Basic Flight Training, Day one

I made this one for personal use, but I figued some of you need just a blank mission... no fighting.... just flying. Im building a basic training Campain, this is just a Shell of what Im Making.

Enjoy:smartass:

BASIC FLIGHT Day one.miz

Edited by wolfast

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

ENGLISH ABRIS....AWESOME!!!!

I made this one for personal use, but I figued some of you need just a blank mission... no fighting.... just flying. Im building a basic training Campain, this is just a Shell of what Im Making.

Enjoy:smartass:

HEY! MY ABRIS IS IN ENGLISH!!!!! I couldn't wait, and down loaded the RU release and have been struggling with the language barrier.But after I load up your mission, my mouse overs are in ENGLISH as well as the computer!

I have read, and tweeked the options, but AMERICAN (in russian of course) was not available in the drop down!

THIS IS GREAT! Can I make it work as a default option config?

ONE complaint though....My rudder is stuck hard right, causing me to spin. When I load up the stock training missions, problem goes away.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

HEY! MY ABRIS IS IN ENGLISH!!!!! I couldn't wait, and down loaded the RU release and have been struggling with the language barrier.But after I load up your mission, my mouse overs are in ENGLISH as well as the computer!

I have read, and tweeked the options, but AMERICAN (in russian of course) was not available in the drop down!

THIS IS GREAT! Can I make it work as a default option config?

ONE complaint though....My rudder is stuck hard right, causing me to spin. When I load up the stock training missions, problem goes away.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

pm sent

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

nice mission:joystick::joystick: pls give us more:pilotfly::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

im working on an entire campain based on training. Im still learning some of the features of the mission builder, Ill have limited Beta soon. Im working out some details. Glad you enjoy the basic BASIC mission;)

30+ years flight sims

it seems some of the waypoints toward the end wont go into the nav. i think after the 6th waypoint

that's because the PVI only stores 6 waypoints. if you don't want to manually put in the 7th off the ABRIS then you can just hit airfield waypoint 2 after the 6th waypoint to navigate to.

• 8 months later...

I am into BS for about a week now and have just started to be able to control the damn thing. Very twitchy. I was looking for something like this mission to just learn my way around. I now can control the copter and have begun to work on navigation issues. So I have a question for you. As I understand, the ABRIS and the PVI do not talk to each other so I am a little confused on this mission. In the ABRIS there is a green path with wp numbers. There are also way points programed in the PVI. Are they the same? When I try to follow the ABRIS green lines, the little circle in the heads up display wants me to go a different route than the green line. As a result, I am confused. Are there settings on the PVI that I need to change?

Otherwise, so far this lesson has been a great help in just learning to fly around.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Excellent, I've been trying to set up a mission with a 'cold start' and failing all morning!

For the type of waypoint you'll want to choose takeoff from parking, not runway.

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

I am into BS for about a week now and have just started to be able to control the damn thing. Very twitchy. I was looking for something like this mission to just learn my way around. I now can control the copter and have begun to work on navigation issues. So I have a question for you. As I understand, the ABRIS and the PVI do not talk to each other so I am a little confused on this mission. In the ABRIS there is a green path with wp numbers. There are also way points programed in the PVI. Are they the same? When I try to follow the ABRIS green lines, the little circle in the heads up display wants me to go a different route than the green line. As a result, I am confused. Are there settings on the PVI that I need to change?

Otherwise, so far this lesson has been a great help in just learning to fly around.

Hey Sobe,

Yeah, you are right, the PVI and Abris are two allmost completely seperate systems (think of the Abris as like a GPS sat nav in your car, whilst the PVI is more like a map book and compass).

When a mission creator builds a mission, and sets up waypoints for the player controlled KA50, the game automatically creates the waypoints in both the PVI and Abris systems, however the numbering can be different....Waypoints can be "named" as anything, and this will display in the Abris, however, they will allways be presented in the same way in the PVI

The PVI is contrlled from the keypad on teh right hand side...if you select "nav" and then click on a number (from 1 to 6) , if there is a waypoint setup as that number, it will change the yellow heading bug in the HSI guage (left of the TV display), and also the Heading carrot ^ in your HUD...the HSI is your primary navigation device, and the PVI sets the heading bug on it....the Route autopilot mode uses the PVI/HSI to navigate NOT the Abris.

To select your takeoff point, select "airfld" then "1"...and (if different) to select your landing field press "airfld" and then "2" on the PVI keypad ... once again, this will change the heading bug in the HSI / HUD and give you a range in the top left of the guage...do not forget the HSI / PVI is your PRIMARY navigation device, NOT the Abris

The Abris is contrlled on it's own screen ... click on "nav" and then click "susp" to iterate between different waypoints...the main function of this is to get a secondary bearing , ETA etc... or as a backup navigation device if the PVI is damaged. The ABRIS cannot drive the KA50's autopilot, nor can it update the HUD / HSI.

It may be usefull (for eg) to have the Abris giving Bearing and distance info to a navigation waypoint, but have the PVI / HSI pointing at a target point or return airfield ... potencially useful info for when you need to let other people (ie in multiplayer) where you are without changing the Autopilot destination to find out!

The only place that the two systems (ABRIS and PVI800) interact as far as I know , is in the setting and display of datalink target points, which uses a 3rd system (the datalink) as a middle man.

Whew, hope that makes some sort of sense...if not, keep asking

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this mission. I'm just getting into Black Shark seriously now and this is the first mission I've tried. Quite a nice flight along the coast. I managed to start up, ask for clearances, do a hover test and a takeoff as well as getting the PVI-800 to work.

It all turned to custard when I tried landing at the destination airport and i crashed when i tried to land from hover (skidding sideways etc - got to work on that), but I learned heaps along the way.

Thanks again and please do more!

smith

smithcorp - when landing i always use autohover and then VERY slight cyclic inputs to put me in the middle of the pad.... just my way of doing - not necessarily right.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL