Head camera vibration and movements - Question -

Legolasindar

The videos do not see that the movement of the helicopter, tremors and turbulence affecting the camera, and although the graphic detail of the cabin is great that the total lack of head movement that we do seem to a cabin 2D.

If the head had that kind of movement and vibration when we suffer such high levels G make the player is immersed much better in the simulator gives us the feeling of being inside the cabin and noted everything that happens on the machine.

I understand that with the buttons clickables that vibrate or camera moves, would click on the button difficult, but may have a solution or intermediate point. Besides it is necessary to think that in combat is not what we are going to use the buttons cabin, but to do so we will have programmed with the joystick buttons essential for combat, that is to use the interactive booth in situations of relative calm, so that we will not be affected by these movements of the helicopter, at least not very strong.

It was commented that the simulator is completed, but I would like to take this aspect into consideration, thank you and sorry for my bad engilsh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

yeah, I know what you mean...this is modelled quite subtly in FSX , could be a good idea..

It's just another set of cue's to help with immersion, even if the effect is very very subtle, the parallax of the 6dof cockpit would play it up REALLY well..

I don't know how this would play with TIR though

Sounds good. Would be nice when you fire as well that it shakes a bit on rocket release etc. Small subtle shakes. Maybe there allready is on firing? Im not too deep into whats done so far. Trying to keep up though.

Nice idea however. Brings more realism for sure.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Black Shark still uses the cockpit jiggle effect and the "natural head motion" effect as seen in LO. In addition, there is an added head roll effect, where the pilot rolls his head automatically to compensate for aircraft roll.

All of these are optional and can be turned on/off in-game while flying.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Black Shark still uses the cockpit jiggle effect and the "natural head motion" effect as seen in LO. In addition, there is an added head roll effect, where the pilot rolls his head automatically to compensate for aircraft roll.

All of these are optional and can be turned on/off in-game while flying.

Roll is only feature added to BS? What about small rear/front head movement when accelerating or decelerating? Maybe not so hard movements like in FSX but it would be nice to have feature like this one.

• ED Team
Roll is only feature added to BS? What about small rear/front head movement when accelerating or decelerating? Maybe not so hard movements like in FSX but it would be nice to have feature like this one.

Hmm, i'm not even sure you would experience this in real life. To move forward in the KA-50, you just point the nose a little down. The engine isn't *that* powerful, so it's not like you're using an afterburner to move forward :P

Hmm, i'm not even sure you would experience this in real life. To move forward in the KA-50, you just point the nose a little down. The engine isn't *that* powerful, so it's not like you're using an afterburner to move forward :P

I can imagine. I said SMALL movements. I worry about future modules.

A helicopter has no acceleration of a fighter combat, but still possesses acceleration. It has a maximum speed of 390 km / h approx. Moreover is subjected to high G forces in all directions, so if the head is subjected to these movements, in addition to the constant vibration and variant of the apparatus.

Last night I was thinking about a good solution to implement all these effects and will not affect us to press the buttons. The method would always be live this purpose, and if we push of a button, you can press and keep the right mouse button which negates movement while maintaining pressed. It is a very simple solution and practices.

Sorry for my english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Yes...... maybe asking for it in many many occasions gived it's fruits after all... ;) Thanks that is a good news It's very very important to implement this into BS this way each plane in the future have this ability and ofcourse at different levels.. got the experience

Need help? i'm here.;)

You all have real life experience in a kind of way with it:

The next time you use your washing machine just lean against it and you will see that your 'soft' body will compensate the most effect of the shaking that your head and neck will stay mostly still and your brain will also merge most of the shaking that is still left.

Only when you will press your head directly against it your sight will react how many of you described it here and I think that isn't the position like you want to fly a helicopter!

My opinion is that these kind of effects are nice in a 'static' First person shooter , but they have nothing to do with real life ( I also fly quite often with a Cessna 172).

Just leave them to Hollywood.

The (G)acceleration-forces are very good simulated.

-just my opinion.

What about the "subtle" fast shake when firing the gun or letting rockets/missiles off? I just see it everytime i watch a video recording from cockpit. So since the persons hand that are filming it shakes ca 1 second i take it the whole heli shakes when firing? That wouldnt in my opinion be an annoying thing nor unrealistic. But again - i never flown an attack helicopter and even less fired rockets/guns/missiles from one.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Well last time i check flying Mig15 or in the Yak9U which are far different than a Scessna 172 , in yak using the small ww2 helmet to ovoided my head to wank all over the canopy because due to head movements..This is why there are pads little bit everywhere. Your head is not a wood stick it will act and move around, you cannot fly with all your muscles cramped for the whole flight.. This is why i asked this for years now same with turbulences frotements and air stiffness which are very different than a fishing boat on the water.. well actually a high speed boat would represent better a good way.. ;)

I don't wanted to smaler your point here,

- I just wanted to say that this is very well simulated- That's what impressed the FSFX guys most right from the beginning at Simware show '08, because they could 'fell' the weight and acceleration of the beast. So you are some kind able to fly it with your back.

Something you hardly can show in a video.

As described our own body dampen much of these vibrations, including eye that still focusing properly, and yet we can not compensate all the vibration and forces G. I have also flyed and piloted a Cessna, and the abrupt maneuvers suffer many shocks, for example in an almost mincing you are launched vertically upwards. This does not mean you have to submit to the camera to large movements, but if that would have small movements and vibrations at certain times, which in addition to more realistic would also more immersion in a pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]