[TRACK REQUIRED] NWS toggle with wheels on deck locks up aircraft

Nealius

After trapping the Hornet, I tap the NWS button to engage NWS, press and hold again for high gains, taxi clear of the deck to the dearming area.

Every single time, when I release the NWS button, the radar will lock up an aircraft. Subsequent presses of the NWS button to disengage/engage NWS and NWS HI will cycle through contacts on the radar.

I don't believe this should be happening with WoW and on the deck.

This is something I'm curious about too. If you watch the HUD repeater in theis video you can see an L&S box appear on the HUD after he presses the NWS button.

Video removed as per posters request

Edited by Swiftwin9s

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

After trapping the Hornet, I tap the NWS button to engage NWS, press and hold again for high gains, taxi clear of the deck to the dearming area.

Every single time, when I release the NWS button, the radar will lock up an aircraft. Subsequent presses of the NWS button to disengage/engage NWS and NWS HI will cycle through contacts on the radar.

I don't believe this should be happening with WoW and on the deck.

it does look like WoW is not being taken into account when pressing the NWS/undesignate control, making it carry out both functions, whether it makes any sense to do so or not

This should not be happening with WoW. Right now, the entire radar interface seems to ignore the WoW sensor, the only exception being that you get the cross at the bottom left, but the radar is still emitting and locking/tracking.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Another thing is that the radar seems to bypass if the page is even pulled up. What I've found is that if the TDC is assigned to the radar, and then that specific display is changed to another page, the NWS button will still send a command the radar as-if it were still displayed. Pretty sure I can replicate it, I'll try and track a track posted soon.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

At this point I'm tempted to turn the radar completely off in the pattern, but in the past I've had the radar continue to show bugged targets/lock targets even when switched off!

Unfortunately for you this will not help this bug. I got this yesterday and I had the FCR in SIL long before landing but as soon as I hit NWS to trigger HI with wings folded it locked up a helicopter in front of me. With WoW... With FCR NOT transmitting... In theory.

Track required? It's easy enough to test on your own....

Putting radar in SIL mode prevents the radar from locking contacts, but shouldn't WoW automatically do that/turn the radar off?

It doesn't prevent this bug from occuring oddly enough. Got it yesterday on the deck of a SC with FCR in SIL.