#04 - MINI-UPDATE & COLD STARTUP

Cobra847

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 1.2.9 will be skipped entirely. We are going straight to 1.3.0. I believe the Mig-21 will come out then, but who knows. They are being pretty tight lipped lately.

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Version 1.2.9 will be skipped entirely. We are going straight to 1.3.0.

That is no longer correct.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is no longer correct.

Oh... :dunno:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

This is not confirmation of anything, but that is the direction we are leaning towards, that said we still don't know ourselves when we will release.

We are working hard to make this a reality as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, I hope I can keep you entertained enough by providing detailed insights into the aircraft and it's systems modelling, and more raw gameplay. Next up is KH-66 Grom + RSBN Navigation + SAU Autopilot and more, and we'll go from there.

We're also spending some extra time on improving various aspects of our product, and can't wait to show you what we have up our sleeve.

So the MiG-21 module is not finalised and is not undergoing integration into DCS for 1.2.8/1.2.9 as previously stated (with 1.3.0 development "branched off")? That´s what you´re saying, right?

Well, just another case of "when it´s done"...

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

We are currently aiming at adhering to the standardized workflow of releasing the aircraft together with a major point release of DCS.

In my opinion, this SEEMS to possibly be 1.3.0 or higher...

Considering that multiple releases at the same time are avoided so that the sale of one does not affect another...

F-86 may come out as a 1.2.8.XXX patch as speculated to be from July 15-25, if not...then it may probably be a later 1.2.9.XXX update after August 5th.

Then 1.2.9 will most likely be in August 5, which is the release date of Fw190 Dora, which is only 3 weeks away.

The BAe Hawk fits somewhere after this now.

So I expect MiG-21 release by October, around the time of the Autumn sale...at the earliest.

BF-109k is scheduled for October release, but I expect it November/December since release dates are usually missed around these parts.

Meanwhile, I'll keep pretending my Su-25A is a fishbed, while I hunt fighters with the R-60s.

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Considering that multiple releases at the same time are avoided so that the sale of one does not affect another...

F-86 may come out as a 1.2.8.XXX patch as speculated to be from July 15-25, if not...then it may probably be a later 1.2.9.XXX update after August 5th.

Then 1.2.9 will most likely be in August 5, which is the release date of Fw190 Dora, which is only 3 weeks away.

So I expect MiG-21 release by October, around the time of the Autumn sale...at the earliest.

BF-109k is scheduled for October release, but I expect it November/December since release dates are usually missed around these parts.

Meanwhile, I'll keep practicing hunting fighters with the R-60s on my Su-25A.

I'd say that Christmas release of Mig is more realistic - I just hope that it is this year's :-)

I'd say that Christmas release of Mig is more realistic - I just hope that it is this year's :-)

If it takes until X-mas...it better be a MiG-21 LanceR! lol jk >.> but no...really...it better be D;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it's more important to open a new thread just for news and updates where all other discussions are prohibited and will be deleted directly or the thread is locked from the beginning on so that just the developers can post their updates in there.

All the real news here are totally lost between all the speculations and rumors in this thread.

A new date would be nice.. I enter this Forum every day...

How can you have a new date, when there's never been an old date?

Predictions about possible release dates have been announced, but only the FW190-D has had it's release officially announced.

:cry:

In the meanwhile, I hope I can keep you entertained enough by providing detailed insights into the aircraft and it's systems modelling, and more raw gameplay. Next up is KH-66 Grom + RSBN Navigation + SAU Autopilot and more, and we'll go from there.

We're also spending some extra time on improving various aspects of our product, and can't wait to show you what we have up our sleeve. :)

Cheers,

Nick

That sounds good. :)

Nope, apparently it isn't. I'm sure the Leatherneck guys are as sad/angry about it as we all are. But that's just the way it is.

Im not angry at them. Im angry about the system like it is. But that angry makes thinks not go faster. And tahats frustrating too.

What bothers me is that they've set "release dates" twice now which should mean they're pretty close...But then suddenly it seems we have to wait another half a year. And when you've gotten hyped up that's just makes you sad.

Who said you have to wait half a year?

We haven't set any dates apart from March the 28th.

The situation is as it is; but we can't change it. Things are moving along on this final phase, not much more can be noted really.

@Everyone: Don't freak out just because ED is creating an interim patch specifically for the F-86!!

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Meanwhile, I'll keep pretending my Su-25A is a fishbed, while I hunt fighters with the R-60s.

The F-86 is getting released in July, with patch number 1.2.9. Dora is set for August 5th.

Our release schedule is currently not influenced by the VEAO Hawk, nor the C-101.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The F-86 is getting released in July, with patch number 1.2.9. Dora is set for August 5th.

Our release schedule is currently not influenced by the VEAO Hawk, nor the C-101.

I just hope you guys have bought big enough wallets, a lot of money will be coming your way! =)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who said you have to wait half a year?

We haven't set any dates apart from March the 28th.

The situation is as it is; but we can't change it. Things are moving along on this final phase, not much more can be noted really.

@Everyone: Don't freak out just because ED is creating an interim patch specifically for the F-86!!

That is a very interesting perspective that you only set ONE release date, MAY-JUN 2014 IS a release date because if by the end of JUNE you haven't released you have missed your release date.

To put it into perspective, if you bought a car and the dealer told you we will have to you in May or June and it is now the 13th of July, I would bet all the money I have you would say that the dealer did not make his date that he gave you.

Now having said that, I fully understand WHY you didn't make your release dates.

I think what is upsetting a fair number of people is that you guys said , you were releasing with 1.2.8 and that appears not to be true anymore even though you said that integration is what was holding you up and now it looks like 1.2.8 integration has stopped and you guys have moved on to 1.3.0 (which means it could be quite a while till release).

And of course once again you have said "What till you guys see what we have in store", yet we rarely see WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE. you released 1 video (and it was great) a week ago, and we were told another video was coming, and still nothing on that front either.

So right now I will make my own prediction:

MIG-21 release date will be Sep 24th. Lets see how close I am.

Edited by Mode1961

I think what is upsetting a fair number of people is that you guys said , you were releasing with 1.2.8 and that appears not to be true anymore even though you said that integration is what was holding you up and now it looks like 1.2.8 integration has stopped and you guys have moved on to 1.3.0 (which means it could be quite a while till release).

Havent heard them say the mig will be released with 1.3.0. If they release between F86 and 1.3.0 this means they released during the time 1.2.8 would have been the current version of DCSW, remember, 1.2.9 should have never existed.

I dont get why people thing that 1.3.0 wi so far away, or why they tkink Mig will release next year. A little speculation if I may: EDGE comes with Dora, on 5 august, short after or before, Mig will see the light.