Mirage 2000 livery thread ..... on yer marks !!!

badger66

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if we will add right away:

AM-39

AS-37

BLG-66

Definitely high on my wishlist. More capabilities will mean more flight hours for me. Also, I don't know if it was ever used by the 2000C, but here is a BAP-100 on the prototype (but I prefer those missiles if I had to choose).

BAP1003.jpg

Cool*, Will the exports be done aswel?

*Anti-shipping with the Martel...

He probably means the ARMAT variant of the AS-37, which is an anti-radar missile used on the Mirage 2000. I don't think the Martel was ever used by the Mirage 2000. You may be able to use the ARMAT against ships too, but it would probably get detected too early to be very effective.

Note that the AM-39 is the Exocet, so there is your anti-ship missile.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Guys please add those guided missiles, specially the Martel missile!! will add a lot to the fun factor of the plane!! I'm pretty sure that will add a lot of customers too. And If you add the A-G guided munitions hope you can create this cammoed schemes as it will be amazing, I know different marks, but will look so cool for those A-G missions!!

Don't you agree guys??

2392006_zps34fb68be.jpg

2385691_zpsc852ad53.jpg

2387225_zps8fc979f5.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Guys please add those guided missiles, specially the Martel missile!! will add a lot to the fun factor of the plane!! I'm pretty sure that will add a lot of customers too. And If you add the A-G guided munitions hope you can create this cammoed schemes as it will be amazing, I know different marks, but will look so cool for those A-G missions!!

Don't you agree guys??

Yes, I agree, but it should be the AS-37 ARMAT, not the AS-37 Martel. As far as I can tell, the Mirage 2000 never used the Martel version.

As for laser guided weapons, maybe they will be willing to do a payed avionics upgrade to the 2000-5 standard at some point.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Remember that the 2000/C is an A-A fighter and was not created for A-G missions. Pics above are from a 2000/D

You have a funny way of reading my posts. Read please the part that says...

...If you add the A-G guided munitions hope you can create this cammoed schemes as it will be amazing, I know different marks, but will look so cool for those A-G missions!!

I love that green camo.

Me too.

I agree with both of you. The 2000C was meant for A-A combat, but my air force is fresh out of the 2000D, so I will have to use the 2000C to fill that gap. It would look cool in the green camo while I am at it.

Specially cool If we can do proper A-G mission with it.

The 2000C S-5 (with RDI radar, which is air to air only) lacks the ability to do "proper" A/G duties.

I'm not sure the Exocet (AM-39) does actually work on a RDI-equipped Mirage.

With the older RDM radar (older but also capable of A/G), it should have been possible... but that's not a S-5 anymore.

Regarding the ARMAT, why not. This is no more in service, and was not used on Mirage 2000s by the french air force, but why not.

Regarding the 2000D green camo: well, sure, both are Mirage 2000s but I for one would feel it unrealistic to have a green one-crew Mirage 2000.

Mirage 2000D (and N) are only two-crew, with a pilot and NOSA (WSO). Without the WSO, you can't fight A/G in this aircraft. And systems/avionics are different (and not just a bit) between the two versions.

Cheers

spacer.png

The 2000C S-5 (with RDI radar, which is air to air only) lacks the ability to do "proper" A/G duties.
That really depends upon what you consider "proper". Sure, we won't be able to precision bomb things from 30000 feet, but there is nothing wrong with old fashioned low level airstrikes and visual target acquisition. A dead tank doesn't care how sophisticated its killer was.

I'm not sure the Exocet (AM-39) does actually work on a RDI-equipped Mirage.
I don't think it works with RDI, but this post is probably why it was mentioned as a possible weapon.
Yes on the Greek and Brazilian, but the exotic ones, Indian have the different setups, which is no.
The Greek Mirage 2000 was modified to carry the Exocet.

Regarding the ARMAT, why not. This is no more in service, and was not used on Mirage 2000s by the french air force, but why not.
Here is a French 2000C carrying two ARMATs.

QBJVgZ6.jpg?1

Regarding the 2000D green camo: well, sure, both are Mirage 2000s but I for one would feel it unrealistic to have a green one-crew Mirage 2000.
The green camo was also used on the single seat Mirage III. It would be a fictional skin.

Without the WSO, you can't fight A/G in this aircraft.
That is completely incorrect. Many of the single seat export variants used A/G without a WSO. The single seat 2000-5 is also fully A/G capable. A WSO certainly makes things easier though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks VincentLaw, a A-G capable fast jet will be a grest addition, specially if we can do SEAD with it. (Would be able to carry one ARMAT plus some cluster bombs?) The cammo skin will be of course fictional, but pretty cool for A-G duties.

Thanks VincentLaw, a A-G capable fast jet will be a grest addition, specially if we can do SEAD with it. (Would be able to carry one ARMAT plus some cluster bombs?) The cammo skin will be of course fictional, but pretty cool for A-G duties.
There are 9 pylons on the 2000C. If you only take one ARMAT, you should be able to load at least 6 cluster bombs (more if we are given the multi-ejectors for them). If you want to go completely all out, stations 1 and 9 can also take rocket pods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That really depends upon what you consider "proper". Sure, we won't be able to precision bomb things from 30000 feet, but there is nothing wrong with old fashioned low level airstrikes and visual target acquisition. A dead tank doesn't care how sophisticated its killer was.

Agreed. "Modern" (i.e. guided/stand-off) would have been a better choice of word than "proper". My mistake.

Here is a French 2000C carrying two ARMATs.

QBJVgZ6.jpg?1

Yes, my bad, I were wrong. But the black nose of this french 2000C denotes it as an RDM (and an early one).

I'm sorry, this is not applicable to RDI.

The green camo was also used on the single seat Mirage III. It would be a fictional skin.

Yes. And a misleading one IMO. My point is that I'm not fond of that (the "misleading" part, not the "fictionnal" one only). But that's just me, you may differ if you wish :)

That is completely incorrect. Many of the single seat export variants used A/G without a WSO. The single seat 2000-5 is also fully A/G capable. A WSO certainly makes things easier though.

By "this aircraft" I meant the one that is WIP by RAZBAM, i.e. 2000C. The -5 versions are a completely different beast, far more advanced (and yes, they can do wonderful in A/G modern role, without a WSO).

Cheers,

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

By "this aircraft" I meant the one that is WIP by RAZBAM, i.e. 2000C. The -5 versions are a completely different beast, far more advanced (and yes, they can do wonderful in A/G modern role, without a WSO).

Cheers,

Az'

And can't those guys simulate a -5 mark? Will be more interesting.

About the skin, man is a request, some guys ask for a US skin, I ask for a cammo skin.

And can't those guys simulate a -5 mark? Will be more interesting.

Agreed on the "interesting" part. But I fear it's also a lot more complicated:

- more complex systems

- more recent systems i.e. more classification issues

I guess that's why they stick with the simpler C variant.

About the skin, man is a request, some guys ask for a US skin, I ask for a cammo skin.

Yeah, sure, that was just me, having spent so much time on the AdA mod for FC2 with an emphasis on the realism of the skins/variants. You're perfectly entitled to differ, I was only stressing the point to avoid, if possible, creating confusion among simmers regarding the different variants actual (IRL) capabilities :)

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

Agreed on the "interesting" part. But I fear it's also a lot more complicated:

- more complex systems

- more recent systems i.e. more classification issues

I guess that's why they stick with the simpler C variant.

That could be part of it, but I am guessing it has more to do with the fact that no flyable airplane in DCS has working ground radar yet.

Yeah, sure, that was just me, having spent so much time on the AdA mod for FC2 with an emphasis on the realism of the skins/variants. You're perfectly entitled to differ, I was only stressing the point to avoid, if possible, creating confusion among simmers regarding the different variants actual (IRL) capabilities :)
A solution to make everyone happy is to put a "(Fictional)" tag in the name of any liveries that have not been used in real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I for one am quite happy with the C variant. I say screw those spaceships with MFDs and ARHs :) I am looking forward to sit in a nice classic cockpit, mix it up in dogfights and do air-ground with dumb bombs.

That could be part of it, but I am guessing it has more to do with the fact that no flyable airplane in DCS has working ground radar yet.

Very probable too.

A solution to make everyone happy is to put a "(Fictional)" tag in the name of any liveries that have not been used in real life.

Why not. But it's not necessary in my view. I was only writing a personnal feeling.

spacer.png