Open beta 1.2.8 goodies

DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

Corrected campaign and single missions.

Emergency jettison switches are now wired correctly.

Fixed swapped buttons on the UV-26.

Hardpoint racks and additional armor can now be disabled.

Full function ADF (MV) ARK-9, ADF (UHF) ARK-UD

added instruments: magnetic compass, G-metr, outdoor thermometer

Woohooo:thumbup:

Love the fact ARK-9 implemented

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed that the ammeters for the rectifier channels and the one under it (generator load) now show load readings. (I still don't get readings on the AN-9 APU/standby gen ammeter left of the DC power panel.) Also, unless I missed it the whole time, the sun's reflection on the 'glass' of the gauges is there too. As noted before, the ARK and the Yadro-1a are functional, which no doubt some mission designers will be all to happy to see. (And I as well, once I figure out how they work.) Also, what looks to be a placeholder at the bottom right of the pilot's panel regarding countermeasures, as well as the beginnings of an additional panel behind the co-pilot to the right of the doppler test panel, which as of now looks more like a smiley face than anything :)

Edited by Strekaya

Hi Imp and Cibit,

Please be so kind to post a short tutorial/explanation once you figured out how the new radio systems/ADF work (what buttons to press to activate them, frequency range, etc.). I usually can't figure it out myself, so I need your help:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

What we need is a complete Belsimetk Manual for all systems and equipment.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi Imp and Cibit,

Please be so kind to post a short tutorial/explanation once you figured out how the new radio systems/ADF work (what buttons to press to activate them, frequency range, etc.). I usually can't figure it out myself, so I need your help:)

Will do mate, though I have a guest house which is very busy at the mo. Hopefully Monday will give me some time to get to grips with it:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made a quick and dirty tutorial until Cibit finds some time to do it properly ;). Far from perfect but it should get the needle working. I wasn't able to setup the radio properly, even though it was on PK1 there was no morse code once the frequency was tuned in.

ARC9.thumb.jpg.0b318395dbf5ea7edfd714093913f3c2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Gate for the description.

But something is wrong with the ADF. When i try to set some ADF frequencies some can be tuned and the RMI point to it and some can´t be tuned and the RMI don´t work.

For example.

I can tune 214 and 493, i can hear the morse code and the RMI points toward the beacon on the Huey, but when i do the same on the Mi-8, i can´t hear no morse code and the RMI don´t point to the beacon.

I don´t know why some beacons works with the Mi-8 ADF and other don´t but un the Huey it seems all beacons works as intended.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Well, there is one, only it's in Russian ;).

I'm having the same problem with the ADF - some beacons work just fine, some don't show up at all, some I can hear, but I can't get the needle to point at them.

Edited by lmp

+1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

and more interactive training missions. For me its much easier to learn from those rather than by reading manuals...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I'm having the same problem with the ADF - some beacons work just fine, some don't show up at all, some I can hear, but I can't get the needle to point at them.

I have tested a couple of signals, both beacons and units broadcasting in the field. All have worked for me so far, but I haven't tested very many yet. Can you give some example beacons that you cannot receive?

Also, would be great if someone reported those in the beta bugs section (even though my bug reports there have been ignored 100% of the time so far...:music_whistling:).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Done:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2037102#post2037102

Hopefully they'll fix it. This thing is fun to use when it works.

Hi Imp,

Many thanks for this. I can confirm that I am having similar problems, sometimes everything works fine, other times I can hear the audio signal, but no reading on the ADF pointer needle.

Let's hope one of the moderators will actually pass this problem on the BST :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An impressive source of information from an officer of the NVA, in German. :smartass:

Google translator can help ... :huh:

http://www.nva-flieger.de/index.php/technik/ffm/geraete.html

Greetings!

Interesting stuff. From your document I gather that what Gate-5 called selection between main and back-up dial (B and D) is actually selection between "near" and "far". Can a Russian speaker weigh in if B and D are indeed the first letters of the Russian words for "near" and "far"'. In any case, I'll play with that switch to see if that helps.

UPDATE: By switching between "near" and "far" (B and D and using the corresponding frequency dials) I can now indeed get an ADF needle deflection on some signals where I could not get a deflection previously. Don't know if it works all the time, but it indeed improves it. Furthermore, the manual attached by P1KW says that what the tool tips refer to as the "loop" setting is actually a "frame" or "body" setting and should be used to cancel out any electromagnetic noise created by the helicopter's metal body. According to that manual you should first select "frame" before moving the dial to "Kompass", this way you null out the electromagnetic noise of the helicopter's metal body.

Edited by wolle
new info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting stuff. From your document I gather that what Gate-5 called selection between main and back-up dial (B and D) is actually selection between "near" and "far". Can a Russian speaker weigh in if B and D are indeed the first letters of the Russian words for "near" and "far"'. In any case, I'll play with that switch to see if that helps.

UPDATE: By switching between "near" and "far" (B and D and using the corresponding frequency dials) I can now indeed get an ADF needle deflection on some signals where I could not get a deflection previously. Don't know if it works all the time, but it indeed improves it. Furthermore, the manual attached by P1KW says that what the tool tips refer to as the "loop" setting is actually a "frame" or "body" setting and should be used to cancel out any electromagnetic noise created by the helicopter's metal body. According to that manual you should first select "frame" before moving the dial to "Kompass", this way you null out the electromagnetic noise of the helicopter's metal body.

Regarding the three modes...

1) Комп stands for compass and is your normal operating mode.

2) Ант stands for antenna and is a test mode. The loop antenna is disabled and fixed in the forward position, and only the nondirectional sense antenna is receiving. You can use this mode to tune the ADF, because you should get a clearer reception, or to test if the loop antenna realigns correctly by alternating between комп and ант mode.

3) Рамка comes from рамочная антенна which literallymeans "frame antenna" but I think the proper English term is loop antenna. It's a backup mode. What it does is it disables the sense antenna and lets you rotate the loop antenna manually with a switch next to the mode knob. To get a bearing you want to point the antenna where the signal will be the weakest. Then the RMI will be pointing either towards the NDB or directly away from it.

My bug report was confirmed by a tester :). Keep your fingers crossed for a quick fix, guys.

Nice work, Imp. One thing I don't understand yet. They confirmed a problem with the frequency tuning. Does that explain why in many cases the ADF audio signal can be heard, but there is no ADF needle deflection? That's not clear to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]