1.2.8 APU Sound

Lizzard

Hey Guys,

ermm..is it just me, or has the Shark since the 1.2.8 update the APU from the MI-8 installed?! At least the sound is the same?!?! :huh:

Not sure if or why it was changed, but funny fact: the APU of the Ka-50 and the Mi-8 (and several other helos) are the same afaik - a " Iwschenko AI-9W". :o)

Not sure if or why it was changed, but funny fact: the APU of the Ka-50 and the Mi-8 (and several other helos) are the same afaik - a " Iwschenko AI-9W". :o)

o.k. then it makes sense..but I liked the old APU sound more :pilotfly::D

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Count me in your protest march. The new one sounds like an asthmatic teenager taking a deep breath when started, and a fart coming from the oldest anus in the universe when shut off. Which is kind of a bummer.

But as you said, if it is supposed to be that way, so be it.

The old APU sound was the one of the A-10 IIRC, so i'd dare say that regarding realism, this is an improvement.

Edit: I could be wrong and the A-10 started out with the Ka-50 APU sound, i'm not sure. Either way, as was mentioned, there are a lot of part similarities betwen the Mi-8 and the Ka-50, among them the APU.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It is realistic, Mi-17 uses AI-9V and Ka-50 uses AI-9 (a tiny bit different version), so it is normal that they both have very similar sound. I am all for it, it is really a nice little change for Ka-50 towards higher realism.

The sound have his importance but is not a capital fact for realism IMO.

It`s like the terrain mods...not really needed, but these tweaks push DCS surely to another level:thumbup:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• 1 month later...

A big THANK YOU!!!!!

KA50 got some fixes and I for one am really happy ED took action on them.

The new APU sound is awesome.

KA-50 is still awesome and even after all these years its still the best flight sim experience for me.

I don't own A-10C so I'll probably get shot down now :P

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

• 2 weeks later...
If it is realistic..it is fine...ahh..I like the updates not mentioned in the Changelog:)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On the fence with the apu after so many years but I like the new engine sound. It look that the audio files are layered more that before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

got to admit the stock rotor sounds for the black shark are terrible.

sounds nothing like a helicopter imo.

The discrepancy between your sounds and the stock ones has always been a mystery to me. After I reviewed your Mustangs sound mod I'm sure your sounds are closer to the real thing, by a league. But with the '50... Have you acquired 50's in-cockpit sounds? Or do you re-create them based on research, adding attenuation and other processing to the external samples in your possession?