Cougar Profile for BS (Level Med-High).

Version 1.3

I create this profile for Hotas Cougar. The zip contains everything you need, the .tmj .tmm and the text .rtf with installation instructions, as well as the jpg with the image you see below to print.

Mirror 1 http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat/magatzem/comunitat/perfils/DCSBlackShark_Viper.zip

Please read text archive with instruction in English, Català and Spanish before use this profile, thanks.

DCSBlackShark_Viper.jpg

Lock Function.

GGT_Lock.jpg

Trimmer Cougar Function.

GGT_Trim.jpg

Trimmer BlackShark Function.

Its similar, but you can read function in FAQ post.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=572028&postcount=33

Change Shkval from H1 to Microstick

Some people asked for change map Shkval to Microstick , you need set you Microstick Axis inside the DCS:BS, same of other Axis of you Cougar, but first you need change this code in my profile:

MIY /I 3 Spotlightright ^ Spotlightleft
/O 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSX(3-) MSX(3+) MSX(0)
MIX /I 3 Spotlightdown ^ Spotlightup
/O 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSY(3-) MSY(3+) MSY(0)

For this:

MIY /I 3 Spotlightright ^ Spotlightleft
/O
MIX /I 3 Spotlightdown ^ Spotlightup
/O

But you lost Mouse in Microstick, if you like have Shkval and Mouse in microstick, you can use this:

MIY /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSX(3-) MSX(3+) MSX(0)
/O
MIX /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSY(3-) MSY(3+) MSY(0)
/O

Now you have Skhkval in MS and Mouse in MS with S3.

IMPORTANT

Please note Codex can lost format in this forum, check all the codex is correct before use. Foxy have one option for check format named Compile Joystick File (F11 key).

DCS: Black Shark Keyboard mini-list (1 sheet 1 face).

As the list of keys that took 9 sheets (both sides), I created the list, on a single sheet, on one side only.

They are all keys, except Views, Cheats, General and Labels, which keys are unimportant. Anything that controls the Ka50 is included.

The very small size of the letter was necessary, but as a quick reference, not something to consult often do not bother.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E6OL070E

Edited by Legolasindar
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for this mate, just one question, in your instructions it says place the DCSBlackshark_Viper.lua file into the bs folder, I cant seem to find that file all i have is a Jpeg, Rich text instructions, and the TMJ and TMM file. Could yu please tell me where to find the other.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

cheers for this mate, just one question, in your instructions it says place the DCSBlackshark_Viper.lua file into the bs folder, I cant seem to find that file all i have is a Jpeg, Rich text instructions, and the TMJ and TMM file. Could yu please tell me where to find the other.

Cowboy10uk

Sorry is my incorrect instructions :P, ignore this point. Place all archives in Foxy\Files. Thanks for advice incorrect readme.

I re-uploaded ZIP with correct instructions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Don't worry seems to work fantastic without it, Great job, this has to be the best cougar profile i have ever used, it works perfect.

Cheers

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thanks for the profile, I will be getting my dvd copy soon as I have a close friend married to a nice Russian girl here nearby, and Sveta's family has already shipped me two copies to me from Russia.

Looking forward to trying this sim out.

Would be nice if the moderators made a sticky thread for "Cougar Profiles", "Saitek Profiles", "CH Profiles" since there seems to already be several threads each, and this would make it easier to find help for each joystick and answer many questions that would be repeated by many...especially once the western version is released.

Just a thought.

Edited by Talon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be nice if the moderators made a sticky thread for "Cougar Profiles", "Saitek Profiles", "CH Profiles" since there seems to already be several threads each, and this would make it easier to find help for each joystick and answer many questions that would be repeated by many...especially once the western version is released.

Just a thought.

There is already a sticky concerning key commands and HOTAS assignments, so for the time being it would be best if people use that to post their profiles.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32467

Downloaded, and I don't even have BS yet!

I'll visualise the movements to learn the keystrokes!

Just kidding :D

Thanks mate, very useful!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

You have new version. I changed two functions:

- Light Landing, which was in H4 Up (S3 in), I've replaced by standby Laser On / Off, which is used very often, not like the one that almost never.

- HUD modes, which was in H2 Up (S3 in,) I've replaced by PRTs Send / Memory. Datalink button is used to send information, and to accept that we receive. HUD modes are not changed except when we're going to throw bombs, which is seldom. However accept information Datalink becomes very often, so it's better to have easy access to the button.

Please report my any bug. Thanks all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So version 1 is good for a stand cougar with springs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

maybe some one could youtube a video of what the cougar is suppose to do when you push the trimmer. if i am on the ground and fully started and i push the trimmer button and look at the 3d joystick it just moves forwards and keeps moving farther forward every time i push it, and i am not touching the cougar at all, if i push the trimmer in flight and pull the cougar back,the 3d stick just snaps back to the center.. maybe i am missing something here but when in flight i try not to touch the trimmer at all cause it usally cause me to nose dive to the ground...

Yup, that would considerably help me to understand this!

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gah I thought I had understood the trimmer.

What advantage does using cougar trimmer over in game trimmer have?

I don't understand what lock/unlock cougar and trim cougar are for?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]