.dds and .tga.dds problem. Apparently they have it fixed. Here is what they said in reply to my Support Ticket:

Hello,

"If this is going to be fixed that is great." (he's quoting my question here)

as I know, it's already fixed in the dev's internal DCS version

please wait a patch in future releases

--

Best regards,

Andrey Filin

Eagle Dynamics IT Team

So I would not go off and fix all your liveries.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Last update applied this morning and the issue is still here.

If Andrey Filin said that the issue is fixed in internal, why havn't fixed it for all with this last update ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Last update applied this morning and the issue is still here.

If Andrey Filin said that the issue is fixed in internal, why havn't fixed it for all with this last update ?

Because the update that you had applied this moring was, for OpenBeta, released last wednesday. Changes for that update were collected and prepared for release a couple of days prior that. So if the fix wasn't in, it wasn't probably quite ready for release back then when they did that.

Because the update that you had applied this moring was, for OpenBeta, released last wednesday. Changes for that update were collected and prepared for release a couple of days prior that. So if the fix wasn't in, it wasn't probably quite ready for release back then when they did that.

We are talking about the 2.5.4.26552, right ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

When he says "please wait a patch in future releases", you shouldn't read that as "please wait a patch in the next release".

Sometimes it takes several releases.

Sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Now, they have transferred the issue in the release before having fixed it.

Thanks ED !

What about today's release? Did they corrected that? (if anyone had time to test this out?)

took a quick look at it on the editor.

nothing has changed of course

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Then pls show us how to do that .

Removing weapon blk extension fixed some skins and some of them are still buggy.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Many 3rd party skins are different. Some are simplistic made from the supplied templates and others, especially the older ones, are more individually complex.

In simple terms check the description.lua. Files in lines set as 'false' should be in the skin pack and okay.... so concentrate on lines set to 'true' These relate to core files within DCS itself normally C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\???'

Some of these core file names have been changed and this causes the issue.

i.e. uh1_tail_spec.bmp.dds was changed to uh1_tail_spec.dds- and therefore the skin MOD cannot find the correct file. Edit the description.lua to reflect these changes and all should be good.

Note the .dds extension is omitted in the description.lua text so uh1_tail_spec = uh1_tail_spec.dds.

Hope this helps somewhat...

SIGBLOCK.png

I don't know how to manipulate or fix dds file. So not easy for me. Additionally there is the problem on the 3rd party gauges. So I reverted to 2.5.3

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I don't know how to manipulate or fix dds file. So not easy for me. Additionally there is the problem on the 3rd party gauges. So I reverted to 2.5.3

Actually this is more easy to fix than you probably think,take it from me,I was correcting some of mine today.

Go into the folder of the skin,and where you see any file that ends in BMP or TGA rename those three letters to DDS.You will also have to correct the ' Description ' file too,but this is all very simple stuff.

If you scared of messing up,simply make a copy of the skin folder first,you can't go wrong.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

mainl if it says false its using a file somewhere else, the true ones are your files, and on the Lua....edited in notepad++ you will see they say for example pilot.........dds.bmp check that with your file pics, edit them(rename just delete 4 spaces .bmp do the same on the Lua save and voila

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

many of the skins fixed but still having problems pilot and hardpoint textures.

most of them don't have pilot textures but i guess using some other pilot files

are these files following ones_? i couldn't find bmp files in liveries folder. what should i do?

{"uh1_weapon", 0, "uh1_weapon.bmp", true};
{"pilot_UH1_01", 0, "pilot_UH1_01.bmp", true};
{"pilot_UH1_02", 0, "pilot_UH1_02.bmp", true};

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, nothing upsets people more than putting hundreds of hours into skins only to have them corrupted due to them being "cleaned up" for whatever reason. I've got about 100 personal huey skins that I've made, think of how much fun it is for me to go through and re-edit the LUA files, might as well get paid because that is work and not why I enjoy DCS. Really, if they are about to make changes like these it should at least be communicated with the community first so we have a bit of a clue instead of being left to figure it out ourselves.

Now that I have made my opinion clear, why exactly are my skins shiny? I mainly do US Army Huey schemes and they are meant to be FLAT, I mean NO SHINE AT ALL. My uh1_spec.dds is set to be as flat as can be but I'm still seeing unrealistc shine in the sim. Since I only come back to DCS once in a long while to pull my hair out and it's hard to remember what is broken or not broken am I correct in thinking that with the new engine there is almost no way of getting a completely flat finish on the aircraft now?

UPDATE:

The fix for the unrealistic body shine can be found in the thread "Body texture too shiny" in this section, thanks for that fix gentlemen.

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10