[FIXED INTERNALLY] Dumb bomb break X - dud

default123

Hi everybody,

First post here and excuse the possibly stupid question. When doing some very low bombing runs using MK-8x bombs if i dip below the the pull up cue and get the break X on the HUD, any bombs I drop never detonate on impact. I have previously surprised myself, becoming a cloud of firey aluminium when i released below the pull up cue and blew myself up. I'm guessing this was edited in a recent update to include a minimum fuzing for a safe escape of the A/C from the blast. Have i missed something in the fuzing settings? I have been pouring over the manuals and guides but haven't found anything specifically about this but apologies if I've missed something. Anybody know if its possible to drop a bomb that will blow even if you've got a break X up?

Many thanks

Other than dud logic being broken on high drag bombs it seems to be working normally. If you are trying to drop regular Mk-8x from very low you aren't employing them correctly you need to get up higher.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I had your same question and the answer is that before it did not work correctly and now yes. It seems that we now have restrictions on altitude, speed and angle of attack. Finally Wags contributed a video explaining the correct way of pre-armed and attack.

A greeting.

Other than dud logic being broken on high drag bombs it seems to be working normally. If you are trying to drop regular Mk-8x from very low you aren't employing them correctly you need to get up higher.

I had your same question and the answer is that before it did not work correctly and now yes. It seems that we now have restrictions on altitude, speed and angle of attack. Finally Wags contributed a video explaining the correct way of pre-armed and attack.

So the minimum altitude for releasing any other bomb (beside sneakeyes) is 1500' AGL? I don't think so......there's a reason you can set 300, 500, 800 etc on the VT. And why can you use those low altitudes on all other airplanes like A10C, AV8B, M2K, while only F-18 has a 1500' limitation?

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I talked about this to a few people. It seems that the break X is safeing weapons. Unfortunately ED forgot about the snakeyes and Yankees. In short, its a bug right now.

~Bailey

So the minimum altitude for releasing any other bomb (beside sneakeyes) is 1500' AGL? I don't think so......there's a reason you can set 300, 500, 800 etc on the VT. And why can you use those low altitudes on all other airplanes like A10C, AV8B, M2K, while only F-18 has a 1500' limitation?

You're right, maybe it does not depend as much on the height as on the angle of attack. I recognize that for me it is very annoying, but I had many bad habits using the MK83 without restrictions.

Maybe it's failing, waiting for someone from the ED team to confirm it.

Edited by atazar