Night Flight event

I posted this in the Mi-8 steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCSMi-8/discussions/0/522728086834430544/

Long Night Flight - Multiplayer

Anyone up for a long night flight? I'm thinking about creating a simple mission for a group of players. Ideally I'd like to start at one end of the map in the early evening, land at a farp to refuel, then fly on to a pickup point. After that, return to the farp to refuel, then back to home base. I haven't quite worked out the mechanics and flight times, but if people are interested in doing this as an event, I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Anyone interested? No combat, pure formation flight with lights and voice coms to keep things interesting. Hopefully we can run this after the SAR mission.
Edited by Slazi

Yup, you're right. Done some testing with AI, seems the Mi-8 has around 3 hours of flight time in it. Perhaps starting with low fuel would make things interesting. I definitely want to do it at night, the lights and scenery look great.

Excellent! Looks like we have a good amount of people. Ideally I'd like to host it at a time convient for all. Weekend is best I think. Saturday the 7th perhaps? 1pm UTC? This will give people time to get prepared if possible.

I'll try and host server tests before then to make sure everything is working. I can host on a dedicated pc with a 100mbps fiber connection, so it should be decent for most players. I also have a ts server.

Once we have a departure and arrival airfield/farp decided upon we need to decide on how we find our way.

Will we follow a compass course or NDB's or both. I think depending on numbers we should split into 4 ship multiples, obviously flying together but forming on their own flight leader. A lead pilot should be in charge of navigation so those flying formation need only concentrate on keeping station.

Also having seen TS decend into a free for all, can I suggest when we start mission we have a comms protocol. Nothing draconion but priority goes to flight commander and flight leaders if something important needs to be said.:)

Also for the first time so many fly together perhaps a short daylight mission is run first to iron out any problems. I can think of nothing worse than flying for 2 hours only for something to go wrong that we could have avoided if we had a quick run through

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is my offering for a flight. From Sukhumi to a FARP at Kutaisi then on through the Kashuri gap to Vazani I did it in about 2 hours 10 mins and it is set for 08.00 in spring:)

Fuel set to 43%

mp long distance test run.trk

Screen_140527_114631.thumb.jpg.04aec6ba3e8c2f29e7549e0f8fb1e611.jpg

Screen_140527_110055.thumb.jpg.5d2e5b132d0fab24721d4e54a71f4c2e.jpg

Mi-8 MP night flight.miz

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll throw up a test server now for the next couple of hours.

I'll name it Slazia: NF Test

With an early version of the mission.

You dont need to connect for long - just check it connects if you are free.

- And down. Had a few players join at seperate times with no problems.

Edited by Slazi

I'll throw up a test server now for the next couple of hours.

I'll name it Slazia: NF Test

With an early version of the mission.

You dont need to connect for long - just check it connects if you are free.

- And down. Had a few players join at seperate times with no problems.

I'm in now but can't find it....maybe you logged of already.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It's been a crazy week.

So Saturday the 7th is my current target, if people are able to join. Sunday might also be a possibility.

I'm going to be out the country for three weeks after this weekend, so I wouldn't be able to run the event after then.

I'd like for people to give me availibility below if possible. You can contact me by private message if you'd prefer not to put your times on the forums for some reason. Please give me times in UTC so I don't have to convert everything.

Interested parties:

Cibit

wolf5

Zulumike

Rodd

wolle

I'm happy to run the event with only one other player if it comes down to that.

My availability (UTC) - Event

04:00:00 - 15:00:00 Sat

10:00:00 - 16:00:00 Sun

My availability (UTC) - Sever Test

02:00:00 - 15:00:00 Friday

Please post your availibility even if your times do not match mine. We may find it better for someone else to run the event.

It's been a crazy week.

So Saturday the 7th is my current target, if people are able to join. Sunday might also be a possibility.

I'm going to be out the country for three weeks after this weekend, so I wouldn't be able to run the event after then.

I'd like for people to give me availibility below if possible. You can contact me by private message if you'd prefer not to put your times on the forums for some reason. Please give me times in UTC so I don't have to convert everything.

Interested parties:

Cibit

wolf5

Zulumike

Rodd

wolle

I'm happy to run the event with only one other player if it comes down to that.

My availability (UTC) - Event

04:00:00 - 15:00:00 Sat

10:00:00 - 16:00:00 Sun

My availability (UTC) - Sever Test

02:00:00 - 15:00:00 Friday

Please post your availibility even if your times do not match mine. We may find it better for someone else to run the event.

During the weekend I'm available any time. Maybe 14:00 - 15:00 is also suitable for the test but it is quite uncertain yet.

Thanks for organizing the event, Slazi.