[REPORTED] FW 190 LOD bug

Vander

I also noticed this today after the latest OB patch, never happened before. I'm using VR and did a quick and dirty video of it, this bug is not visible from the F2 view for me(start of the video), only from the F1 cockpit view.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I also noticed this today after the latest OB patch, never happened before. I'm using VR and did a quick and dirty video of it, this bug is not visible from the F2 view for me(start of the video), only from the F1 cockpit view.

Why are VR users allowed to put their heads in impossible positions? Seems an unfair advantage.

Why are VR users allowed to put their heads in impossible positions? Seems an unfair advantage.

I actually stand up and moved to the sides to look that way, if i would have done that in flight i wouldn't be able to use my pedals or the HOTAS -> i would crash ;) :beer: But if you have enough space you can actually leave your cockpit and look/go around your aircraft. What i discovered is that you can put your head through the windows which is not possible with TrackIR...that is a little immersion killing for me and for you MP guys maybe a little advantage for the one with VR but you can't check your six that quick and easy in VR as with TrackIR. Thats actually real work in VR instead of a little glance to the left or right, so it evens out overall.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I actually stand up and moved to the sides to look that way, if i would have done that in flight i wouldn't be able to use my pedals or the HOTAS -> i would crash ;) :beer: But if you have enough space you can actually leave your cockpit and look/go around your aircraft. What i discovered is that you can put your head through the windows which is not possible with TrackIR...that is a little immersion killing for me and for you MP guys maybe a little advantage for the one with VR but you can't check your six that quick and easy in VR as with TrackIR. Thats actually real work in VR instead of a little glance to the left or right, so it evens out overall.

I can see it clearly with TrackIR and my butt firmly in my seat. (But yeah, VR should have the same head position limits as any other view mode.)

• 3 weeks later...
That's reported and acknowledged since day one.

S!

This was introduced a couple weeks ago and was not visible with the EA release.

This was introduced a couple weeks ago and was not visible with the EA release.
OP 6-21st. Quite a time now.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

OP 6-21st. Quite a time now.

S!

Yes, around 3 weeks ago. But that doesn't change the fact that this bug was introduced later and was not present from the EA start. ;) :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

i think that word "bug" is overused way to much we have to come out with some kind synonym for 'bug" word what do you think ppl

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Does the name change anything that a problem or error exists and has still not been fixed?

An error that I can "see" at any time weighs in my opinion just as much in daily use as errors of a more hidden nature, such as the problem with the jumping out fuses.

So the machine stays in the hangar for now. That is and remains just the danger with early access.

If they would Limit VR Position, then we (VR users) would most likely throw up on the desk. The bounds are hit pretty easily, especially in ww2 fighters. So if the view would get stuck, even just for a short time, that is not a very pleasant feeling. You got the resolution advantage, we the movement

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals