F15 standalone or FC3 ?

bigian

Looking for advice, wondering if you suggest I'm best downloading standalone f15 into dcs? I currently fly Huey, a10c and mustang, I'm tempted to buy either the sabre or the f15, if the latter do you guys suggest stick to modules or fly the new f15 in FC 3 and in fact is the standalone dcs F15 a different beast from the one in flaming cliffs? Thanks for any help

Ian

If you only ever want the F15, then just go for that. However if you think you might also like to try the Mig, Flanker, or any other FC3 aircraft - go with that.

The F15 module and the F15 as bundled w/ FC3 are identical. From the ED shop page:

Note: the aircraft model is identical to the Flaming Cliffs 3 module. Owners of FC3 do not need to purchase.

FC3 is:

MIG-29s (A and S)

SU-27

SU-33

SU-25A* (not the same as the free SU-25T)

F-15C*

A-10A*

Three of which have Advanced Flight Models already (marked with a *)

So if you only want the F-15C and dont care about the others, then get F-15C Standalone.

if you feel you want to eventually give the other aircraft a shot, get FC3.

The F-15C in both packages are Identical.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the responses, probably best going for standalone then, I've bought thrust master warthog hotas and rudder pedals, fly the a10c mainly but thought flying a fast jet periodically might be a blast. I'm also 35 hours into my PPL license flying real time and practicing in FSX so another fleet of planes is probably the last thing I (or my wife ) need :-) cheers guys

FC3 is:

MIG-29s (A and S)

SU-27 **

SU-33

SU-25A* (not the same as the free SU-25T)

F-15C*

A-10A*

Three of which have Advanced Flight Models already (marked with a *)

One more at least is supposed to get "shortly" Advanced Flight Models (marked with a **)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

the Flankers and MIGs are fun to fly, I Pre-Purchased FC3 with the plan to only fly A-10A and F-15C, but ended up spending alot of time in the Flanker and MIGs as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

I made the F15 standalone purchase fairly quickly, foolishly thinking that it being a standalone it would be fully functional [cockpit etc]... I guess I was wrong. Kind of strange IMO to offer it as a standalone if it's not fully developed.

So my question is, is there anywhere in the forums where the devs discuss plans to make it a full fledged simulator? It's kindof a dream as I work on these beasts, sit in the cockpit a lot, but no chance of flying anytime soon. I'm not much for just eye candy, I like to push the buttons! heh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Coolermaster Sniper CM Storm Case-i7 920 OC 3.74ghz-Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 heatsink/fans-ASUS P6T Deluxe V2-Corsair 850W PWR-OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600 lat.7-7-7-24-WD 300Gb 'Raptor drive-Seagate 750Gb-MSI NX8800GTS 512Mb OC (G92)-Creative X-fi titanium-TrackIR5 Pro-MS FF2 Sidewinder [Oldie but goody] :thumbup:

I just bought the F15C stand alone a couple of days ago. I figured for 10 bucks whats to lose. I have the exact same AC as the OP. And have never felt the DCS world with speed.

Gotta say, even though I thought I would not like the lower fidelity of a non clickable, easy AC it has been a lot of fun. Blasting straight up and covering the whole map so quickly.

It looks great inside. My vote would be for them to just finish it and make it like the A10c.

F15s fly over my house every day at 10am. Made me want to test it out. Glad I did. Will not fly all of the time....but will from time to time.

Good to see what the opposition is capable of.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri