Su-27 icon on the main screen?

gerd

I was wondering in the past whether we will get some way to manage the module icons on the main screen - negative answer from ED.

As the line of modules at the bottom of the screen was growing and growing, with the addition of Mig-21 in 1.2.10 it got to the point it could not hold any more modules. What now?

After the update to 1.2.11, no icon of Su-27 module appeared. I suppose it is due to the line of icons having no more space. Once again, Is there a plan to have the icons managed by users? Or at lease split it into several rows (simple FC3 aircrafts / complex modules)?

If you have Flaming Cliffs 3 you wont see the icons for the Su-25A, A-10A, F-15C, or Su-27 because you already "own" those modules. FC3 gives you access to each of them. Sadly this means you miss out on the wallpapers and music that comes with each module. Which is a shame because the Su-27 music is freaking amazing.

In terms of running out of space... as far as I understand it when the available modules grows beyond you monitor resolution width an arrow will appear at the bottom allowing you to scroll between available modules.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If you have Flaming Cliffs 3 you wont see the icons for the Su-25A, A-10A, F-15C, or Su-27 because you already "own" those modules. FC3 gives you access to each of them. Sadly this means you miss out on the wallpapers and music that comes with each module. Which is a shame because the Su-27 music is freaking amazing.

In terms of running out of space... as far as I understand it when the available modules grows beyond you monitor resolution width an arrow will appear at the bottom allowing you to scroll between available modules.

I do not need the icons as they just add clutter when I already have FC3, but the option of having the wallpapers and background music for the F-15, Su-27, ect. would be wonderful. I would like to change it to the Su-27. :)

Cliffs is a bit of a mess. It contains a lot of missions such as training missions for everything from the A-10A to the Su-33 that’s not easily discoverable in-game and you have to install the individual modules to get the manuals and worse can’t have Cliffs installed if you want the music and wallpapers.

Since my question is related, I rather post it in this thread than create a new one: As I understand from the in-game news, I automatically own the new su-27 by owning FC3. But for some reason, my in-game su-27 isn't updated to the latest version (which was released today, right?). It still has the old cockpit with the pilot model and unclickable buttons. Is there something I'm not understanding correctly?

The cockpit hasn't changed since it was updated to 3D 6DOF (except adding a pilot body)

the update (mostly) give the SU27 a much more realistic flight model , meaning it behaves alot like the real thing.

they also change some systems (like having to power on the A/C , and redid the HDD)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way, last night I noticed a brand new Su-27 icon on the main page of the game, and brand new music.

Problem solved?

no

post a screenshot otherwise never happened :D

icon must be here:

...:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\DemoMods\aircraft\Su-27\Skins\1

but Su-27 folder is missing

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Well, to be frank I did not see any folder for the Su-27... so you got me on that one.

However... I cannot deny that my eyes and ears do not lie. I am looking right now at the nose of a Su27 Flanker, and hearing some airy techno kind of music playing.

See attached screenshot. Su-27 icon is third from the right by the way.

proof.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

:thumbup: thanks, interesting, do you have a standalone su-27 module installed ?

because i have fc3 with the latest beta patch and there is all the fc3-aircraft icons (F-15C, Su-25A, A-10A) in the DCS World OpenBeta\DemoMods\aircraft folders but except the su-27 icon, so please do us a favor and search/find that su-27 icon.png and the base-menu-window.png in your folders, thanks :)

ps. i see the colorless/non-installed fc3 icon on your monitor so i think i must download and "install" the standalone su-27 module for that su-27 background "wallpaper" :D...downloading

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

:thumbup: thanks, interesting, do you have a standalone su-27 module installed ?

because i have fc3 with the latest beta patch and there is all the fc3-aircraft icons (F-15C, Su-25A, A-10A) in the DCS World OpenBeta\DemoMods\aircraft folders but except the su-27 icon, so please do us a favor and search/find that su-27 icon.png and the base-menu-window.png in your folders, thanks :)

ps. i see the colorless/non-installed fc3 icon on your monitor so i think i must download and "install" the standalone su-27 module for that su-27 background "wallpaper" :D...downloading

Sounds like you answered your own question. yes I got the standalone Su-27 for my birthday on Tuesday past. I noticed no icon at first till an update a couple days ago, then bam, it was there, as well as the music and wallpaper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Sounds like you answered your own question. yes I got the standalone Su-27 for my birthday on Tuesday past. I noticed no icon at first till an update a couple days ago, then bam, it was there, as well as the music and wallpaper.

yeah, cool, and happy birthday :)

just sayin' fc3 owners must download and install standalone su-27 module (over fc3 - dont worry)

after that go to ...Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-27 folder

open the entry.lua file

and kill the fc3 primacy/priority in line #15 like this

--[[

rules =

{

["Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics"] = { required = false , disabled = true }

},

--]]

this will allow to show the su-27 icon (next to fc3 icon) & background-theme & su-27 theme-music ;)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

yeah, cool, and happy birthday :)

just sayin' fc3 owners must download and install standalone su-27 module (over fc3 - dont worry)

after that go to ...Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-27 folder

open the entry.lua file

and kill the fc3 primacy/priority in line #15 like this

--[[

rules =

{

["Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics"] = { required = false , disabled = true }

},

--]]

this will allow to show the su-27 icon (next to fc3 icon) & background-theme & su-27 theme-music ;)

Does installing the Su-27 and F-15 module over FC3 take up any additional SSD/HDD space aside from the image file and music? I am very low on my free SSD space and don't want to unnecessarily waste it.

Would it be possible to just download the music, background image, and .lau file while creating the necessary folders?