Question symbology data Link.

terence44

To amplify, the length of the target's "nose" indicates speed, while the width of its wings denotes altitude. If the target's body is a closed triangle, then the signal source is your radar. If the target's body is an open "triangle", then the source is the datalink. And, of course, triangles denote non-friendly aircraft, while circles are the ones you never shoot at.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Can anyone look at this as I am learning the same thing.

hdd.png

The yellow line indicates air speed and the red one altitude? The longer the line the faster/higher the plane is and the triangle at the back is AWACS unless its full then its my own radar, is that correct interpretation?

Thanks

p.s. Ironhand already answered it, he was faster. thanks :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

- Lord Inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov

If what you mean is fighter-to-fighter datalink, I doubt we will see that anytime soon. When (if) a full DCS: Su-27 is released, sure, but don't hold your breath IMO.

Of course, AWACS-to-fighter or EWR-to-fighter datalink is already working, and it is already very useful if you are Lucky enough to have those.

BTW, a real great thanks to ED for unexpectedly improving the datalink. I love that kind of surprises :)

• 8 months later...
If what you mean is fighter-to-fighter datalink, I doubt we will see that anytime soon. When (if) a full DCS: Su-27 is released, sure, but don't hold your breath IMO.

It does work! But only in single player... The problem is the way that fighters are grouped in MP. Rather than having 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 etc., we have 1-1, 2-1, 3-1. It's also something that we've been told is going to be fixed in DCS 2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]