Turn to target 9K121 Vikhr

benargee

Hello, Iv'e been having a problem.

Whenever i use Vikhr missiles with turn to target the helicopter doesn't align with the target for the second shot. Since the Vikhr aiming reticule is different for the left side and the right side it seems like there is a problem.

Is there a solution to this or is it a bug?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

that's a shame, any tips on stationary employment of vikhrs since turn to target doesn't work as I expected?

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

The bad news is that you lose the automatic elevation angle compansation provided by the Missile's Rack.

That is actually incorrect, the only time you can turn it off is if you set the targeting to weapon mode selector to manual, while the manual/auto weapon system control switch, will let you have LA at any distance (the to the left of the burst lenght switch)

• Like 1

Yaw "funktion"

Use the Rudder/Yaw funktion..... it comes for free with every Helicopter or Plane.

Thank you for giving me the least constructive answer in this whole thread. I have fired off of both sides thank you, this was in regards to turn to target. I would think since black shark pilots seem to dislike the fact that black shark is becoming less popular that they would be more than willing to help new pilots. I guess I cant speak for everyone, but people like you are just ruining it for everybody.

As for everyone else, thank you for your answers, they seem like a good compromise to my problem.

• Like 1

Thank you for giving me the least constructive answer in this whole thread. I have fired off of both sides thank you, this was in regards to turn to target. I would think since black shark pilots seem to dislike the fact that black shark is becoming less popular that they would be more than willing to help new pilots. I guess I cant speak for everyone, but people like you are just ruining it for everybody.

As for everyone else, thank you for your answers, they seem like a good compromise to my problem.

And whats the Proplem whith my answer??? Its more meant like a joke.

But if you get ***** of it sorry!

The point is YOU have to fly the KA-50....the KA-50 is not flying for you.

Hold this in mind !!!

Edit: And why the Hell dont you guys use the rudder goddamn!!!

The KA-50 is not made to be a hovering Weapons platform!!!!

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

calm down dude, if they want to fight from a fixed position, let 'em and enjoy the extra PvP kills they give you.

Iam not interessted in kills.

I want that they have joy to fly this lovely thing like it should be flown....But NOOO the first thing they do they are spreading bad rep.

This is what drives me crazy sometimes.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Iam not interessted in kills.

I want that they have joy to fly this lovely thing like it should be flown....But NOOO the first thing they do they are spreading bad rep.

This is what drives me crazy sometimes.

there is a reason why the black shark has turn to target, because its meant to be used at some point. i asked the question because the vikhr missles are very anal on their centre. i never said i refuse to use rudders and that the aircraft should fly itself. the reason why i am saying stationary is for training and using terrain masking for pop up attacks.

Turn to target works for me as intended. Translational speed should be low, zero is best. Yaw channel AP must be on of course. It works.

I never said it didnt work, I said it doesnt line up correctly with both vikhr pylons.

I never said it didnt work, I said it doesnt line up correctly with both vikhr pylons.

correct, turn to target is not intended to provide this function. It only serves to generally align the helicopter with the shkval in the horizontal axis. Where the turn ends depends heavily on your current rudder trim, winds, and sideslip.

Like what's already been said, turn to target merely points you in the general direction of your Shkval's pipper and its purpose is to help you align the helicopter with your target. It's quite useful when you have a few targets spread out in an arch in front of you.

Just don't forget to turn it off when you want to maneuver the helicopter, since it's going to interfere with the Heading Channel of the autopilot. :thumbup:

Hope that helps. Happy flying! :pilotfly:

Hello, Iv'e been having a problem.

Whenever i use Vikhr missiles with turn to target the helicopter doesn't align with the target for the second shot. Since the Vikhr aiming reticule is different for the left side and the right side it seems like there is a problem.

Is there a solution to this or is it a bug?

Thanks.

I will test this theory in a while but I thought I would ask and post a possible solution.. Couldn't we use the HMS to better aim the Shkval to the correct position?? I know if you slew the HMS it moves the Chopper, could be a workaround vs the Rudder??

Thoughts all,,

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I will test this theory in a while but I thought I would ask and post a possible solution.. Couldn't we use the HMS to better aim the Shkval to the correct position?? I know if you slew the HMS it moves the Chopper, could be a workaround vs the Rudder??

Thoughts all,,

um, what? if the helicopter is not lining itself up to the target, moving the shkval piper to force AP to turn instead of using the rudder is just going to take the shkval off target.....:huh:

um, what? if the helicopter is not lining itself up to the target, moving the shkval piper to force AP to turn instead of using the rudder is just going to take the shkval off target.....:huh:

I think he just doesnt understand the proplem really correct.

Which i also did only partwise.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Yes like I said it was just a theory I tried it and it did not work like I thought it would..

Best to just use the rudder to align the piper to get the C to shoot..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

there is a reason why the black shark has turn to target, because its meant to be used at some point. i asked the question because the vikhr missles are very anal on their centre. i never said i refuse to use rudders and that the aircraft should fly itself. the reason why i am saying stationary is for training and using terrain masking for pop up attacks.

He was only sending you a message which you didn't recieve.

The solution is utilize its systems to reduce your workload but still fly the helicopter.

Unlike modern commercial airliners, where you operate systems and fly the aircraft only when regulations tell you to.

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

ignore those that say you can't utilize the ka50 in a hover or that its not supposed to be used that way... you can do so fine and it works great, not everyone plays on team versus team servers and I don't really understand how moving around is gonna keep you unseen from radar regardless, if you hovering directly above the ground there will be some rotor wash that can give you away but you should be harder to spot from many angles for radar guided missiles... come right to it the ka50 wouldn't be employed in situations where an F-15 can come pluck it from the sky to begin with.... so while one argues your using it wrong and you will die on a server one could say well the mission designer is setting the ka50 up for failure if it is indeed such a hostile environment for the ka50 to be wandering about.

ignore those that say you can't utilize the ka50 in a hover or that its not supposed to be used that way... you can do so fine and it works great, not everyone plays on team versus team servers and I don't really understand how moving around is gonna keep you unseen from radar regardless, if you hovering directly above the ground there will be some rotor wash that can give you away but you should be harder to spot from many angles for radar guided missiles... come right to it the ka50 wouldn't be employed in situations where an F-15 can come pluck it from the sky to begin with.... so while one argues your using it wrong and you will die on a server one could say well the mission designer is setting the ka50 up for failure if it is indeed such a hostile environment for the ka50 to be wandering about.

Thank you, people need to realise this sim is not meant to be balanced like mainstream games like battlefield and cod. It's meant to be true to life, there are going to be situations you cannot escape because the aircraft is not designed to be there in the first place.

Where is written moving around is gonna keep you unseen from radar?

Moving around is just better cause.

- You can detect incoming missiles better cause they are not only a spot on your screen so you can better see the trial.

- Evasive manouvers can be done better.

- You are not at the same spot for a longer time.

- You can find targets that where hidden from youself if you are only placing yourself only in one angle to them.(maybe behind a building or trees)

- You can get covered faster for incoming stuff and strike back faster.

Its all how you are doing this by yourself and depends as always on situation.

The negative point is it takes a massive workload cause you have to multitask very fast.

And yes i know it is nearly impossible to fly like this without a Head tracking system and maybe a rudder.

Edit: I really do not want to offend to you guys or something like this.

Iam flying this thing now nearly daily for 5 years and i still love it. So you can be sure iam not talking shit here.

So if you got questions about special things or tactics which are not written in the handbook or wanna do a online Training you can always contact me.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

KA50 and many helicopters like the apache are usually employed from a hover , indeed this is the way the apache attack usually as you can see from many videos and RL operations like Desert Storm. The subtle difference is, you should attack from a hover and quickly change position to a new place where they don't expect you, very much like a sniper change his position.

There are more ways to employ the KA50 but the best way is to always stay away from air defences and tanks hovering from a standoff range hit and change position before the enemy detect your position. And offcourse a hover should not be at 500ft making you visible from everywhere, rather something like 15-20 mtrs.

Edited by falcon_120